U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 04:42 PM

10,264 posts, read 10,890,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
A message to important to ignore.............

"This is the time of the year when Americans run out to their favorite retail stores and fill up their shopping carts with lots of cheap plastic crap made by workers in foreign countries where it is legal to pay slave labor wages. By doing this, the American people are actively participating in the destruction of the U.S. economy. You see, buying products that are made in America is not just a matter of national pride. It is a matter of national survival. If we do not support American workers, they are going to continue to see their jobs shipped out of the country. If we do not support American businesses, they are going to continue to die off at a staggering rate."

55 Reasons Why You Should Buy Products That Are Made In America This Holiday Season

Agree.It is a good idea .Everyone would like to buy made in America but there is a trouble.
People always want to purchase something again and again but now they don't have money
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 08:24 PM

7,604 posts, read 5,800,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaDreams View Post
Umm believe you are wrong about Hershey. I thought I heard awhile back they closed the plant in PA and moved to Mexico and that now most if not all of it's candy is being made down there.
They had moved some of it to Mexico about 5 or so years ago (and I could be wrong but as far as I know that plant only made the miniatures) but I don't know what their plans are for that plant now that they've spent $300 million to add to and upgrade the plant in Hershey, PA. Over the next 5 years Hershey expects to have more than a $1 billion impact on the economy in PA.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:21 AM

1,139 posts, read 3,061,530 times
Quote:
You see, buying products that are made in America is not just a matter of national pride. It is a matter of national survival.
WRONG. What matters is economics and your wealth, not what you buy.

Quote:
If we do not support American workers, they are going to continue to see their jobs shipped out of the country.
WRONG. Exports and Imports also create jobs, not just manufacturing but maybe at a lower pace.

Quote:
If we do not support American businesses, they are going to continue to die off at a staggering rate."
Couldn't be anymore WRONGER. Any business will survive based on how profitable they are and also how regulated they are.

The top 500 companies in the US by market cap have been making billions and billions of dollars in profit and they are not going anywhere.

Its time to increase the tax rate on companies - Remember GE has paid ZERO in taxes for the last decade or so.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:56 AM

98 posts, read 157,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I went to Macy's last year, and I was going to do the patriotic thing, buy me a new frying pan, made in the U.S.A, pay extra if I had to, and no such luck!

I search, high and low, for fish that doesn't say Product of China, and go to the frozen fish section of Wal-Mart some time and what will you see? Yes, even the salmon: Product of China!

All Clad is made in the US.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:02 PM

2,916 posts, read 4,837,304 times
ABC News has been focusing on "Made in America" since last year (at least). Check out their website which shows products made in America, state by state:

Map: Find Made in America Goods - ABC News

Old 12-01-2012, 07:01 PM

6,979 posts, read 4,822,125 times
I think that if everyone banded together and just refused to buy any X mas presents, we would all be in the same exact boat. If you buy 5 X mas presents for friends and family and receive 5 back in return, its essentially equivalent to you purchasing 5 things you dont really need for yourself.

We can cut out the middle man by just not 'buying into' the hype and Hallmark Holidays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or