Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2010, 05:39 PM

432 posts, read 1,120,068 times

Advertisements

I got a response from Bed Bath & Beyond yesterday and they said that they were not aware of any plans for a Duluth location. I hope that they are wrong and maybe they don't announce anything until construction starts. I also wonder if the new McDonalda on London Road will look like the newer one on Central Entrance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 11:45 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,449,830 times
Bed Bath and Beyond is probably acting just like BWW did. They all say they dont have plans for a Duluth location until it actually starts construction. Remember, we knew that BWW was going where it was well over four months before construction started and they denied the location and so did the paper until construction started.

The McDonalds on London Road will not look at all like the one on Central Entrance. It will have the "Forever Young" prototype design. These stores are very modern and feature an outside with a giant "swish eyebrow" over the front as the call it. Below is a picture of what the store will look like.

It will look something along these lines.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:10 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,348,687 times
I agree that BBB's response is probably just what they say. Rochester is getting a Trader Joe's and they denied they had anything planned for Rochester, but the employees were talking and sure enough it's happening. Perhaps they don't have all the details worked out yet on their location so they deny until it is finalized.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:40 AM

Sams Club is remodeling. Anyone know how extensive this remodel will be? Just saw it today when I was getting gas. They took out a part of the front parking lot so they could use it for space for six dumpsters and material space. The moved one of the entrances and fenced off the entire old entrance and in the back they are digging and laying concrete. I dont know any details. Does anyone else know how extensive this will be? Will it be a full remodel?

Old 07-14-2010, 12:20 PM

243 posts, read 594,271 times
I was just at Sam's Club yesterday and noticed the same thing. Really took me by surprise! I spoke with someone I know there, and she said that it is really going to be a "big deal.". She said they are expanding out in front, doing an extensive remodel, and changing around the cashier area. She wasn't too sure all of the particulars, but she did say it's really going to be something.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:16 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,705,497 times
HEY! Why doesn't Duluth have any Mid-Dining places? Mid-Dining places are awesome. These are places that are sit-down but not necessarily fast food either...

Chipotle
Panera Bread
Noodles
Leann Chin
???
???

Old 07-14-2010, 03:26 PM

Ahh finally!!! I bet we are going to get the new Sams Club prototype! They are gorgeous... atleast on the outside. I was really surprised to see that they were doing a remodel. But I guess its been about ten years since they added on their front addition and that was their last remodel! Good finding bbtrips!

The mid-dining restaurants are all major chains and they tend to start expanding only in large metropolitan areas such as the Twin Cities, where all of your mentioned "Casual Restaurants" are. They then tend to move to the largest populated cities in the state, such as Rochester, which tends to have places like Chipotle, Panera, Noodles and Leann Chin. They all are just started to look at Duluth. Chipotle and Panera both are scouting out Duluth locations right now and plan to open in our market with in the next year. Its all a matter of time for Duluth Oh yea, and Duluth tends to be behind the trend.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:07 PM

Found some more info out on the Sams Club remodel!

Quote:
Individual Store General Remodel Of Existing Store; Interior & Exterior Demolition; New Vestibule; New Canopy; New Vision Center; New Photo Lab; New Snack Bar; New Pharmacy; Remodeled Offices; Expanded Auto Center Service & Sales Selective Site Demolition (Non-Civil); Structural Steel; EIFS; Cast-In-Place Concrete, Cold Formed Metal Framing, Building Insulation, Elastomeric Membrane Roofing, Energy Management Systems, Mechanical & Electrical

Old 07-15-2010, 11:44 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,705,497 times
Is Duluth going to get a Sonic? How about Batting Cages in Duluth? I can't believe there are none. How about mini-golf? How about any indoor pools, like community centers? How about Dennys? What about a Popeyes?

Old 07-15-2010, 02:30 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,116,906 times
I don't like chain restaurants, but the absence of a White Castle in Duluth is glaring (heck, even Hinckley has one!) We actually did have one for a couple of years, but the poor tastes of Duluthians could not support it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth