Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 10:45 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,676,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Global Research is not a reputable source of information.

You might want to follow the trail to see who's bank-rolling them (I would tell you but that would take away all the fun).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
Does not mean the information being presented is not the truth?

Any real disputes with the message? Or just the messenger?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
If you cannot attack the message, attack the messenger. (Dirty Politics 101)
To all who delight in spoiling a thread go find another sandbox since adults are talking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 12:58 PM

51 posts, read 186,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
...Laws of physics say even momentum runs out at a stated rate of decline.
Newton's first law of motion states the contrary.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:05 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,195,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
To all who delight in spoiling a thread go find another sandbox since adults are talking.
I don't get this.... you are constantly starting threads by simply regurgitating a link to one of the sites you like, without offering any opinion of your own, then jump all over anyone who deviates from your notion of a perfect thread course when you aren't even participating in it.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:24 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,158,416 times
Quote:
Does not mean the information being presented is not the truth?
When have they been right? Never. You'd be better off quoting LEAP/2000 or GlobalSecurity.com. At least they're only off by 97%.

Quote:
Any real disputes with the message?
Aside from the fact that their logic and reasoning is wrong, the fact that this is the same recycled nonsense the printed 6 months ago, and 6 months before that, and 6 months before that, etc etc.

The "too big to fail global banks" have been failing since 911 (according to them).

Quote:
Or just the messenger?
None of their "analysts" are analysts of anything.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:55 PM

5,477 posts, read 6,298,764 times
Quote:
Since when is discussing the facts and debating the merits of your article "spoiling" the thread? Isn't that what "LET'S DISCUSS" means? Sorry there, comrade.

Quote:
I don't get this.... you are constantly starting threads by simply regurgitating a link to one of the sites you like, without offering any opinion of your own, then jump all over anyone who deviates from your notion of a perfect thread course when you aren't even participating in it.
Well said Slackjaw. The doom and gloom crowd doesn't like people who counter their "facts". It blows big holes in all the crackpot conspiracy theories and makes them nervous. I just read some of these posts for comic relief.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
So what if I start a few links? As to my comment I add one when I think it's appropriate and won't sway the discussion. I particpate as I see fit like any other adult when I have something to add or question.

Also I believe it's way more than rude ,as well as a waste of sever time, to go off topic since we are all guest here. So I try to stay on topic or I keep my mouth shut. A good example for all ,including you, to follow.

Any more questions?? If not please get back on topic. Thank you.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:38 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,158,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
So what if I start a few links?
There's a difference between starting "a few links" and spamming the board.

If you want to peddle Global Regurgitation nonsense, perhaps you should get your own web-site.

Chang has been predicting a big global crash every month for a very long time and so far he's 0-51 on his predictions. The only thing he's interesting in is selling his "books."

In the first place, anyone with a degree in economics (like me) knows the "Great Stock Market Crash of 1929" was a non-event.

No stock market crash has ever caused a recession or depression and it never could. You might want to check your facts a little more carefully.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
Quote:

If you want to peddle Global Regurgitation nonsense, perhaps you should get your own web-site.

Chang has been predicting a big global crash every month for a very long time and so far he's 0-51 on his predictions. The only thing he's interesting in is selling his "books."

In the first place, anyone with a degree in economics (like me) knows the "Great Stock Market Crash of 1929" was a non-event.

No stock market crash has ever caused a recession or depression and it never could. You might want to check your facts a little more carefully.
So unless we all have degrees in economics and don't read websites you question then we shouldn't post here ?

I, for one, enjoy the variety of posts and links and can judge sites on my own thank you.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:

Oh crap! Here we go.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So unless we all have degrees in economics and don't read websites you question then we shouldn't post here ?

I, for one, enjoy the variety of posts and links and can judge sites on my own thank you.
Ya, old people are stupid don'tcha know?

Old 09-11-2010, 07:42 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
Just some other articles reflecting the slowdown.
Calls for a QE #2 and Stimulus #2 most likely won't work either.

AFP: IMF warns of debt menace as recovery slows
"Downside risks to the recovery have intensified. The combination of sovereign risk and a still weak financial sector in many advanced economies poses significant risks to the recovery," the IMF said.

FOXBusiness.com - Roubini: 40 pct chance of US double-dip recession
"There is still a 40 percent chance of a double-dip recession in the United States, and the slide back into recession could come within 12 months, U.S.economist Nouriel Roubini said Wednesday."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics