Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 10:36 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,449,830 times

Advertisements

I am very familar with that link. I too would love H&M to open in the mall. The spaces you spoke about are perfect, but that would also make a small H&M being one of the spaces is already leased. But I could see H&M one day coming to the mall whether it be in a mall expansion or a larger store leaving the mall. Cross your fingers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 12:35 PM

They boxed out the old Pam's Hallmark space....I really dont know why being Build A Bear is going there and they wont be opening for atleast another year.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:26 PM

The new Buckle store at the mall is now under construction and so is aerie! Both are boxed out and I heard construction crews building away today!

Old 03-03-2009, 08:55 PM

69 posts, read 198,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthian2008 View Post
What are you thoughts about Miller Hill Mall? What stores need to be added and what ones need to be removed? What needs to happen to the interior, exterior, etc, to make this mall even more successful?
Well, repaving the third world parking lot would be a start. A sushi joint would make me more apt to eat there. (duluth is way way behind on the sushi thing) Other then that, miller hill has what most malls have and a little of what some do not. Chucky Cheese was the greatest when I was a kid. So some kind of kids place would be fitting. Maybe a Buffalo Wild Wings, or a Sportsmans Wharehouse so men have something to do while the ladies shop.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:23 PM

55 posts, read 116,797 times
Is there any news on thte old buckle space like who might be renting it. and as we go farther into our recession, will there be anymore store closings soon so maybe some well of stores like coach can come in.

is jcpenny's even doing good. I think they should sell their lot to macy's. (that would make that end of the mall a lot bussier) and i heard that dollar days is closing from the mall office. what might go there????

Old 03-05-2009, 06:14 AM

There is no news on the old Buckle space, yet that is. I know that it has been rumored that Sephora wants to open a space in the mall somewhere, Buckles would be the most suitable for them, but I do not know what will come out of that. There shouldn't been any other stores closing in the mall now, I know that it is expected that another jewelery place might be closing, and I have also heard that Eddie Bauer may possibly be closing too, but I do not know for sure on either of these. On the Eddie Bauer situation I have heard from many people that its either closing or staying open, so say for sure that its staying open and some say that it might close! Who knows yet!

Being J.C. Penny is an anchor, and being that its in a climate like Duluths, the store does well. Basically all of the anchors do well at our mall, it wouldnt hurt Sears if they could do a little better. I know many people are wanting a Macy's at the mall. About ten or fifteen years ago when the mall introduced its expansion plan that was to add onto Sears, turn Sears into stores, add more store space and then add two anchors (Sears and Macy's) that Macy's was being considered for one of the spaces. But the city voted down this expansion and it was never able to happen.

On the mall site plan it shows Collectors Connection, Dollar Days and Prodigy Real estate all as available for lease. I would love it if the Dollar Store left the mall. It does not fit in with the mall very well and their space could be used for a store. We also have to realize that with Walden Books gone and if the Dollar Store is leaving that that leaves only Radioshack between the two open spaces. The mall could possibly ask RadioShack to move elsewhere and then combine all three spaces together into one larger space or two larger spaces. Express would fit well right there, or an H&M.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:19 PM

432 posts, read 1,120,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthian2008 View Post
There is no news on the old Buckle space, yet that is. I know that it has been rumored that Sephora wants to open a space in the mall somewhere, Buckles would be the most suitable for them, but I do not know what will come out of that. There shouldn't been any other stores closing in the mall now, I know that it is expected that another jewelery place might be closing, and I have also heard that Eddie Bauer may possibly be closing too, but I do not know for sure on either of these. On the Eddie Bauer situation I have heard from many people that its either closing or staying open, so say for sure that its staying open and some say that it might close! Who knows yet!

Being J.C. Penny is an anchor, and being that its in a climate like Duluths, the store does well. Basically all of the anchors do well at our mall, it wouldnt hurt Sears if they could do a little better. I know many people are wanting a Macy's at the mall. About ten or fifteen years ago when the mall introduced its expansion plan that was to add onto Sears, turn Sears into stores, add more store space and then add two anchors (Sears and Macy's) that Macy's was being considered for one of the spaces. But the city voted down this expansion and it was never able to happen.

On the mall site plan it shows Collectors Connection, Dollar Days and Prodigy Real estate all as available for lease. I would love it if the Dollar Store left the mall. It does not fit in with the mall very well and their space could be used for a store. We also have to realize that with Walden Books gone and if the Dollar Store is leaving that that leaves only Radioshack between the two open spaces. The mall could possibly ask RadioShack to move elsewhere and then combine all three spaces together into one larger space or two larger spaces. Express would fit well right there, or an H&M.
Actually the city voted for the mall expansion, but voted down a larger development on the Home Depot site at the same time in 1996. Check out the book "The Will and the Way" on post WW2 development in the Duluth area, there is a chapter on tht mall area, it says Daytons never commited to the expansion. You can have dinner on me at the fanciest restaurant in Minnesota and order the most expensive thing on the menu if Macy's or any other upscale department store enters the Duluth market!!!

Old 03-05-2009, 06:43 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,348,687 times
I totally remember that it was Daytons that was talked about in Duluth.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:30 PM

721 posts, read 2,609,262 times
I was at the mall tonight trying to find some trendier, meaning younger, dress clothes for work. Nothing. I hate shopping at that mall as it is totally moving toward a teen market leaving old fogey-grandpa clothes for anyone my age (early 30's). I will be in Minneapolis for work next week so-I guess I can shop at MOA, Tangier, or one of the other malls. Duluth's mall needs some help-it was a mistake to kick the Gap out. I wish Banana Republic, J-Crew or some other like store would open up at the mall. Didn't J-crew used to be at the mall?

Old 03-05-2009, 09:32 PM

Daytons (Which now is Macy's) was what was looking at the mall back then. But I also know that in the past five years Macy's has looked at Miller Hill Mall too. When I said the city, I meant the surrounding area that actually had a say in what happened with the mall. The neighbors blocked the expansion that was suppose to happen.

I dont believe we ever had a J Crew, we did have an Express where Eddie Bauer currently is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth