Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 09:10 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,352 times

Advertisements

Americans start to wake up and hold Banksters accountable.

This is just the rumblings of a revolution that will peak in 2012.

About time America.

Live Coverage: Occupy Wall Street

Old 09-19-2011, 10:40 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,921 times
Most of the time these protests are filld with disenfranchized young people with nothing more than time on their hands. Yeah it's great to see people out their protesting......but it's going to take a lot more than 18-25 year old college kids to make WallStreet stand up and take notice. Where are the women? How come your middle class upper middle class woman aged 35-55 are never involved in these protests? My point is...........the silent majority needs to wake up. It's not the people that are actually out their protesting who are going to make a different........it's ALL THE OTHER SHEEP still drinking the kool aid who don't care or don't want to take the time to inform themselves about what's going on who need to rise up and protest. All these soccer moms, whose husbands work on WallStreet and are part of the system............how you gonna change their minds? These are the people that are going to swing things. The suburbanites who don't have time to protest, and make signs...........the only thing they have time to do is go to work like a beat down old dog, pay their taxes, and watch sports.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:42 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
I definitely believe in Wall Street accountability. I just don't get what these protests are designed to accomplish in this instance.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Most of the time these protests are filld with disenfranchized young people with nothing more than time on their hands. Yeah it's great to see people out their protesting......but it's going to take a lot more than 18-25 year old college kids to make WallStreet stand up and take notice. Where are the women? How come your middle class upper middle class woman aged 35-55 are never involved in these protests? My point is...........the silent majority needs to wake up. It's not the people that are actually out their protesting who are going to make a different........it's ALL THE OTHER SHEEP still drinking the kool aid who don't care or don't want to take the time to inform themselves about what's going on who need to rise up and protest. All these soccer moms, whose husbands work on WallStreet and are part of the system............how you gonna change their minds? These are the people that are going to swing things. The suburbanites who don't have time to protest, and make signs...........the only thing they have time to do is go to work like a beat down old dog, pay their taxes, and watch sports.
Did you watch the video's... not a whole lot of young folks... mostly unemployed and middle class looking to me.

They did interview a 9 yr. old in one of them.

Next summer will be one of massive protest. Nothing like a failing Christmas season to **** off the masses.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
I definitely believe in Wall Street accountability. I just don't get what these protests are designed to accomplish in this instance.
How else will the insulated greed mongers know what they have done to our system?

Not that they care, but i think they will be beefing up security.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:45 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
They did interview a 9 yr. old in one of them.
I'm sure he's upset aboit the loss of his cushy union job and benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
How else will the insulated greed mongers know what they have done to our system?
Um, man-up and stop patronizing them. Coffee is coffee and it costs a helluva lot less at just about any coffee bar except The Big Starsux Corporation.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:52 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,053,112 times
2,000 protesters? More like 200. Out of a claimed 20,000 that were to show up.

Even then a 10% turnout, with 90% of people claiming they would be there sitting at home...that's a horrible turn out. A 1% turn out is truly pathetic.

What's a massive protest then, 400 people? More people show up to high school football games.

If a revolution doesn't happen in 2012, will you stop talking or just keep making new predictions like bchris02?

Old 09-20-2011, 07:16 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,203,236 times
Wall street is the glue that holds our economy together. How many of those protesters used products by corporations that only exist because of the financial markets? How many of them have private loans/mortgages? How many of them have 401k's?

We rely on wall street for our daily lives and luxuries and when the 1% who are dishonest are showcased in the news, we revolt.

Talk about ignorance...

Old 09-20-2011, 07:26 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,196,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
2,000 protesters? More like 200.
200? I'm pretty sure the anti-violent-sports retards managed more than that for their protest outside of a recent UFC event.

Nothing like the awe-inspiring power of the people bringing down the establishment...

Old 09-20-2011, 10:55 AM

12,460 posts, read 20,083,618 times
Americans are too busy eating potato chips watching "The real housewives of X" or mindless UFC events to actually care. That is unfortunate since the masses are the last check and balance in the system, if they are apathetic than the system will develop the same sorts of abuses you'd find in dictatorships....but then change will only occur with a lot of blood...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics