Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 07:38 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,494,972 times

Advertisements

Most people today are running here and there trying to find out,
what is going to happen to the economy in the future.

This man told and warned what was going to happen 20 years ago,
and people laughed and mocked him, and said he was dumb and stupid.

Listen to what he said would happen to The USA and you will know
where your wealth, and the country will be headed in the future, ... if there is one.

He tried to explain the problem, but people don't want
to hear it unless they affected personally at the time.

I myself believed what he had to say back when
he warned the USA 20 years ago.

You may not like him, but he knew what was going to happen and why ! ! !
Listen to how he compares wages at the end of his speech.

A Giant Sucking Sound : Ross Perot - YouTube

Ross Perot - ECONOMIC crisis 2008 - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 09:51 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
Few want to face reality. I listened and voted for him. For everyone that didn't vote for him; how are you doing today? Have you lost your home yet?

Fools; nothing but a bunch of fools!

Old 06-26-2012, 03:46 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,876,501 times
Yup, hope you like what you're left with...

I remember a time when people COMPLAINED about having to work

Old 06-26-2012, 04:38 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,897,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Few want to face reality. I listened and voted for him. For everyone that didn't vote for him; how are you doing today? Have you lost your home yet?

Fools; nothing but a bunch of fools!
I didn't vote for him, although that doesn't mean he was wrong. I am doing just fine today. No, I haven't lost my home and will not lose it in the future, as it is paid off. I never came close to losing it either. In case you didn't know, it is not "normal" to have lost one's home. Most people have not lost their homes. And no, I am not rich, not even well-to-do. I have always earned about the median income in the United States, or in some years very slightly more, so I am solidly in the middle of the middle class, not even remotely part of the upper middle class. There is such a thing as living within one's means and having the common sense not to buy a house at insanely inflated prices.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:02 PM

11 posts, read 15,862 times
Yes, there is such a thing as living within one's means. However, many people having common sense, had conventional mortgages (some that were even almost paid off) on modest houses they could well afford. Then they lost their jobs, their Health Insurance, and were only able to find a replacement job with much less income and no benefits at all. Add that to a family member becoming seriously ill. There goes the savings, Retirement Funds, home, etc. Then there are the seemingly smug people who believed they could not lose their home since it was paid off. They have been saddened to learn that through Imminent Domain they were forced to sell their property to the State for a paltry sum.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:02 PM

491 posts, read 2,289,974 times
Yup, I've never forgotten about Perot and his charts showing government growing like a cancer. And here we are today, Stockton California about to declare bankruptcy in order to get the piblic-sector union claws out of their necks. We didn't heed his warning, him and his funny ears and homely appearance.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:19 AM

71 posts, read 132,404 times
I won't vote for him.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:29 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
He isn't running!

Old 06-27-2012, 12:18 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
You could fill a book with the people who have warned us about what was happening and what was going to happen going all the way back to the forefathers.
The problem is that people lack the education to understand what they are talking about. That is why the government is so adamant about keeping education under their control. So long as we keep the people stupid, then they are easily manipulated and controlled.
Ross Perot told us what was going to happen to our jobs. Franklin Roosevelt warned us of the dangers of Public Unions.
Thomas Jefferson warned us of the dangers of a Central Bank. Senator Charles Lindbergh and Congressman McFadden warned us about the Federal Reserve. Dwight Eisenhower warned us about the military industrial complex. We ignored all of them and they all were right.
We are now peasants and wage slaves in a country where we were once free and prosperous. The real absurdity though is most of us are too stupid to even know it.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:22 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,192,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
We are now peasants and wage slaves in a country where we were once free and prosperous. The real absurdity though is most of us are too stupid to even know it.
Speak for yourself. It sucks your situation is so terrible but I'm neither peasant nor wage slave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics