U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2012, 08:21 AM

1,144 posts, read 1,939,078 times

Advertisements

I went to a local BOA branch that was between my home and work to open a safe deposit box although I already had one it was not at all convenient - I was given the keys however before I could put any of my belongings in the box the employees and customers were notified that BOA was closing that branch - At the same time this was taking place my employer was filing for Chatper 7 and closing as well as my father in Florida had become seriously ill - I threw my cats in the car and off to Florida we went - I was in down there over a month but paid all my bills online - Upon my return I had actually tons of mail waiting for me even though just about every bill is sent electronically - I must be on every catalog list there is as well as junk mail list - I went through the mail rather quickly most of which I discarded - There may or may not have been something from BOA about the safety deposit box but not only had my father passed away but 10 days later had to put my 6 year old cat to sleep from kidney disease - Needless to say I was not thinking clearly - Now fast forward a couple of years I get a rather nasty note from BOA about owing them lots and lots of money for unpaid fees on this box I never even opened to see if it was empty from the previous owner - I went to my local BOA branch and found out they had assigned a box to me in a near by city which was not all convenient - I called Customer Service and explained to them what had happened and that in fact I never even opened the box to look inside let alone put anything in there - Well true to BOA's mentality I got no where nor did they even care, they wanted their money - I called the Banking Commissioner in my state who then contacted BOA's Office of the CEO - I was to return the keys to the box which in fact I did have, they were going to waive the charges and close the box - I came across the person I spoke with in the Office of the CEO and almost tossed his phone number it was so long ago, back in November as I recall - Well good thing I didnt I just got a rather nasty letter today demanding their keys and money - How do you like them apples - Thank you for letting me vent -
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 09:27 AM

30,476 posts, read 34,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
There may or may not have been something from BOA about the safety deposit box but not only had my father passed away but 10 days later had to put my 6 year old cat to sleep from kidney disease - Needless to say I was not thinking clearly -
we are always thinking clearly.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics