Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 07:08 PM

721 posts, read 2,610,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsimonson View Post
Can anyone tell me what Lincoln park area is like? Is it safe for a young family to relocate to?
My cousin raised two kids off 24 Ave West and 11th street and never had any trouble other than one of her more eccentric elderly neighbors mowing his lawn in his skivvies and knocking on her door saying, "You don't know what you're missing." She had a really nice come back to that, but I will spare you further details.

Anyway, the closer to the top of the hill is better and nearer the bottom is worse. High percentage of rental property in Lincoln Park. Near the creek and park (forget the name) the houses are nice and charming and further back from the industrial area is a lot nicer. There are a lot of churches in the area lining West 3rd St.

Lincoln Park is unfortunate as the freeway decimated the neighborhood when it went through the area and took out hundreds of houses. The business district is cut off by I-35 going North and Highway 53 cutting up the steep hillside. Lincol Park used to be called The West End.

Lots of nearby parks, streams, and close to Spirt Valley, Denfeld High School, Laura MacArthtur Elementary, Wade Stadium, Wheeler Field and the New Skate Park, and the Heritage Sports Center (reuse of the old Clyde Iron Works into a Multi-Modal SPorts Center and Boys and Girls Club). That place will be really awesome once the hotel and shops are built.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 02:05 PM

2 posts, read 8,915 times
Thank you for your response about Lincoln Park. My family has never been to Duluth, but I hoping to secure employment there within the next month. We currently live in Missoula MT where the cost of living is insane!

What neighborhood(s) would anyone recommend for finding an affordable (700-1000/mo) decent rental AND where families are welcome (meaning other families, lower crime rate, etc.)

Thanks!

Old 06-05-2009, 04:51 PM

721 posts, read 2,610,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsimonson View Post
Thank you for your response about Lincoln Park. My family has never been to Duluth, but I hoping to secure employment there within the next month. We currently live in Missoula MT where the cost of living is insane!

What neighborhood(s) would anyone recommend for finding an affordable (700-1000/mo) decent rental AND where families are welcome (meaning other families, lower crime rate, etc.)

Thanks!
This is the right time to look for housing around Duluth. Duluth has three colleges in the city and a Superior, WI has one. Superior is smaller than Duluth and cheaper. You may want to look over there. If you want to live in Duluth, you can find a lot of places to rent for 700-1000 a month.

Here is a helpful link for Duluth rentals Duluth Realty - Edmunds LLP Realty Specializes in Real Estate in The Duluth Area

What kind of work are you hoping to find?

Old 11-11-2009, 01:12 AM

3 posts, read 15,535 times
Seems to me that the two neighborhoods that all the duluthians are telling me to avoid are central hillside and lincoln park. My question is, between the two, which would be considered the more unsafe one?

Old 11-11-2009, 09:02 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,575,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCsufi89 View Post
Seems to me that the two neighborhoods that all the duluthians are telling me to avoid are central hillside and lincoln park. My question is, between the two, which would be considered the more unsafe one?
It really depends where in each neighborhood. Growing up in Central Hillside, I know there are safe areas in the Central Hillside. I can't comment on Lincoln Park. All I know is I wouldn't live there (at least at the bottom of the hill).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Duluth
View detailed profiles of: