Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 07:25 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,544,169 times

Advertisements

Infrastructure bank could be part of jobs package - Yahoo! News

========================

omigod. A BANK?

A Bank is to be "the cure" to what Bankers have brought upon US?

Between the Clueless Dems and the Tea Potty Morons and Neo-Con Repubs -- we are caught between Dumb and Dumber and at any given moment it is hard to tell which is which.

A Bank. S T U P I D est People. Ever.

At this point we are making the Soviets look pretty smart.

[ok, for the content and posting perfectionist folks, is that enough stating my views of the matter? Just want to stay compliant with the expectations of every little nancy on here, yunno.]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 07:40 AM

21,120 posts, read 19,703,590 times
I thought today was September 1st, but it must be April 1st because this is the biggest hoax ever.

Yeah Phillp T, you did an exemplary job of offending as many as possible with your opening remarks. Not sure why you criticized the Right in this case. They are sure to be against this idea (and the only Repub in the article even said so).

Old 09-01-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Not sure why you criticized the Right in this case. They are sure to be against this idea (and the only Repub in the article even said so).
hahahaha. You have a Good Heart.

Have not been to the circus and/or zoo enough times (quite yet?) to figure out there are not really a Donkey AND an Elephant there? D v R is as fake as Big Time Wrestling -- or whatever they call that now.

In this case, they are BOTH the same animal.

The two-head animal just talks to different visitors at the zoo. Each set of visitors walk away thinking they have heard Their Truth from the Donkey's or Elephant's mouth, and away they go chanting like idiots like our esteemed Captain from New Jersey.

Step back and take a longer look. Whenever there is something that the Corporate Sponsors sort of know is wrong and that the normal, sane folks of the US might object to, they send out little stories like this, build up a little bit of Left/Right drama, and work towards what they really want.

All a farce. The same Corporations sponsor, buy, and pay for the same food for both ends of that wonder-two-headed animal. Which is now TOTALLY unlimited by Supreme Court Decree.

Look back at how NAFTA, various other Free Trade, even TARP went down. Left, Right hoopla, hurrah -- and the Corporate Interests quietly walk right down the open middle.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:37 PM

21,120 posts, read 19,703,590 times
I agree to some extant, but overall disagree. Yes, there is corruption and cronyism on both sides, but I think we need to choose the lesser of two evils. I think that a big or bigger government is not the solution to our problems and that the Right is generally less in favor of a bigger government, so I'll side with them. And I realize that many Republicans make claims to be for smaller government when they are campaigning and then contribute to the expansion of government when they are in office. But I do think that some Republicans, especially the TEA Party wing, are a bit more genuine and accountable.

What other choices do we have?

Old 09-01-2011, 04:39 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I really think obama isn't goig to get mucvh money again on terms of the stimulsu to control. I thnik he knows this and want to be able to blame congress when his package doesn't pass i the elction. I tried but congress failed to act he will say. Its the poitcs of rehoric which many always fall for.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:45 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,674,563 times
Here again we have an opportunity to see the potential for "greatest nation on earth" to do a number on the good folks who really make this country great. Obama can't get free from those who pay his way, same for all the pols for that matter, this is just more of the same old crap from the two parties that brought us the current financial debacle, and we now know it was the brainchild of our esteemed banksters on Wall Street. Yeah, more banking schemes........Who rules America now?

Old 09-02-2011, 09:02 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
I am against the idea because Obama is talking about a infrastructure bank at the federal level and we all know those idiots will screw it up. But Rep Mica {R} made a good point about increasing help for the already existing state infrastructure banks. From what I dug up this was a pilot program for 10 states that started in 95, and I am not sure how many states have such a bank.
But take for example my state Ohio :
Quote:
Entitled the Ohio State Infrastructure Bank (SIB), this program was capitalized with a $40 million authorization of state general revenue funds (GRF) from the Ohio State Legislature, $10 million in state motor fuel tax funds, and $87 million in Federal Title XXIII Highway Funds. Any highway or transit project eligible under Title XXIII, as well as aviation, rail and other inter modal transportation facilities, is eligible for direct loan funding under the SIB.

ODOT's objective is to maximize the use of Federal and State funds in order to make direct loans to eligible projects. Repayments from these loans will be made to ODOT and then re-loaned to subsequent projects, hence creating a SIB revolving loan program. The SIB revolving loan program will enhance the number of transportation projects that can be completed within the State that otherwise would not have been considered.
What I like is the money is not controlled or earmarked by the federal gvt and the state decides for themselves their infrastructure needs. And the money just keeps circulating in the state from one project to the next. This idea is working on the state level where it should stay but bad idea for the federal level.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I really think obama isn't goig to get mucvh money again on terms of the stimulsu to control. I thnik he knows this and want to be able to blame congress when his package doesn't pass i the elction. I tried but congress failed to act he will say. Its the poitcs of rehoric which many always fall for.
You do not get that Behind The Scenes, both sides want this?

It is like Student Loans, guaranteed housing loans, Department of Energy backed loans, Ag loans that are .gov backed, SBA backed loans . . . .

Loans, loans, loans, debt, debt, debt.

By only "promising" to back the loan, it becomes little to no present expense, as the Banker behind the scene creates and issues the debt.

Who truly backs that? Wall Street, Chamber of Commerce types, and Bankers. Now who is that? Corporate Republicans.

Who else thinks they want it? Folks with "concern" jobs, employment and the pretense of little people interests. Both sides play that pretense.

Both sides have already hit the acceptable level of deficit spending. Now the goal is to go deeper. This is structured for if (or when) it fails, it rolls straight into debt, rather than touching the budget. Same way Bush ran the endless wars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics