Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2008, 04:15 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,449,830 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I live in Duluth, Minnesota and I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any of the larger national chains opening a store up here? Whether is be a food, clothing, a big box or small store, if you know it, please tell. Duluth needs new stores and at the moment many are starting to make there way up here. I just want to know what other stores anyone else knows of.

Stores coming that I know of
Hollister
Charlotte Russe
Build a Bear Workshop
Little Caesars
Pizza Ranch
Another Subway
New KFC
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 09:53 PM

781 posts, read 2,627,727 times
Pizza Ranch is coming?! Woah, I went to one of those in Albert Lea. It was strange With the Little Caesers, are you talking about the new one that's already open in West Duluth? Or are they opening another one. I hadn't heard about a new Subway or a new KFC either.

This is what I've heard:

- Texas Steak House and Culvers (shared parking across from Home Depot/Olive Garden)
- Valentinos Italian (you've probably already heard of this, as they're practically open on London Rd.)
- Nevada Bob's Golf (across from Burning Tree Plaza)
- Unknown addition to AT&T/Cellular One main building.

Also, I'm not sure what will be opening in the new Renaissance Building, guess I'll just have to wait and find out.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:55 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,116,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthian2008 View Post
Hello,
I live in Duluth, Minnesota and I just wanted to know if anyone knew of any of the larger national chains opening a store up here? Whether is be a food, clothing, a big box or small store, if you know it, please tell. Duluth needs new stores and at the moment many are starting to make there way up here. I just want to know what other stores anyone else knows of.

Stores coming that I know of
Hollister
Charlotte Russe
Build a Bear Workshop
Little Caesars
Pizza Ranch
Another Subway
New KFC
I'd prefer new local restaurants.

Duluth needs:

* An Ethiopian restaurant. Delicious food and fun to eat (with injera bread). Sioux Falls has one but not Duluth.

* Another Japanese restaurant. It's not good to only have one real restaurant in town.

* Maybe a Korean, Russian, or Polish place.

* A good Cajun / Creole place. As far as I know, there's no real Cajun or Creole restaurant in the area.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:58 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,116,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminumpork View Post
Pizza Ranch is coming?! Woah, I went to one of those in Albert Lea. It was strange With the Little Caesers, are you talking about the new one that's already open in West Duluth? Or are they opening another one. I hadn't heard about a new Subway or a new KFC either.

This is what I've heard:

- Texas Steak House and Culvers (shared parking across from Home Depot/Olive Garden)
- Valentinos Italian (you've probably already heard of this, as they're practically open on London Rd.)

Also, I'm not sure what will be opening in the new Renaissance Building, guess I'll just have to wait and find out.
Nevada Bob's has been in Duluth forever. Never knew it was a chain.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Nevada Bob's has been in Duluth forever. Never knew it was a chain.
Well, then they're getting a new building up by Best Buy.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:

This is what I've heard:

I just talked to the Culvers rep a few weeks ago for Superior and they were talking about locating in Duluth but they didnt know where yet and I suggested that site where you said it was to locate. The site across from Home Depot and Olive Garden is owned by Welsh Companies and John Johannson is leasing it. Where did you hear that those two stores will be opening there? Just wondering. There will be Two freestanding full service restuarants, one fast food and two 7,000 square foot strip centers. Pizza Ranch is opening in Duluth but they are not releasing the location yet. They were going into the Maple Square Center being built but the deal fell through. Little Caesars is suppose to be opening a location in the Maple Square Building across from Best Buy. Texas Steak House? Is that a good restuarant I have never heard of it. Also Buffalo Wild Wings is scouting out six locations in Duluth and are trying to select one, they hope to have a location in Duluth by the end of 2008 or early 2009. Subway will be going in Hermantown were the new DQ Grill and Chill is located. They will be building a brand new restuarant behind Grill and Chill. Also a few other stores will be built next to it were Cinema 8 was. T.G.I Fridays wants to open in Duluth but currently is still looking for spaces. Lowes also wants to open a location in Duluth but still is looking for a site. Tell me what you think or of any more stores you find out!

Old 01-23-2008, 03:16 PM

Also the addition to the AT&T building on Maple Grove road is AAA class office space. The Old KFC in the west duluth was torn down and a new one has been built in its place. It looks amazing, its not open yet. Does anyone know anything about the Hermantown Centre building on Maple Grove Road down a little ways from Slumberland? It has had a coming soon sign but still has yet to start construction. Also does anybody know anything about Miller Hill Malls new store that is being built next to Wilsons leather?

Old 01-24-2008, 07:47 AM

Geez, you certainly seem to be in the know about new new stores :-). All of the things you've mentioned make me excited though. I had heard second hand from the guy that actually plans on opening the Texas Steak House. I had noticed on Welsh's website that their layout for the property showed two strips, but I had assumed that was only conceptual. Something needs to be done with the old Gander Mountain property though! Gander Mountain has been out of there for quite some time. It would be great to get a third home improvement store in Duluth. I also really wish we would get a second major electronics retailer, but unfortunately, none of the other chains (besides Best Buy) are doing very well, or are in any position to be expanding.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:18 PM

Haha. The Welsh Companies space that Texas Steak House and Culvers will be opening in is called "Duluth Hill." The concept plan has changed from the one online, I have the new version. Its the same just some things are different with the actual site plans of the buildings. Is Texas Steak House a good restuarant? Are they nice? What are their square footages? Also do you know when Culvers and Texas Steak House might start construction and be open? I have talked to Chris Simmons who is leasing the Gander Mt. space. He says no one is interested yet. They are talking about spliting the space up. Circuit City is the only place I could think of coming to Duluth, but being they are not doing very well I dont see it as soon. I really think Duluth needs Panera Bread, Noodles and Company, Chipotle, and more higher food places, also more freestanding sit down restuarants so we can give the college students a little taste of home.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:20 PM

Chipotles is definitely one place I'd love to see come in. But being that I've only seen Chipotles in the cities I don't see that happening. Fargo doesn't even have any chipotles, and it seems they have every chain known to man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth