Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 02:29 PM

19,028 posts, read 27,592,838 times

Advertisements

What Obama has to do with anything? He's just front figure...
Ben does only what THE BOSS tells him to do. Who is FRS owner.
The real mechanism is described here:
Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars - The Lawful Path

And so it will go, as they please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 03:41 PM

2,479 posts, read 2,213,290 times
The OP said Depression, not Recession. In a Depression everything stops, and in the modern world it would be worldwide. I doubt with the federal government's resources and its proven intent to preserve itself and its friends at all costs, that a Depression would be destructive to equity holders who are the moneyed men, the stake holders in society. But like those who are defaulting on mortgages and wiped out, or living in homes in neighborhoods where bank foreclosed properties are vandalized wrecks, the average citizen is or will be SOL.

So yes. We are in for it.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:01 PM

21,122 posts, read 19,707,707 times
The stock market has been climbing for 4 years now. The average length for rise prior to correction is about 7 years, I believe. The stock market is up over 100% from it's previous low 4 years ago, so a correction is certainly possible.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:56 AM

165 posts, read 432,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
The stock market has been climbing for 4 years now. The average length for rise prior to correction is about 7 years, I believe. The stock market is up over 100% from it's previous low 4 years ago, so a correction is certainly possible.
The rate the Fed is printing money truly scares me. Inflation is only a matter of time. I am surprised it hasn't hit yet.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:03 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
To be honest, as much as I disapprove of Obama's performance as President, neither he nor Bernanke can prevent the world wide economic collapse that is in progress.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:09 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,557,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
That story is from August 2012! Buffet is constantly selling and buying new stocks.

3 months later, he bought more American stocks.

Deere
Precision Castparts Corp
Wabco Holdings Inc
Media General Inc.

If you want to keep up to date on his portfolio, go here. Portfolio Stocks of Warren Buffett

George Soros made 30 new buys. AIG, PXD, PNKD, GOOG, WAG, BTU, TGT, DNR, AMZN. Can you believe it AIG?

George Soros Most Attractive Stock Holdings as of Q3/2012 -- Trefis

It's funny that people have to go back 5 months to find a story to fit their narrative, because the current story on Warren Buffet doesn't work for their narrative.
pretty sure that story was fake.....well whatever

Old 01-17-2013, 02:23 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Common Stock Chart | BRK-A Interactive Chart - Yahoo! Finance

Buffett is a long term investor so like other long term investors they stayed the course like any other market correction.
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Like some others that I know he road out the storm and is about where he is was +/- a little.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:44 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31st State Citizen View Post
The rate the Fed is printing money truly scares me. Inflation is only a matter of time. I am surprised it hasn't hit yet.
That's all you have to respond to?

So much for defending ones opinion...

Old 01-17-2013, 02:11 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
I believe yes, TPTB have accepted it.
The growing welfare and warfare classes are permanent,
indeed, growing demographically. They require enormous
funding to sustain, which will only come via debauching the currency.
The currency can be debauched for decades more, as long as
the government continues to mandate and enforce its use.
This is what the people of America voted for. Conservative
principles are not popular enough to win elections.
I have come to accept it and do my best to work around it.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:06 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Like some others that I know he road out the storm and is about where he is was +/- a little.
I am in my mid 60's and had been investing for retirement for years.
I experienced the Black Monday crash of 1987.
We retired Jan 1 2008. We at that time had our pensions and investments with SS down the road. We experienced the Great Recession and saw our wealth take a really big hit as we were still in a long term investment mode because of pension security etc etc etc
Yawn it is now 2013.
My response to the OP is to go try to scare someone else. I am now with a more conservative portfolio and fully recovered plus for the Great Recession. Remember new money put to work in early 2009 on has really seen considerable appreciation and that is real appreciation and not recovery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics