U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 11:49 AM

102 posts, read 159,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoryofjack View Post
Gosh, wish you would have called or emailed me before saying to yourself "hmm, I'll move to Portland."

I feel sorry for you because [BITTERNESS BILE VITRIOL AND NOTHING OF VALUE TO THE THREAD]

Good luck to you in Willamette Valley!
Fixed it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2020, 02:40 PM

1,074 posts, read 638,882 times
A year in review (technically 13 months):

-The PNW is not as bad as the haters say. The region is gorgeous and still has better than most parts of the country summers (but not Duluth). People are liberal, but I have never felt anything of the sort that I don't belong despite not being especially liberal. There are homeless, but they tend to congregate in the Skidmore area and Chinatown
-Missing winter was harder than expected. Winter in the PNW is too easy and kinda boring. Rain is enjoyable, but not challenging enough. Winter snow in the mountains is not as accessible as PNW fans say, "Oh, just go to the mountains if you want snow". Driving anywhere more than a hour become a chore.
-Missing lakes was harder than expected. Most of the lakes out here are in the mountains and kinda meh. Duluth was really spoiled for lakes.
-Duluth's cheaper cost of housing is definitely missed.
-Duluth was MUCH friendlier, although Portland isn't really "mean" or "rude".
-Nature of Duluth is pretty hard to beat. I think within 2 hours is better in the PNW, but within 30 minutes, Duluth wins hands down.

Old 08-21-2020, 05:56 PM

102 posts, read 159,267 times
I've enjoyed your posts and your perspective very much. My wife and I have lived in the Portland area since 1992 and have (mostly) loved being here. I'm nearing retirement and we're considering options for a new, less expensive home. One option on the list: Duluth! Variety is the spice. Glad you're enjoying Oregon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth