Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2008, 03:48 PM

432 posts, read 1,120,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminumpork View Post
Whoops, yeah, I always make that mistake

I also just read that article about the hotel and restaurant on Central Entrance, and I have a strong feeling that the council isn't going to approve it.
I also saw a sign in the Stone Ridge parking lot for a new space, but I for-
got the details. Do you know who is in charge of leasing at Stone Ridge?
Is anything set in stone for that "Duluth Hill" area? Every time I go up there
the for lease sign is there and has been for at least 5 years. That is such
a prime location I am surprised nothing is there yet. Is DQ Grill & Chill
really going in the mall? they just opened one right up the Street. I think
another Subway is a disappointment too, because there is already three
of them on the Central Entrance/ Miller Trunk strip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 04:04 PM

I'm predicting the next hot retail/restaurant area to be Rice Lake Road north of Arrowhead Road. The Uniprise offices, Allete, a proposed Gramercy Park co-op
apartments and a medical technology company is proposing a new building there.
Those could spur new commercial development in that area. The former Burger
King in the mall food court could become an Arby's. Every food court in the major
Twin Cities malls has one and Arby's is finally in Duluth(about time, huh)!

Old 02-11-2008, 08:16 AM

781 posts, read 2,627,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateduluthnative View Post
I'm predicting the next hot retail/restaurant area to be Rice Lake Road north of Arrowhead Road. The Uniprise offices, Allete, a proposed Gramercy Park co-op
apartments and a medical technology company is proposing a new building there.
Those could spur new commercial development in that area. The former Burger
King in the mall food court could become an Arby's. Every food court in the major
Twin Cities malls has one and Arby's is finally in Duluth(about time, huh)!
Are you talking about SISU for the proposed development on Rice Lake? That's been going for awhile with difficulty. The old Burger King spot in the mall is likely becoming some sort of chicken place, but Arbys would be cool as well.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:09 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,450,040 times
Do we still not know anything on the Chicken places name? Did aluminumpork figure out yet if DQ in the mall is really going to become a Grill and Chill for sure? Have you heard about any new business's coming to Duluth?

Old 02-11-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminumpork View Post
Are you talking about SISU for the proposed development on Rice Lake? That's been going for awhile with difficulty. The old Burger King spot in the mall is likely becoming some sort of chicken place, but Arbys would be cool as well.
Yes, SISU. I think they are somewhere Downtown at the present time.
I'll be up to Duluth this weekend and do my usual drive around to see new
development.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:32 PM

My uncle works for SISU and I have seen the plans for the building. As it was said to me, my uncle says the building is a dead plan due to some of the restrictions the city is putting against them. There is a little chance it could be built.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:56 PM

721 posts, read 2,609,442 times
Well, the city council surprised me last night and voted to support the "unamed hotel and restaurant" chain as well as the assisted living and clinic. Will wonders never cease!

Old 02-12-2008, 09:20 PM

I was very happy with the city that they approved all of those things. I really am curious at what the extended stay hotel will be and the restaurant will be.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:13 AM

781 posts, read 2,627,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthian2008 View Post
My uncle works for SISU and I have seen the plans for the building. As it was said to me, my uncle says the building is a dead plan due to some of the restrictions the city is putting against them. There is a little chance it could be built.
I had heard that the project is dead because of issues with tenants. It was due to be a technology park with multiple high profile (needing high security areas for servers) and that their was some sort of disagreement between them.

Quote:
Well, the city council surprised me last night and voted to support the "unamed hotel and restaurant" chain as well as the assisted living and clinic. Will wonders never cease!
Agreed. Well, I guess I wasn't so much surprised as I was happy. Like I had said earlier, I has sent an email to all of the councilors encouraging the project and the responses I received were very positive. The hotel/restaurant coupled with road redevelopment should produce an attractive area. I also think it kind of seals the deal on the remaining Central Entrance homes between Arlington and Anderson. A few of those homes have signs on them advertising the fact that their zoned commercial.
Not that I necessarily agree with destroying homes in the name of development, but many those of homes are rentals and not pretty ones at that. Many of them appear run down and just plain bad. I think replacing them with nice, modern development will really clean up the street.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:22 AM

721 posts, read 2,609,442 times
I would like to see mixed used development along the portion of the road near lakeview christian school. An attarctive development with street level business and upper floor housing could replace the decrepit housing that would need to be demolished.

What's that big dirt pile with hoses sticking out of it along central near the walk up DQ and that ugly sand colored building that is vacant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth