Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 12:33 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,193,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In the 80's i did some work at Edwards Airforce base, and stood a 100' from the B-2 Stealth bomber. It is an out of this world design. Here is some of it's capabilities.
I'm quite familiar with it's capabilities, I've worked in industry related to their use. But what a B-2 has nothing to do with this unless you are also claiming the US will attack Iran, as Israel has no long range heavy bombers. I'm not doubting the US could hit Iran, I'm dismissing the usefulness of Jericho with conventional payload vs. Iran and am pretty skeptical of any assertion that Israel will do a nuclear strike.

Quote:
Here is some info on modern use of Nukes in the Middle east.

PressTV - 'US used nukes on Iraq, Afghanistan'
No, that would be some silly propaganda from Iran with their evidence consisting of some guy named Peter Eyre saying so.

Press TV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Press TV is a 24-hour English language global news network owned by the Iranian government

Peter Eyre, their Middle East Consultant who is source of the evidence from your link is just an activist who has no expertise in nuclear detonations, he is also the author of such fine works "The Satanic New World Order" and "Zionist trail in Norway terror attacks"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 09:57 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,984,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I'm quite familiar with it's capabilities, I've worked in industry related to their use. But what a B-2 has nothing to do with this unless you are also claiming the US will attack Iran, as Israel has no long range heavy bombers. I'm not doubting the US could hit Iran, I'm dismissing the usefulness of Jericho with conventional payload vs. Iran and am pretty skeptical of any assertion that Israel will do a nuclear strike.
It's pretty likely the US will be involved.

Quote:
No, that would be some silly propaganda from Iran with their evidence consisting of some guy named Peter Eyre saying so.
It could be propaganda, but it caused a pretty decent earth tremor, which set off an earthquake.

Quote:
Press TV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Press TV is a 24-hour English language global news network owned by the Iranian government

Peter Eyre, their Middle East Consultant who is source of the evidence from your link is just an activist who has no expertise in nuclear detonations, he is also the author of such fine works "The Satanic New World Order" and "Zionist trail in Norway terror attacks"
Threat by the US/Israel/UK on Iran « Eyre International – Bringing You The News No One Else Wants To Bring You
PETER EYRE'S PLACE
UNITED KINGDOM
My life took a dramatic turn when I started to see things from a different perspective whilst helping those in poverty in rural India and in the making of a documentary film. I have carried out years of research covering wars in the Middle East, high technology (civil/military), weapons used – terrorism-human rights and poverty. I am an independent activist & use my broad experience to research all the many conflicts/ issues that occurred in the Balkans, Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Gaza, DRC, Sudan, Somalia and Pakistan. I have appeared on TV, US Radio, written a book and write for the Palestine Telegraph. I reflect on the greed in this world, the wars, pain, suffering & poverty that American and British imperialism and their foreign policies have created. There is a direct link between this and the rise in self induced terrorism, conflict, genocide, poverty, and the displacement of millions of people. Current wars are all about excessive greed for oil and gas, natural resources, world control and certainly nothing to do with democracy. I also believe that world politics are controlled by Wall Street and London Bankers with Christian and Jewish Zionist at its heart.

Last edited by modeerf; 12-04-2011 at 10:13 AM..

Old 12-04-2011, 10:04 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,541,357 times
Quote:
No, I'm asking what type of bunker busters Israel will deposit on Iran and how they will do it, I'm aware what a bunker buster is.
A one-way F-16.

That capability has been around since the late 70's.

The return fire will be ballistic impact missiles into Dimona -- Israel's nuke weapons center. That will be blow radiation all over Israel.

Israel v. Iran = Idiot v. Idiot.

We would be far wiser to stop shipping weapons to the mess and stay out.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
A one-way F-16.

That capability has been around since the late 70's.

The return fire will be ballistic impact missiles into Dimona -- Israel's nuke weapons center. That will be blow radiation all over Israel.

Israel v. Iran = Idiot v. Idiot.

We would be far wiser to stop shipping weapons to the mess and stay out.
Exactly what the US/global leadership is lacking "wisdom".

Hey, they have their underground bunkers to hide in when it all comes down... the rest of us are cannon fodder

Old 12-04-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
It could be propaganda, but it caused a pretty decent earth tremor, which set off an earthquake.
So says Peter Eyre, the self-proclaimed independent activist and author of "The Satanic New World Order" and "Zionist trail in Norway terror attacks" if you choose to take his word delivered via mouthpiece of Iran's theocratic dictatorship then have at it, I'm not so willing to accept that as a reliable source of information or proof of anything.

Last edited by slackjaw; 12-04-2011 at 11:28 AM..

Old 12-04-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
A one-way F-16.
Iran's nuclear development facilities aren't conveniently all in one place like in Iraq or Syria, they are scattered thruout the country and a single GBU-28 is no guarantee of successfully dismantling a site nor is a single F-16 without wild-weasel and air superiority fighters in a strike package good odds to successfully deliver one.

I'm not discounting Israel could mount an operation to strike Iran, but I believe the risks of the mission versus chances of seriously undermining Iran's nuclear program make it unlikely to be undertaken. The Iraq strike was right at the edge of the combat radius of their aircraft, for Iran they'd need aerial refueling and they'd likely have to accomplish it over foreign airspace. Given the number of targets they'd have to hit it would also stretch their refueling capabilities very thin, and be difficult or almost impossible to manage that and have sufficient strike packages arrive all across Iran at the same time as required for a surprise hit.

It is just a huge undertaking, much bigger, more complex, riskier, and lesser chance of functional success than previous IAF operations against neighboring nuke facilities.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:51 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post

The U.S. used them in Iraq in 1991 and again in Afghanistan, a 5 kilotonne was dropped on Tora Bora.

“Tactical nuclear weapons were used, at least one in Iraq and several were used in Afghanistan --in the Tora Bora mountains,” Peter Eyre, a Middle East consultant, said.

Peter Eyre is a self-proclaimed "consultant" in the UK, who posited this in a blog, and needless to say, it was picked by millions of other bloggers.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:24 PM

2,166 posts, read 3,382,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Beyond the current crisis, what I find most disturbing is that with this ever more "coordinated" action on the part of central banks, we are being conditioned for a single global currency. Sooner or later some crisis will come about and they will insist the only realistic solution will be a global currency. The "solution" of course, is what the global elite have wanted to implement all along.

Ultimately, it all goes back to an obsession with power and control.
We will never have a single currency. The Euro is proving how difficult it is to have a single currency that covers multiple economies and cultures, and a Euro failure will discourage other nations from forming similar partnerships. A common currency only works when each nation is a on a level playing field economically.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:28 PM

2,166 posts, read 3,382,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
I had no idea that the blog I read everyday was connected to so many other blogs. I just like what the blog says since there is a large kernel of truth in what it says everyday.

I offered as food for thought only but it seems that thinking about so many problems is stressing to many people. This I can understand..........
Sorry, I just see the blog for what it really is...a conduit to sell emergency supplies and food rations to the gullible.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
So says Peter Eyre, the self-proclaimed independent activist and author of "The Satanic New World Order" and "Zionist trail in Norway terror attacks" if you choose to take his word delivered via mouthpiece of Iran's theocratic dictatorship then have at it, I'm not so willing to accept that as a reliable source of information or proof of anything.
He doesn't come across to me like the Khomeini or Imanutjob have control over him.
Americans can tend to discount a different POV or God forbid how American policy for globalista's may affect the commoners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics