U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 02:18 PM

14,256 posts, read 16,203,958 times

Advertisements

Just goes to show that politicians are largely impotent in the face of a global economic crisis. They (not Obama) stoked the fires of an economic bubble in cheap credit and unaffordable housing and, now that brown stuff has hit the fan, they don't know how to fix it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 02:21 PM

10,422 posts, read 9,429,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
If you would pull you head out of the sand, or whatever dark place you keep it, look around, discover obama is destroying the country.
The good news is, his scandals and corrupt praqctices are coming to light more every day, and the black and white crook may soon be wearing black and white stripes...! Now that's Hope and Change you can believe in..!!
WTF!!! or win the future.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:23 PM

7,474 posts, read 21,179,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
As evidenced by........??

"black and white crook" eh

Stormfront must be down again
Sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you in front of your little friends...

Old 09-22-2011, 02:33 PM

3,894 posts, read 4,851,520 times
yes its not a Republican only or a Democrat only thing. As i have said the Political throwing bombs at each other is screwing EVERYONE. It needs to stop tonight Our Economy should be our #1 priority not socializing healthcare. Not raising taxes on the rich (which they already pay more than the middle class and 50% of working Americans don't pay taxes). Washington D.C is failing us (again)

Also K247 can i move to Mars with you? Probably better off than here on Earth.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:49 PM

16,516 posts, read 21,964,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you in front of your little friends...
Still not one bit of evidence, just a few racial slurs.
C'mon, Breitbart says you guys have the guns and you outnumber us
Bring it on

Old 09-22-2011, 04:12 PM

16,042 posts, read 20,047,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
And what do you expect to happen when it does? Nothing ever happened to Bush. Or Clinton. Or Bush Sr. Or...
...dear Reagan.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:34 PM

22,798 posts, read 15,930,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
Statute of limitations on blaming Bush has ran out.
That's funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Our Economy should be our #1 priority not socializing healthcare.
Whether your economy is Priority #1 or Priority #10,000 it makes no difference. There's nothing you can do. This is the way it was always supposed to be. Well, you're not quite there yet, but you're moving in that direction.

You all need to learn how to accept things as they are. I know that's difficult, but remaining in denial is not helping. You cannot compete globally, not when your wages are 125x to 300x greater than wages in the rest of the world. You're going to have to wait about 50-60 years until your wages decline to a point that meets their rising wages so that there's only maybe 3x to 20x difference in wages.

In the meantime, you can focus on domestic-based industries. Teaching and highway construction/repair are not where it's at, in spite of what Obama and his supporters might think.

You don't have a lot of domestic-based options, but one is freight rail. That would employ about 3.5 Million to 4 Million people after 8-10 years, which is a lot better than none of them being employed 8-10 years from now.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:06 PM

1,196 posts, read 3,639,876 times
So who is capable of steering this sled?

Old 09-23-2011, 08:56 AM

16,234 posts, read 18,187,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
Aside from this thread appearing to mostly political -- not business . . . .

It seems Soros (the link you provided, if you bothered to read it) is largely correct -- and he is NOT saying it is an Obama thing.

Political Retards. We got 'em.
OP is about the clearest example I've ever seen of certain people seeing whatever the hell they want to see regardless of what it is there.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:03 AM

16,234 posts, read 18,187,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
Aside from this thread appearing to mostly political -- not business . . . .

It seems Soros (the link you provided, if you bothered to read it) is largely correct -- and he is NOT saying it is an Obama thing.

Political Retards. We got 'em.
OP is about the clearest example I've ever seen of certain people seeing whatever the hell they want to see regardless of what it is there.

Oh well. I'm just continually confused by so-called conservatives on jobs, jobs, jobs rants. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that politicians on both sides have no principles and the spines of a wet noodle, but it does when core tenants of limited government are thrown out with the slightest breeze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics