Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2008, 03:15 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,449,617 times

Advertisements

There will be a makeup place? Where?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 02:06 PM

101 posts, read 271,316 times
That's what I'm being told, but location couldn't be confirmed. It sounds like it may not be until next year.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:05 PM

Is it a chain or a local store? If its not Sephora I wonder if it is Origins? Or M.A.C? Is Sephora ruled out already?

Old 05-16-2008, 08:33 PM

CrystalIce or anyone, I had a few questions on the mall that I was wondering if you could answer. The first is about the streetscape. Do you know what they are planning on doing with the planters? Each one has an electical outlet so I didnt know if they were planning on lighting them up during the holidays, or even the summer.

2. Do you know if Sbarro is totally done with remodeling their space? I didnt know because it looks like it still is a little unfininshed, but I also didnt know if that was part of the design. Also is the mall phasing out the signs above each of the food court tenants that hang from the ceiling? The reason I ask this is because Sbarros is gone. Do you know if Subway is planning a remodel anytime soon? Anyword on the new food court tenant?

3. Is there any news on the two spaces next to Coldwater Creek and also the one large space in the interior?

4. Is there any news on any new retailers coming to the mall?

Old 05-19-2008, 11:48 AM

I believe Sbarro's is done remodeling. As far as the signs go - the mall does not own them. It is up to each store to do their own sign. I haven't heard anything about Subway remodeling.

No news on the area where Coldwater Creek is, inside or out. I don't know the name of the make-up place because they haven't signed yet, my friend wouldn't tell me. No new news on the Chicken place going in the food court. As far as the planters and such there haven't been any architectural drawings done yet so I don't know what will happen there.

Wish I had more to report, but not much going on right now.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:02 PM

Well when you find this stuff out please do tell!! Thanks.

Old 05-24-2008, 04:22 PM

Crystal Ice do you know if Radio Shack is going to remodel? There is a site online saying that a national electronics chain is remodeling in the Duluth Heights area. Best Buy just did so what about Radio Shack?

Old 05-30-2008, 08:41 AM

Victoria Secret's is open and it is gorgeous! There are three entrances and one is the Pink Shop. It's huge and really lights up that hallway.

I haven't heard anything on Radio Shack moving or remodeling, but will see what I can find out.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:48 PM

243 posts, read 594,233 times
Thanks CrystalIce. I was so surprised. I was there yesterday, and they had taken down one corner so you could see in, but it was fully open today. You're so right - it looks just awesome and really improves that space.

When I was at the mall, I asked one of the people at Subway, and one of the people at Sbarro if they heard anything about that spot in the food court. They said there were a few offers but that the mall didn't accept the offer. THEN, I ran into my uncle, who walks the mall all the time and talks with the management quite a bit. He said a chicken place was going in (not KFC, and one that is popular in the south). I'm assuming it's Cane's? Anyone else heard anything about this.

Also, you were asking for thoughts on the mall, and although I was there twice in one day, it's actually pretty rare for me to even go to the mall anymore. Ever since the Disney Store left, I've been crushed, and it just isn't the same anymore. I know Disney has taken over the stores again from Children's Place, but haven't heard of any new expansions. I would LOVE to see a Disney Store again if they decide to grow again.

I guess I like walking around, but there aren't many "family" type stores where you can buy family merchandise, clothing, housewares, etc. As a result, we usually shop at Kohls for almost everything, and then stroll around the mall on occasion. We do go to Barnes and Noble, though, and that offers great family activity.

I really think the mall is dated. I love the Coldwater area, and the Old Navy/Barnes and Noble area. I think it looks terrific. So, really looking forward to possible redevelopment. I guess if it were brighter and more appealing, we would go more often, but I find the outside (and inside) hideous, and the overall nature of the mall pretty dull. Talk about stuck in a rut! Come on SIMON - step it up and invest some serious money into the mall - we deserve better! Trust me, I'm not the only one who feels that the mall has become dull and dated!

Anyway, just my two cents What do you all think about what I said? Is it offbase, or does this mesh with what you are all thinking?

Old 05-30-2008, 10:21 PM

I am really surprised about Victoria's Secret. I was not expecting the store to be that nice or include three entrances, a pink store and make up. I am really pleased with the new store and I feel like the mall deserved it. Does the new store include a Victoria's Secret Beauty store?

I thought it was Canes from the beginning. But I am still not sure if it is due to the fact that I emailed them and they said they had no plans to open in the Miller Hill Mall. But hey thats a normal response from a company who does not want to take time to write individual emails.

I do agree with everything you have said BB trips. The mall is extremely dated but I think with the work crystalice has mentioned that will be done this next year will really boost the look of the mall. The new flooring will do a lot.

Now the only question I have still is where is Buckle opening their new store in the mall?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth