Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 10:12 AM

264 posts, read 493,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
Or it could just continue with the Big Power Down or, or, or . . .

But I follow that you are really stuck on the prediction part of this.

Ah, that is it? We see the world not as it is, but as we are?

Nothing bad in that, it is just an understanding and perspective on perspective.

Ok. So you have the declared outcome of the Titanic Sinking. No argument with that either way, and I follow that as the Downside Risk outcome as well.

Let me see if I follow? On the Titanic. Boat has hit the 'berg. First Class has left with the lifeboats. You have been handed, or maybe not, a a Floaty Vest of Unemployment and/or savings that has a 6 month / 6 hour float rating time, and you are seeking the best path forward? Is that about it?

Soooo . . .

I would say: Build Lifeboats.

Don't argue, don't fuss, don't **** and moan.

You just do not have the time, resources, or energy for that, and by the way, Help is NOT on the way, and even if is, it will not get to you in time.

That is it -- Shut up and get to work -- Build Lifeboats.
I suppose your entitled to your troll comments, keep em to yourself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 10:20 AM

106,671 posts, read 108,833,673 times
i remember reading richard youngs book the armadillo strategy back in the 80's...he was another big doom and gloomer.. it was buy gold and treasury bills with 90 % of your money and the other 10% go find the next microsoft......

i dont think i would be retiring today if i followed that one..

ravi batra was another big author of many books predicting the big crash and end of life as we knew it.... he went the way of all the other chicken littles

Old 06-25-2010, 10:29 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
It's always been a nice market for end-of-days type commentators, as there is a certain segment that seems to actually thrive on bathing in and discussing impending doom.

It's like the anti-Dow 100k guy. Was it 100k or 30k? I forget.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:31 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,546,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Blue View Post
I suppose your entitled to your troll comments, keep em to yourself
well, was actually trying to be sincere with you.

But as you wish, you are on your own.

Best to you.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:36 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,546,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post

ravi batra was another big author of many books predicting the big crash and end of life as we knew it.... he went the way of all the other chicken littles
I do recall Ravi. Sharp guy. Had his details down to . . . well, serious details. Called almost every bank that was going to go under and conversely correctly called those that were not.

What Ravi TOTALLY missed was the capacity of the Fed and .gov to absorb (and repackage and sell) DEBT. That was pretty much part of the whole process where they managed to turn the debt (a liability) into money (an asset). An impressive trick in itself. Sort of a Alchemy of Lead to Gold.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,019 times
Selling Ccv2,ATM skimmer , Track 1 & 2(Dumps),MSR, ALL CVV, WU TRANSFER , BANK TRANSFER , PAYPAL , BANK LOGINS.

ATM SKIMMERS
ATM Skimmer Wincor Nixdorf : $3500
ATM Skimmer Wincor: 3500
ATM Skimmer Slimm: $3000
ATM Skimmer Slim : $2500
ATM Skimmer NCR: $3000
ATM Skimmer Diebold Opteva: $2500
ATM Skimmer Diebold:$2500
ATM Skimmer Universal:$3500
ATM Skimmer Small:$2000

MSR MACHINE
MSR505 = MSR2000 :$600
MSR505 = MSR300:$450
MSR505 = TA-48:$400
MSR206 = MSR3000:$300
MSR206 = MSR300:$250

FRESH CVV PRICE
ASIAN :25$
USA:3$
CANADA:10$
BRAZIL:10$
MEXICO :10$
FRANCE :15$
BELGIUM : 15$
NETHERLAND = 20$
UK :15$
SPAIN :15$
ITALY :15$
SWISS :15$
ENGLAND:15$
ISREAL :20$
KUWAIT :20$
PAKISTAN :20$
SWAZILAND:20$
TURKEY:20$
DENMARK = 25$
SWEDEN = 20$
MIDDLE EAST = 15$/1cvv if buy more than 50 cc 13$/1cvv
Uk with bin
Uk with dob
Uk with bin
Us Full
Uk full
Eu full
ALSO SELL : WU TRANSFER @ 15% OF TRANSFER UPFRONT
BANK TRANSFER @ 15% OF TRANSFER UPFRONT
SELL PAYPAL VERIFIED PAYPAL ACCOUNT
BANK LOGINS FROM US & UK
SELL WMZ & LR
DUMP PRICES
Price: dumps with original track1 and track2
*USA:101
MasterCard Standart, Visa Classic - $40
Visa Gold|Platinum|Corporate|Signature|Business ? $40
American Express - $30 ( WITHOUT SID )
Discover - $50
*CANADA:101 201
MasterCard, Visa Classic - $500
Visa Gold|Platinum|Corporate|Signature|Business ? $50
*EU:101 201
MasterCard, Visa Classic - $90
Visa Gold|Platinum|Corporate|Signature|Business ? $130
*Other countries:101 201MasterCard| Visa Classic - $70
Visa Gold|Platinum|Corporate|Signature|Business ? $100
*ASIA/AUSTRALIA/Exotic:101 , 201 , 121 and others
MasterCard| Visa Classic - $50
Visa Gold|Platinum|Corporate|Signature|Business ? $70

* Read and Understand my Rules before you contact me:
1. I Don't sell bad ,invalid or dead stuffs.
2 .I Don't Give Test. u can buy for test
3 .I Don't talk much when am in business chatting with Buyers and other costumers.
4 .Don't add me,contact me or call me when u are not ready alsi notice not to ask for test i dont give test .
5.I Don't deal on % (Percentage)50/50
6.I Don't need those who come and wiast of time.
7 .I Accept payment via Liberty Reserve(LR),WU but i only accept WU>50
8.if who dont like my rule , plz dont contact me

U can contact me throght id : ( Y.M : camerservices )
my email: camerservices@yahoo.fr .

Old 06-25-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
It's always been a nice market for end-of-days type commentators, as there is a certain segment that seems to actually thrive on bathing in and discussing impending doom.

It's like the anti-Dow 100k guy. Was it 100k or 30k? I forget.
i have always kind of been an i dont know whats next kind of guy...im just not smart enough to predict...

up until i was in my 50's i was a pretty aggressive investor... but part of my portfolio has always been in that harry brown permanent portfolio just as insurance.

anyone who has been investing for long periods of time knows its never what we all think will happen that pans out.

there is always stuff not even on the radar the alters the course of our best laid plans.

even the same events play out differently...

anyone remember first iraq war? ..we tanked 10% in days on the attack........
second iraq war we soared on the attack.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:29 PM

I'm getting reports now there saying NOT to buy gold?

I can predict gold and silver will NEVER be at zero like paper

Old 06-25-2010, 01:33 PM

like they know!

they are the same folks who said sell long term treasury bonds when rates started rising right before the drop in 2008.....

long term treasuries were the star of the year rising over 30%... not one of "'they " ever saw that recommendation...

the sooner everyone realizes there is no "they" the better an investor they will be.

they are the same folks who also missed golds 400% run up this decade..

people are looking for this group with the crystal ball like its the holy grail....

sorry folks ,no such thing......

learn your basics of investing, stop listening to all the noise and talking heads and cover all the bases with your investments protecting against those 4 economic outcomes we can have

recession
deflation
inflation
prosperity.

gold, LT treasuries, equities and cash are all you need, 25% in each ... then forget all this fortune telling and enjoy your life. look at your portfolio once a year and rebalance......

that simple boring mix returned over 9% a year over the last 30 years and had 3 down years in the last 40.

bet you never hear the talking heads talk about that.

Last edited by mathjak107; 06-25-2010 at 01:44 PM..

Old 06-25-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
like they know!

they are the same folks who said sell long term treasury bonds when rates started rising right before the drop in 2008.....

long term treasuries were the star of the year rising over 30%... not one of "'they " ever saw that recommendation...

the sooner everyone realizes there is no "they" the better an investor they will be.

they are the same folks who also missed golds 400% run up this decade..

people are looking for this group with the crystal ball like its the holy grail....

sorry folks ,no such thing......

learn your basics of investing, stop listening to all the noise and talking heads and cover all the bases with your investments protecting against those 4 economic outcomes we can have

recession
deflation
inflation
prosperity.

gold, LT treasuries, equities and cash are all you need, 25% in each ... then forget all this fortune telling and enjoy your life. look at your portfolio once a year and rebalance......

that simple boring mix returned over 9% a year over the last 30 years and had 3 down years in the last 40.

bet you never hear the talking heads talk about that.
Excellent stuff, now I don't have to buy any books just understand more about LT treasuries, equities.
Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics