Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 05:08 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I see you don't know your history very well. Countries that print money to solve economic problems eventually experience a crash. The crash is coming.
sure, in the long run we're all dead, and the value of the dollar falls to zero.

in the meantime, there's a shortage of dollars circulating in the part of the economy we're talking about, not surplus of them.

Last edited by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus; 12-14-2011 at 05:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 05:16 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
you might want to read this on bernanke and the fed policies, which i think sums it up nicely:

oftwominds: If Being Totally, Disastrously Wrong Were a Virtue, Bernanke and His Fed Mates Should Be Sainted

Old 12-14-2011, 09:46 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
you might want to read this on bernanke and the fed policies, which i think sums it up nicely:

oftwominds: If Being Totally, Disastrously Wrong Were a Virtue, Bernanke and His Fed Mates Should Be Sainted

No doubt about that. A policy of high asset prices basically shifts wealth to the same sort of thing that was worth something 2000 years ago which is the instinct of a their primitive monkey brains, if that is they are not simply evil.

Speaking of shifting risk that is why our banking industry uses assets as a lending vehicle rather than capital which is a transmutation of assets by virtue of human labor very different from the more primitive form of asset. Our banking industry takes the least amount of risk. When even this goes wrong, their political insider-ship insurance takes care of it. Its a parasitic banking system in every possible way.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:49 AM

437 posts, read 792,652 times
Two words, Ron Paul. You will have one last chance to save this country in 2012.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrtx View Post
Two words, Ron Paul. You will have one last chance to save this country in 2012.
Ron Paul's "hard currency" idea is fraught with peril. You could not even broach the idea without fixed exchange rates and capital controls. Otherwise Gesham's law would leave us all holding 3rd world toilet paper. I could also see lots of financial warfare possibilities driving us inti inflation and deflation with big players and foreign countries. I'd really like to see a country try a "backed" currency on its own with out being effectively worth less as face value, and then what is the point?

He doesn't seem too concerned about fractional reserve banking funding ponzi schemes either.

Though he would be an interesting fly in the ointment, and I would like to see him wipe out all the subsidies.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:35 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,908,288 times
If the GOP makes gutting Social Security a plank, expect the Seniors to vote them out of office. It has already been pointed out that eliminating the wage cap would solve 99% of the shortfall. If they want to raise the retirement age for today's six year olds, that is another issue.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
If the GOP makes gutting Social Security a plank, expect the Seniors to vote them out of office. It has already been pointed out that eliminating the wage cap would solve 99% of the shortfall. If they want to raise the retirement age for today's six year olds, that is another issue.
There is no revenue problem. Its a transfer payment. Its the work force that is the problem because they have no money, or jobs and lots of debt . Eliminating the wage cap will only suck money from the economy and may make it worse. What does that do for 20 and 30 somethings? Collecting more revenue during debt deflation is basically asking for a depression ASAP.

The time to tax the rich was during boom time especially since many got rich with the ponzi scheme.

This isn't necessarily the way I like it, but this is how our money system works. There is no solvency problem because its not run for profit. Welfare can't go bankrupt.

http://mosler2012.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/7deadly.pdf (broken link)
With government deficits we are leaving our debts to our children.
Fact: Collectively, in real terms, there is no such burden. Debt or no debt, our children get to consume whatever they can produce.

Not including foreign debt of course.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:40 PM

In my opinion, Rep. Paul is quite concerned with the fractional reserve system.

End The Fed & Consider Outlawing Fractional Reserve Banking

Old 12-14-2011, 04:49 PM

Now, after the SS Trust Fund has been decimated, congress has started raiding the Obamacare health fund about three seperate times because the idiot voters allow this.

Hold on folks it's going to get very interesting.

Good luck.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrtx View Post
In my opinion, Rep. Paul is quite concerned with the fractional reserve system.

End The Fed & Consider Outlawing Fractional Reserve Banking
I certainly can't vote for the repulicraps and he would certainly bring attention to some issues.

I wish more people would pay attention to this.
Ron Paul: Yeah, if you put a hundred dollars in the bank today, the bank immediately has $190. No, if you put a $100 in today you have to say it has to stay there for 3 months and then you can loan it out for 3 months. But you don’t expand the money supply. The money supply, the Fed creates a trillion and in a few months it’s nine trillion. And that’s where the distortions come from and of course, everybody loves it when it’s going up because the prices of houses are going up and everything’s happening that seems to please a lot until the correction comes. Politicians love it. You can fight wars that you don’t have to pay for, you can run the welfare state that you don’t have to pay for. So if you believe in limited government, you have to look at monetary policy and decide that you just can’t create money out of thin air. That is the culprit and you can’t solve the problem by regulations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics