Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 04:04 PM

20,615 posts, read 19,265,159 times

Advertisements

Still looks like a global glut to me with every country trying to export their capacity.

Switzerland and Britain are now at currency war – Telegraph Blogs
Everybody is trying to weaken their currency at the same time. The Swiss have got away with it and now the Japanese want to try. The Sandinavians are pulling their hair out. The Turks are cutting rates even though the economy is overheating, and putting in credit controls instead because they don’t want the currency to rise."
Strong dollar? Yeah that's really going to work.

Do most of you still think you don't have nearly everything you think and apply to yourself completely and utterly wrong at the sovereign level? Yeah keep putting those nickels in the piggy bank and bask in self approbation at your good ole common sense economics.

Like I keep saying, want a strong dollar? Raise interest rates and get to 50% unemployment. It will be the strongest currency there is. Not sure what that would do for us, but it sure would be strong.

When the rest of the world wants imports, I'd start to worry. Don't ask me why they don't, but they don't. No country is at all interested in letter their slaves, em... excuse me, citizens consume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 04:46 PM

762 posts, read 1,096,618 times
Default Mega-inflation worries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1
When the rest of the world wants imports, I'd start to worry. Don't ask me why they don't, but they don't. No country is at all interested in letter their slaves, em... excuse me, citizens consume.
Maybe the World understands that encouraging their citizens to morph into over-consuming drones is not healthy for society or the Gov’t(s)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1
The Turks are cutting rates even though the economy is overheating, and putting in credit controls instead because they don’t want the currency to rise."
Oh yeah, the World has some serious issues to rectify.

Last edited by DSOs; 01-07-2013 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: changed to: for society

Old 01-07-2013, 07:13 PM

12,999 posts, read 18,833,680 times
There has to be a happy medium. You don't want your currency too weak either or such products as crude oil or coffee become too expensive, and nobody wants to invest in your country. And if your central bank does it by lowering interest rates, a lot of people lose income, requiring them to cut their spending when you want everyone to spend more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics