Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2013, 07:08 PM

243 posts, read 594,271 times

Advertisements

I have a co-worker who LOVES Dunkin Donuts. So, I looked into whether there was any news on that front. Turns out, St. Louis County is the ONLY county in Minnesota marked as a 'future county'. When you click on it, it says "not open yet, but stay tuned".

Also, a couple weeks ago, there was another article regarding Chick-fil-A's expansion to Duluth:
"Opening within a month of each other, the four Minnesota openings are part of Chick-fil-A‘s expansion in the state that will bring upwards of 10 locations in the next three to five years. Most of those locations are targeted within the Twin Cities area with long-term growth expanding as far north as Duluth, west to St. Cloud and south to Rochester. The chain currently operates three licensed locations on the campuses of the University of Minnesota and Minnesota State University-Mankato, and at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport."

Anyone have any other information??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 12:51 PM

Renovations have started on the London Road Burger King. Looks like Kwik Trip is not going there.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:36 AM

Renovations have also started on the Burger King on 27th avenue west. Looks like they will all be using the new prototype - should be quite an improvement.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:48 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,449,830 times
The Central Entrance renovation should be almost complete too.

Old 02-04-2014, 12:07 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,449,830 times
News spurring that a few tenants might be named soon for the new Platinum Plaza project across the Miller Hill Mall. Crossing my fingers we see a Qdoba up by the mall area!

Old 02-08-2014, 11:39 AM

14 posts, read 25,569 times
Any news on who those new tenants wanting to go into Platinum Plaza?

Old 02-10-2014, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,188 times
Hello,

I'm not sure if anyone follows their Facebook page or not, but Explorations has announced that they will be moving from their current location in the Holiday Center up to the Village Square Mall in the next month or so. They are currently having a moving sale...everything is 15% off! I hope they will get more business in their new location, but it is sad to see yet another Duluth storefront left empty.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:05 AM

232 posts, read 735,826 times
I know it'll NEVER happen but just for kicks, and since the weather's been horseshi* and there's nothing else to talk about here's my list:
- a Dunkin Donuts
- a Tim Horton's (their bagels & pastry = awesome)
- everywhere I go I see 7-11's and I'd love if Duluth got some
- a YWCA with an actual Fitness Center rather than YWCA office space on skid row (1st Ave E & 1st St) if you saw the YWCA in Minneapolis you'd see one of the best athletic training and fitness centers in the upper Midwest...
- Stores in the new Woodland Middle School property that aren't locally owned places that'll be out of business in a year (like those awful eateries at UMD); put in stores that people know and will actually patronize...
- a LUSH (a higher end Bath & Body Works) Store.
- Bruegger's, Einsteins or similar kinds of bagel stores.
- one of those new McDonald's seen in larger cities where it's a very small, condensed McDonald's that looks more like a coffee shop than a McDonald's. There are no ways to access fast food or other popular restaurants for that matter without having a car or spending 1-2 hours on the city bus. Downtown Duluth looks absolutely dead - it reminds me of Niagara Falls, New York - just look at the handwritten signs on storefronts along First Street. And that piece of crap of a building where the Kozy used to be leaves a terrible first few impressions on first-time visitors.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:04 PM

I realize this isn't Duluth, but the project at highway 33 in Cloquet looks to be back on. They've just signed a development agreement with the MAJOR Ryan Companies. See more in the Pine Journal:

City looks to develop land off Highway 33, I-35 | Pine Journal

Will the region finally get a Super Target? I wish Duluth had one. What can you see going in this development? I really believe Cabela's will go there. They work with a broad range of companies, including Kohl's, Target, etc.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth07 View Post
I know it'll NEVER happen but just for kicks, and since the weather's been horseshi* and there's nothing else to talk about here's my list:
- a Dunkin Donuts
- a Tim Horton's (their bagels & pastry = awesome)
- everywhere I go I see 7-11's and I'd love if Duluth got some
- a YWCA with an actual Fitness Center rather than YWCA office space on skid row (1st Ave E & 1st St) if you saw the YWCA in Minneapolis you'd see one of the best athletic training and fitness centers in the upper Midwest...
- Stores in the new Woodland Middle School property that aren't locally owned places that'll be out of business in a year (like those awful eateries at UMD); put in stores that people know and will actually patronize...
- a LUSH (a higher end Bath & Body Works) Store.
- Bruegger's, Einsteins or similar kinds of bagel stores.
- one of those new McDonald's seen in larger cities where it's a very small, condensed McDonald's that looks more like a coffee shop than a McDonald's. There are no ways to access fast food or other popular restaurants for that matter without having a car or spending 1-2 hours on the city bus. Downtown Duluth looks absolutely dead - it reminds me of Niagara Falls, New York - just look at the handwritten signs on storefronts along First Street. And that piece of crap of a building where the Kozy used to be leaves a terrible first few impressions on first-time visitors.
Wow, that looks like a great list! I'd love to see all that. Duluth used to have so many 7-11's! I miss those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth