U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 03:21 AM

242 posts, read 686,890 times

Advertisements

How to Survive the Great Depression of 2011-2012 - Discuss preparations for a possible coming economic depressi...

the thread for this article was closed back in nov 2010, caused some angst I guess. It predicted crazy ideas that offended people...like a stock market crash by mid year 2011...how insane is that...?

The article was written in Nov 2010. Maybe the thread can get a second chance now?

The article explains some ways to protect yourself in foreclosure situations, even if the bank gets the wrong house.

It also said the current market was a boom. To get out then, you could wait to mid year, but should be out by then at the latest.

Now that the market is in turmoil and the predicted boom in commodities is happening (gotta read the article)...I was hoping to get opinions and reaction from all sides...

thanks.

Quote:
Get out now. Just get out. Cash is king. There is a boom coming, little doubt in that. Do you really want to risk your entire financial future and your retirement on this economy. Really? You are a fool if you do. Waiting til early to mid 2011 might be okay, but why chance it?.
Quote:
There is nothing in the economy or any kind of financial structure that supports the boom we see now and the one coming. Manipulation works hand in hand with speculation. Get out now. Miss this boom. Take your money and run. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
Quote:
Hope you get this information before it is too late
Quote:
Big boom in commodities and stocks over the next 8 months
Quote:
Unions blamed for everything. Really
Quote:
There is no way the booms in India, China, and Australia will last to 2012. These crashes will rebound across the world as the US bust did in 2008.
Currently Australia is experiencing their bust, china is trying to fight it with entire newly built cities completely empty.

Quote:
The Republican President of 2012

Won't be Sarah Palin, sorry. Political strategy is pretty obvious here. Dems in control of Senate, Republicans in control of the House. However, a very important amount of the Republicans in congress are the celebrated Tea Party Republicans. This is perfect for 'moderate conservatives' who can blame the crash on both the Dems and the 'radical/extremists' of the Tea Party and their supporters.

Many call Obama Hoover. I do not. But Bush is Coolidge. Calvin Coolidge was out of office a year and then the economy collapsed. It was his presidency that brought the boom. With Roosevelt in office everyone longed for old Coolidge, when we 'were in the money.' Bush will be remembered during the 2012 elections, if there is a crash, as a time when their were jobs, proud patriots, soaring home prices, and 'times were just good'.

This strategy demands a crash in early to mid 2012 to precede the Republican primaries and ensure a 'moderate conservative' to come 'save the country.'
Quote:
Although some numbers may sound good I believe they are harbingers of a big problem in our economy here in America. Problems that may end up hitting us with the backside of a financial hurricane many thought had passed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 10:11 AM

48,508 posts, read 88,714,733 times
Well if the Tea Party has been here sooner we would have spent so much in the lst three years. Also remmeber that the democrats contolled funding since Bush's seconf term mid-term elections.One only has to see that they could even pass a budget which is a big indictor of failure of leadership. We are now at 100% of GDP i deficit spending and geece was at 130% when they started their failure as a economy.But the flaesig of our wealth start in the 60's when we decided to invest welath by governamnt in programs that were purely consuming and returned no wealth.Free stuff is never free;its paid for but never returns anything.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:10 PM

8,265 posts, read 11,223,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguywho View Post
the thread for this article was closed back in nov 2010, caused some angst I guess. It predicted crazy ideas that offended people...like a stock market crash by mid year 2011...how insane is that...?
Pretty insane, since nowhere in the article does it predict a stock market crash by mid year 2011.

It says, and I quote "Crash of commodities and stocks by mid 2012."

What is DIJA year to date, about 11,600 to current 11kish? Is that a crash? Market is volatile right now with big swings up and down, who knows where the needle will settle.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:20 PM

16,355 posts, read 18,327,423 times
Quote:
(for perspective, the numbers early am, Nov. 11th 2010 when I wrote this.)
Gold was around 1,407
DOW 11,357
Oil around 88.50
Gold 1758
DOW 11,143
Oil 85.69

I'd probably be nervous if I were holding a large amount of my money in gold right now.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:37 AM

42,661 posts, read 78,643,064 times
Everything that happens (and a million things that don't happen) has been predicted by somebody, and if you have the time and patience, you can find the article that predicted it.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:40 AM

12,545 posts, read 19,533,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Everything that happens (and a million things that don't happen) has been predicted by somebody, and if you have the time and patience, you can find the article that predicted it.
exactly.

and things haven't even played out long enough for this to be called a crash or not. there is turmoil in the markets causing a lot of volitility, but US Treasuries are still cheap. If oil drops and gas prices decline, people are completely ignoring that consumers will have slightly more money to spend elsewhere or pay down more debt. the rising oil prices helped derail our growth late in the spring, so let's hope that declining prices can give us some temporary relief. as fall/winter comes, people drive less anyways so the gas prices don't effect us as much.

companies are still sitting on plenty of cash too.

Old 08-12-2011, 02:06 PM

2,515 posts, read 1,825,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Gold 1758
DOW 11,143
Oil 85.69

I'd probably be nervous if I were holding a large amount of my money in gold right now.
Gold is headed to $12k if two long term patterns hold. One the fed is doing what it can to support Dow 12,000 and one oz of gold should be able to buy the Dow. That is the next bottom of the gold vs. Dow graph.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:02 PM

42,661 posts, read 78,643,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
Gold is headed to $12k if two long term patterns hold. One the fed is doing what it can to support Dow 12,000 and one oz of gold should be able to buy the Dow. That is the next bottom of the gold vs. Dow graph.
I don't know of any historic precedent or inclination to suggest that the dow and the gold price be in concert. Do you?

An "ounce" is a purely arbitrary invention of men, and has no natural relationship to the group of equities that comprise the Dow average, which is also a purely arbitrary invention of completely different men. An ounce of gold is 31 grams. There is nothing magical about "31" as a number of grams that would be associated with the Dow average. Why would the price of gold be "tied" somehow to the Dow, but not to the Nikkei, or the TSX, or the CAC-40, of the FTSE, or the DAK? Do you think God created "Gold" and "USA" to work in some amazing numerological tandem?

Last edited by jtur88; 08-12-2011 at 11:10 PM..

Old 08-13-2011, 12:57 AM

165 posts, read 271,022 times
Are this guys past predictions really that spot on? His predictions of the housing price crash, 2008 financial crash, etc. like he claims on that link? It seems like he's making predictions based on logical waves of patterns... could be something of merit. But he keeps referring to himself as the crazy guy that no one believes until it becomes true... which is always a red flag... because if he's a conspiracy nut... then it's all out the window. however if it's based on waves and patterns I'm liable to buy some of his predictions.

My whole thing is people are not smart enough to pull off conspiracies, well... maybe "not smart enough" but inherently selfish in their ways to possibly pull off something so grand in scheme. My thing is conspiracies are modes of comfort for those "dealt a bad hand." Because it's more comforting to give reason to something that is in all actuality the result of chaos and what settles after.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:04 PM

2,515 posts, read 1,825,117 times
http://blogs.reuters.com/rolfe-winkl...ow-vs-gold.jpg

Quote:
I don't know of any historic precedent or inclination to suggest that the dow and the gold price be in concert. Do you?
The price of gold was fixed now it floats. If you look at the dow priced in gold you tend to get a measure of concretion for inflation.
Quote:

An "ounce" is a purely arbitrary invention of men, and has no natural relationship to the group of equities that comprise the Dow average,
The dollar is equally an invention of man what you get when you track things in gold is a somewhat useful correction for inflation.
Quote:
which is also a purely arbitrary invention of completely different men. An ounce of gold is 31 grams. There is nothing magical about "31" as a number of grams that would be associated with the Dow average. Why would the price of gold be "tied" somehow to the Dow, but not to the Nikkei, or the TSX, or the CAC-40, of the FTSE, or the DAK? Do you think God created "Gold" and "USA" to work in some amazing numerological tandem?
No there is nothing magical about gold the Dow or the US of A but it is a convenient way to account for the effects of inflation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics