Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2011, 09:46 PM

129 posts, read 248,487 times

Advertisements

Not so much a new store in the mall but the mall set up a new santa photo area. It looks very nice and new. WAY better then the old one. WAY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 03:51 AM

432 posts, read 1,120,201 times
Article in today's Duluth News Tribune Business-Noodles & Company is coming to Miller Hill Mall.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:36 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,450,207 times
Saw that article. We can all thank bbtrips for it is as bbtrips tipped them off yesterday. Seems like the DNT struggles when it comes to finding out information about Duluth on the retail scene.

Old 02-03-2012, 11:31 AM

So on the great post the bbtrips posted about Francesca's Collections coming to the Miller Hill Mall... It really is a great store for the mall to be getting because like I said they tend to attract larger retailers like J.Crew, Express, and Banana Republic. The only space I think that would be large enough for them (unless someone is leaving) would be the former half of Old Navy (even though I keep hoping that DSW will downsize and move into that space) which still would probably half to be downsized in order for Francesca's to fit in. However they could also be filling the other half of the Great American space. I could see the mall trying to get another retailer out there, that way it doesn't end up just being a solid block of food.

Francesca's is on a major growth spurt right now. They also will be adding locations in St. Cloud and Rochester.

Other news, DQ and Orange Julius has closed. This is the second time that they duo has been in the mall and then left. Not sure what happened.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:19 PM

432 posts, read 1,120,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthian2008 View Post
So on the great post the bbtrips posted about Francesca's Collections coming to the Miller Hill Mall... It really is a great store for the mall to be getting because like I said they tend to attract larger retailers like J.Crew, Express, and Banana Republic. The only space I think that would be large enough for them (unless someone is leaving) would be the former half of Old Navy (even though I keep hoping that DSW will downsize and move into that space) which still would probably half to be downsized in order for Francesca's to fit in. However they could also be filling the other half of the Great American space. I could see the mall trying to get another retailer out there, that way it doesn't end up just being a solid block of food.

Francesca's is on a major growth spurt right now. They also will be adding locations in St. Cloud and Rochester.

Other news, DQ and Orange Julius has closed. This is the second time that they duo has been in the mall and then left. Not sure what happened.
One other space- the one on the corner by Dress Barn in the "new" part. Dairy Queen isn't much of a loss since there are three of them between Central High and Pike Lake in the corridor. I think Orange Julius should come back in a new space-with Karmelkorn! Does anyone remember when DQ, OJ and Karmelkorn were at the front of the mall roughly where the Ulta entrance is?! There was a McDonald's which before that was an entrance to Chuck E. Cheese!

Old 02-03-2012, 04:24 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,349,261 times
I remember the old DQ/Karmelkorn/Orange Julius. We knew the owners. We had the best Chuck E. Cheese back then. Nothing like they are these days. I get nostalgic for the old mall sometimes.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:24 PM

I just remembered that space a few days ago! However I feel that that space may be too small of a space for Francesca's to locate in. I keep hoping Godiva will open in that space

Old 02-13-2012, 12:23 PM

It was announced today that a Forever XXI would open in Rochester's Apache mall... makes me wonder if they are looking at the Duluth market at all. Their store would fit perfectly in the other half of Old Navy...

Old 02-19-2012, 12:55 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,119,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duluthian2008 View Post
It was announced today that a Forever XXI would open in Rochester's Apache mall... makes me wonder if they are looking at the Duluth market at all. Their store would fit perfectly in the other half of Old Navy...
Forever 21 is a big-city store, and Duluthians, despite living in a city about the size of Rochester, are more true to their backwoods roots.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:26 AM

Actually they are one of the fastest growing chains in the country right now. They are expanding into all markets within the next year, so it wouldn't surprise me if one opened in Duluth with in the next two years. But it's also another one of those teenage girl stores...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth