Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 03:12 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,673,069 times

Advertisements

"What is to stop U.S. banks and their customers from creating $1 trillion, $10 trillion or even $50 trillion on their computer keyboards to buy up all the bonds and stocks in the world, along with all the land and other assets for sale in the hope of making capital gains and pocketing the arbitrage spreads by debt leveraging at less than 1 per cent interest cost? This is the game that is being played today."

Why the U.S. Has Launched a New Financial World War -- and How the Rest of the World Will Fight Back | News & Politics | AlterNet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 10:59 AM

Hmmmmm..........I think that really deep thinking about the nature of money beyond spending it is to much for most folks to wrap their brain around.

A war with money is , for most, so abstract that they get a headache if they even try to comprehend it.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:10 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Hmmmmm..........I think that really deep thinking about the nature of money beyond spending it is to much for most folks to wrap their brain around.

A war with money is , for most, so abstract that they get a headache if they even try to comprehend it.
Google how exchange rates work and get back to us on that with some more of your deep thinking oh brain wrapping guru.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:47 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,192,775 times
Heh it looks like he did the usual doom blog link regurgitation out, but when nobody was biting and the thread started sliding down with no replies he was forced to post to his own thread the next day as a form of quasi-digital-CPR.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Google how exchange rates work and get back to us on that with some more of your deep thinking oh brain wrapping guru.

The only way to deal with a snark such as you is to silence your voice. You're now on ignore.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:55 AM

LOL. This *snark* understood that if you print tons and tons and tons of extra currency the rest of the world isn't going to be dumb enough to hand over all thier land, stocks etc. for worthlessly devalued currency.

The bloggers premise smacks of a concept launched after several bong hits fortified by the wisdom gained from attending 2 economics class at JUCO and sleeping through both of them.

Ignore or not ignore doesn't bother me at all since if I seeing an idiotic topic or a wise one I will share my comments.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:39 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
The OP has posted a link to a serious article in a legitimate source, that posits a plausible scenario, for discussion in an appropriate forum.

I don't see where there is a problem with that, and those who don't want to read the very long article and offer a critical reply can just move on, instead of producing ad hominem remarks about the OP.

OK, so he starts a lot of threads. But many have more than 30 replies (which is quite a lot for this forum) and some more than 100.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
The OP has posted a link to a serious article in a legitimate source, that posits a plausible scenario, for discussion in an appropriate forum.

I don't see where there is a problem with that, and those who don't want to read the very long article and offer a critical reply can just move on, instead of producing ad hominem remarks about the OP.

OK, so he starts a lot of threads. But many have more than 30 replies (which is quite a lot for this forum) and some more than 100.
Care to address how this violates any possible understanding of how exchange rates and currency devaluation or are you just here to make critical remarks when we respond in kind to an a statement that is utter garbage?

The article is neither serious nor legitimate nor plausible. I did follow up with a critical reply....which you ignored because let's face it...I'm right and you know it. This makes your comments ad hominem so why didn't you just move on?

Old 10-15-2010, 09:43 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,515,159 times
Incredible how some here think they are always right. Probably never occurred to them that the more information received, from various sources, considered legitimate or not, the more evaluation that occurs and better decisions are the conclusion.

Sometimes you just want to let people have it, especially if they are know-it-alls or really annoying. But, letting out your real thoughts at any given time can lead to conflict and trouble.
It may not be worth your energy.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:05 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Heh it looks like he did the usual doom blog link regurgitation out, but when nobody was biting and the thread started sliding down with no replies he was forced to post to his own thread the next day as a form of quasi-digital-CPR.
That's funny. I was going to rep you for that but I can't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics