U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 10:34 AM

19,346 posts, read 17,021,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
That's putting it nicely lol

Who put them there? That's a rhetorical question.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 10:35 AM

1,139 posts, read 3,102,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I don't recall the US agreeing to any other terms than to give you dollars at the maturity date. Would you like to try again?
It's the same as US govt printing money and handing off $1 Million to each individual !!!

What happens to the 'value' of money - Once it drops, everyone will run from the currency - look at what happened to Zimbabwae or Iraq or any other countries that went overboard!

Old 08-11-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampaite View Post
It's the same as US govt printing money and handing off $1 Million to each individual !!!
And what if da guberment taxed everyone $999,000.? Everyone would have a buck.

Quote:
What happens to the 'value' of money - Once it drops, everyone will run from the currency - look at what happened to Zimbabwae or Iraq or any other countries that went overboard!

No one will run from the currency if its collected in taxes. You know how you tell when there is too much credit in the system? 2-3% unemployment(unless you have a non labor created shortage ). That happening yet?

Did you know da guberment could double its national debt with the flick of a pen and it would not mean squat if reserve ratios were increased? My guess is probably not.

Anyway hyperinflation is always a foreign debt problem typically in a foreign credit instrument. I don't think the Saudis are going to break a sweat if they owe sand.

Let me really bake your noodle. If you want to do something about the foreign debt problem which does have inflation potential, then one way to do it is to get us 60 trillion into public debt.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:34 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,829,648 times
Quote:
I don't recall the US agreeing to any other terms than to give you dollars at the maturity date. Would you like to try again?
Please, do at least some research. The technical default has been discussed so many times (it is proposed by some Republicans) that it's not that hard to find info.

The "normal" default is also perfectly possible. Basically, America is almost guaranteed to face it (at least through devaluation), if it doesn't go the technical default route.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
Please, do at least some research. The technical default has been discussed so many times (it is proposed by some Republicans) that it's not that hard to find info.

The "normal" default is also perfectly possible. Basically, America is almost guaranteed to face it (at least through devaluation), if it doesn't go the technical default route.
Why don't you give me the "research"' cause I already know a tech default is complete horse dung. Its nothing but a political decision. If they default its not only insane, but its like folding their arms and saying no like a little girl. It is NOT an economic phenomena. A US technical default is a complete political posturing joke.

Give me a freaking break. Why do people like you who probably never so much as cracked open an econ book go around telling people they need to do research? Just make your arguments and stop trying to patronize people with your wet, limp noodles.

A normal default is NOT possible, sorry. If you think that then you have no economic sense at all. Its a fiat currency. Unlike the likes of you I give you the research.

Like it or not; I don't care, but that is our post Bretton Woods money system.

http://pragcap.com/understanding-modern-monetary-system
The federal government’s true constraint is never solvency, but inflation. The government must manage the money supply so as to avoid imposing undue harm on the populace via mismanagement of the money supply.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Why don't you give me the "research"' cause I already know a tech default is complete horse dung. Its nothing but a political decision. If they default its not only insane, but its like folding their arms and saying no like a little girl. It is NOT an economic phenomena. A US technical default is a complete political posturing joke.
Economics go hand to hand with politics. If you don't understand such simple thing - I don't think you should bother with economics at all

Quote:
A normal default is NOT possible, sorry. If you think that then you have no economic sense at all. Its a fiat currency. Unlike the likes of you I give you the research.
Don't be delirious - devaluation of USD = default.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:37 PM

31,422 posts, read 70,137,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
Don't be delirious - devaluation of USD = default.

Boiling Frog Experiment - YouTube

Old 08-11-2012, 12:49 PM

Poor America (frog)

Old 08-11-2012, 12:54 PM

6,616 posts, read 12,482,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
What the f***?!

And yeah I agree gwynedd, it is pretty much the population's fault. It's just kinda hard to reverse all this stuff now that everything's so corrupt.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:02 PM

3,668 posts, read 5,932,222 times
Nobody, well most people, in America don't want to admit or come to terms that the gov't has little, or no, interest in them and only cares about the bottom line...$$$$$$.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics