U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 09:23 AM

20,950 posts, read 17,800,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobd04 View Post
Remember with me back to 2008, during the waning days of the George W. Bush administration, when the economy was in free fall and the DOW Industrial average hovered around the 7000 mark, when the nation was looking down into a seemingly bottomless economic canyon, on the precipice of a REAL fiscal cliff. Now compare that with the economic climate today under what the total obstructionist Republicans like to portray as the "anti-business" President Obama:

Stocks soar 85% in Obama's first term | Nation/world Business | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Seems pretty good for business to me.

Another example of Republicans making fools of themselves, refusing to compromise even when it is for the good of the nation, repeating blatantly false, completely ridiculous mantras that serve only to further illustrate their own ignorance and insignificance.

Republicans are so far gone they still can't even understand this is why they lost in 2012. If they continue to willingly tread down political dead ends of their own design, they'll have to change their mascot from an elephant to a dinosaur.
How did that help Main Street?

Incomes are down.

Welfare is up.

Unemployment is the same.

Food Stamp use is 35% higher.

But I'm glad that you enjoy seeing the profits of the 1% increase!

Meh....dumacrats.
Rate this post positively

Old 01-20-2013, 03:03 PM

48,507 posts, read 90,836,137 times
They may have grown but they still are not at high levbels of growth four year after they loss so much. Also the risk has gfrown which is why so much cash id on the sidelines or invested in lesss risky but not growth areas. I alos they that in this recovery we may not see employemnt recover to degreee previouslt enjoyed i thsi country and more jopbs will pay less ebcause of so much spending. The bommers have started to stop contributing to growth and compnaies have adjucted to less employees.
Rate this post positively