U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 12:45 PM

8,955 posts, read 18,764,188 times

Advertisements

Will the mortgage crisis be the landslide many think it will be?????

"The foreclosure fraud crisis seems to escalate with each passing now. It is being reported that all 50 U.S. states have launched a joint investigation into alleged fraud in the mortgage industry. This is a huge story that is not going to go away any time soon"

"There is soon going to be a colossal legal scramble to figure out who actually owns millions of U.S. mortgages."

Foreclosure Fraud: 6 Things You Need To Know About The Crisis That Could Potentially Rip The U.S. Economy To Shreds
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 12:53 PM

48,508 posts, read 88,644,248 times
Watched a PBS program on it last nite. Not as mnay involved as most report and i the end the paperwrok will just be redone. the vast majpority wehere just a simple error really in not being notroized when signed.Lookig at that site they thnik the world is coming to a end.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:02 PM

59,293 posts, read 46,352,704 times
A link to the economic collapse blog?

1) I'm not surprised.
2) It's biased and functionally retarded.
3) Buy my book now.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:34 PM

2,168 posts, read 2,613,057 times
I admit that I have not really looked into this in detail, since my mortage is 100% paid and current each month, the impression I seem to get is that all of this revolves around minor legal technicalities. In other words, how many of these foreclosures weren't warranted in the first place? I haven't heard any stories about people who were current on their mortages (and prop taxes) and still getting served.

If THAT were the case, then yes. Stand by for a political shidt storm of Biblical proportions. If all we're dealing with are people who are grasping at straws to delay what is still the inevitable outcome, then who freaking cares?

Old 10-14-2010, 02:32 PM

16,042 posts, read 20,084,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Watched a PBS program on it last nite. Not as mnay involved as most report and i the end the paperwrok will just be redone. the vast majpority wehere just a simple error really in not being notroized when signed.Lookig at that site they thnik the world is coming to a end.
I think it's more like not being READ before signing.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:34 PM

16,042 posts, read 20,084,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
I admit that I have not really looked into this in detail, since my mortage is 100% paid and current each month, the impression I seem to get is that all of this revolves around minor legal technicalities. In other words, how many of these foreclosures weren't warranted in the first place? I haven't heard any stories about people who were current on their mortages (and prop taxes) and still getting served.

If THAT were the case, then yes. Stand by for a political shidt storm of Biblical proportions. If all we're dealing with are people who are grasping at straws to delay what is still the inevitable outcome, then who freaking cares?
Mortgages get traded so many times they can't find the actual current lender. How about the titles?

Old 10-14-2010, 03:17 PM

6,797 posts, read 6,641,250 times
This has the potential to be a huge financial problem. The problem is that when many of these mortgages were converted to CDO's they supposedly broke the chain of title. Without getting into a lot of legal speak, the bottom line is when the chain of title is broken the mortgage is no longer owed.
This is why banks were hiring legal firms to forge documents to establish chains of title that did not exist. This potentially means millions of people were illegally evicted, and that millions of homes purchased after foreclosure may not be legally owned by the purchaser.
The title companies are now unwilling to insure titles because they are unsure if the documents were forged. Talk about a mess.
No wonder the market is beginning to tank, and commodities are spiking. 45 States attorney Generals are beginning investigations, and the major banks have suspended all foreclosures.
I think I will short financials tomorrow; at least until the criminals in Washington can come up with a politically acceptable way to give the banks amnesty is this whole fiasco. I would sure hate to have purchased an REO in the past year.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:31 PM

8,955 posts, read 18,764,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
A link to the economic collapse blog?

1) I'm not surprised.
2) It's biased and functionally retarded.
3) Buy my book now.
If you can't attack the topic attack the source.

Really, really fricking lame, dude.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:39 PM

2,592 posts, read 4,870,257 times
Eventually the people that were supposed to be foreclosed upon will be foreclosed upon. That will just add to the tidalwave of foreclosures coming due. September already had the most foreclosures of any month ever...102,000.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:31 AM

59,293 posts, read 46,352,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
If you can't attack the topic attack the source.

Really, really fricking lame, dude.
Well, it's like linking to a blog from skinheads.org about racial superiority....some people might think there would be a bias.

I think it's entirely valid to question thier motives and point out that the source of the "article" was far from reliable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics