Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 04:44 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Yes actually.

Their votes (Or lack thereof) put and kept those politicians into office.

So it IS their fault.

Just like it will be OUR fault if we allow the travesty of 'social insecurity' to continue as soon as enough of the boomers die off so as to make it so our votes about whether we keep paying for something we will never get, and is doomed no matter what count!

For now, with 'the grey vote' in power, it's out of our hands, we just get stolen from because the 'grey vote' believes because money was stolen from them WE should compensate them.

And don't tell me people depend on SS because they didn't know. People were screaming about it failing in the 70's!
i disagree, because the politicians LIED to everyone about what they were going to do (and i also disagree that it is the boomers or "greys" who put obama in power.)

how many americans supported the bailouts-young or old?

did they have any control over it? did the letter writing and calling make any difference at all? or were the bailouts done against the will of the people?

same thing happening in europe-with technocrats overthrowing leaderships and making the new rules. i posted some of this on the political forum but will also put it here:

Portugal raids pension funds to meet deficit targets - Telegraph

i urge people to take the time to read the comments section on portugal raiding the pension funds, because that is the direction that we are headed. how can anyone disagree with what dylan is saying in his rant?

Last edited by floridasandy; 12-13-2011 at 05:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 06:02 AM

also the social security system really needs to be fixed/overhauled. look at this story:

Feds probed role of Gov. Brewer in son's Social Security benefits

why can't parents making a good income take care of their own children? why is that responsibility shifted to the rest of the population? where is means testing for cases like this?

how many other stories are out there like this one?

Sources familiar with the investigation said the case was referred to federal prosecutors, who have declined to pursue charges.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:41 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i am tired of reading that it is the boomers who have shafted everyone, or actually any one group of citizens-- other than the corrupt legislators who WRITE THE LAWS AND ENFORCE THE LAWS. congress and the presidency have been captured-what other excuse could there be for not representing the interests of the citizens of the country in which they are elected?

citizens paid in and the money was misappropriated.

-if policies weren't so bad and corrupt, if spending wasn't so high, if waste and theft were not allowed, if money stayed at its intended purpose instead of diversion, if the borders weren't wide open to illegal immigration, if offshoring wasn't rewarded, if the elite weren't lining their own pockets with wall street insider knowledge, if government collected revenue wasn't diverted to foreign countries to help the global "ponzi" we might have a chance.

i love dylan ratigan's rant:

Guy Just ****ing Lost it on Air - YouTube!

you go, dylan!

dylan knows what we all know, but most won't say.
The numbers don't lie and its not complicated. I also do not think squandering makes any difference if you follow the law of rents. Even if the US didn't offshore anything, any productive gain would merely just be rolled into land and resource rents. Gentrification will already put the older generation in a position to collect. This is especially true when you consider housing was subsidized. The boomer generation has doubled dipped and in doing so it make SS inviable. You cannot collect a large capital gain of a house and social security without impact. All these college loans also increased the money supply which instead of being rolled into building business for the new recruits was rolled into property values aka rent seeking which make their plight even worse. Their own education drove up the rent they were going to have to pay to work. Thus I would say the boomer generation has obliterated them. The current ratio of wealth doesn't lie.

And the attitude is just wonderful.

Giuliani recommends protesters to "occupy a job" and how about try "working" - YouTube

Old 12-13-2011, 09:58 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,122,956 times
Quote:
i disagree, because the politicians LIED to everyone about what they were going to do (and i also disagree that it is the boomers or "greys" who put obama in power.)
Since when in the last 5,000 years has this been news?

Quote:
how many americans supported the bailouts-young or old?

did they have any control over it? did the letter writing and calling make any difference at all? or were the bailouts done against the will of the people?
So vote the suckers out!
Quit falling for the lies and voting for the opposite sides of the same coin just because there is a D or an R after their names.

That's the only thing that may help!

Quote:
same thing happening in europe-with technocrats overthrowing leaderships and making the new rules. i posted some of this on the political forum but will also put it here:

Portugal raids pension funds to meet deficit targets - Telegraph

i urge people to take the time to read the comments section on portugal raiding the pension funds, because that is the direction that we are headed. how can anyone disagree with what dylan is saying in his rant?
Sorry, I'll haveto come back to read the link, just killing a couple minutes and my stuff is here...

Old 12-13-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
The numbers don't lie and its not complicated. I also do not think squandering makes any difference if you follow the law of rents. Even if the US didn't offshore anything, any productive gain would merely just be rolled into land and resource rents. Gentrification will already put the older generation in a position to collect. This is especially true when you consider housing was subsidized. The boomer generation has doubled dipped and in doing so it make SS inviable. You cannot collect a large capital gain of a house and social security without impact. All these college loans also increased the money supply which instead of being rolled into building business for the new recruits was rolled into property values aka rent seeking which make their plight even worse. Their own education drove up the rent they were going to have to pay to work. Thus I would say the boomer generation has obliterated them. The current ratio of wealth doesn't lie.

And the attitude is just wonderful.

Giuliani recommends protesters to "occupy a job" and how about try "working" - YouTube
i think most americans understand what is happening, even if you disagree.

to imply that fraud and waste wouldn't make a difference, really?

we would be in worse shape if we kept the jobs here?

look at the government currently. they are a bunch of cowards all the way around-obama whined about taxes but is trying to extend a tax break so he can get reelected, even while not making any effort at all to cut the spending or the waste.

did the spending even slow down? heck, no, it increased at an EVEN FASTER PACE. what kind of jackass blames the previous president for things being bad and then does the SAME EXACT THING FASTER? here's another clue-we are in a recession and cannot service the debt now- so WTH!

and then some people have the nerve to blame any one generation for this mess? and other people think if the vote turned out different it would matter-let me tell you there isn't a nickel's worth of difference between big government obama, big government hillary, and big government mccain.

that is the problem in america today.

what about all the ADD funding? all the 30 year old diaper adults around the country? the health care subsidies? or the school breakfast, lunch, and dinner programs? or the wars? the lost billions in iraq? foreign aid? cost of illegal immigration? foreign debt forgiveness? the UN, the IMF, and all the other organizations that work against us while we fund them? or possibly the worst of all, the federal reserve, a foreign banking conglomerate exempt from taxation and scrutiny? the wall street crimes not prosecuted and the money lost in those schemes (again, corzine comes to mind immediately and madoff) ?or the green scams or global warming scams? is the gold still even in fort knox, or have we been robbed blind with no scrutiny?

wake up and smell the coffee.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:40 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,237,259 times
Just wait until this figure drops below 50%:

Low Labor Force Participation Means Jobs Crisis Is Worse Than It Seems

That's when the stuff will hit the fan as far as SS is concerned. You have to have as many available workers as possible paying into the system for it to even have a chance of working.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
i think most americans understand what is happening, even if you disagree.

to imply that fraud and waste wouldn't make a difference, really?
It accelerates it and nothing more. Humans are squirrels that bury assets in debt. Labor goes to capital and capital is converted in to assets that have the same value since Roman times. The boomers earned, invested in the tech bubble and fled to wealth safety which is a cycle only new to people never bothered to see this pattern. The founder swam to free land and now we are born in feudalism.

Quote:
we would be in worse shape if we kept the jobs here?
We can't keep the jobs here because of the debt overhead. Our labor is priced out of the market. Its funny how people think China is an emerging economy. Chinese technology was way ahead of the West. However they were gentrified and labor and capital was starved to death so the West emerged. The mortgage to GDP ratio is the best descriptor of the basic problem.

Quote:
look at the government currently. they are a bunch of cowards all the way around-obama whined about taxes but is trying to extend a tax break so he can get reelected, even while not making ANY EFFORT AT ALL to cut the spending or the waste.
The public debt is by my estimation not much more than a 200 billion dollar a year problem. The private debt is about a 3 trillion dollar problem every year.

Quote:
did the spending even slow down? heck, no, it increased!!!
What difference does it make with people standing around?

Quote:
and then some people have the nerve to blame any one generation for this mess? and other people think if the vote turned out different it would matter-let me tell you there isn't a nickel's worth of difference between big government obama, big government hillary, and big government mccain.
You can't saddle the incoming generation with 3 enlarged burdens. I doubt the boomers even thought that the easy house money was coming from the productivity of the younger generations but that doesn't really address the problem.

Quote:
that is the problem in america today.

what about all the ADD funding? all the 30 year old diaper adults around the country? the health care subsidies? or the school breakfast, lunch, and dinner programs? or the wars? the lost billions in iraq? foreign aid? cost of illegal immigration? foreign debt forgiveness? the UN, the IMF, and all the other organizations that work against us while we fund them? or possibly the worst of all, the federal reserve, a foreign banking conglomerate exempt from taxation and scrutiny? the wall street crimes not prosecuted and the money lost in those schemes (again, corzine comes to mind immediately and madoff) ?or the green scams or global warming scams?

wake up and smell the coffee.
See if you can smell this.

The banker cartel is certainly manipulating this. However their political allies are the boomers because they are all for shifting taxation off finacialized assets on to weakening the currency and taxing labor. I suppose banks will stop wanting to tax labor once they become bought and sold and purchased with bank debt. Then they will have political common ground with slave owners. The game is to take taxes off assets. The reason is simple. Those can absorb more debt once the tax is lifted. Driving up asset values screws those who didn't have time to accumulate it especially hard.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:53 PM

143 posts, read 378,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Thank you so much young one. My wife and I are dependent on SS for our existence. Is it your solution that we should cease to exist?
That's the problem with old folks nowadays, they don't want to take responsibility for themselves anymore. They just want to have everything handed to them, not make life for themselves.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:59 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Lets fight among ourselves and let the rich off free again. Remove the cap from the wage tax and SSI is solvent

Old 12-13-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Thank you so much young one. My wife and I are dependent on SS for our existence. Is it your solution that we should cease to exist?
Why don't you help the youth by going after the banks? The money is there. It just ended up being mortgage interest. Who are we paying the mortgages to? Are we paying them for this fine service they offered us? The cheap credit binge drove up housing prices. Bank credit created 27 trillion during the housing bubble. How can they help you if you don't help them? People on social security should have plenty of time to find someone who is no a banker owned candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics