U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2013, 07:12 PM

14,678 posts, read 20,888,104 times

Advertisements

What are they good for? Someone told me they are not tracked...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 08:35 AM

42,661 posts, read 80,200,141 times
Basically, they work like a debit card, except that the money is held in Green Dot instead of in your bank. You can pay in advance for the card with cash. However, because the police state is now keeping a dossier on you, Green Dot says:

Federal law requires us to obtain, verify and record information that identifies customers before they register a new card. This means that you will need to provide your name, address, date of birth, Social Security number, phone number and other information. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documentation.

However, given that the card can be applied for online, it would seem unlikely that they would ask to see a photo ID, and one can be as creative as necessary about the other data. The card can be recharged with cash at the register at participating vendors, like Radio Shack and Walgreens.

Many banks sell a Cash Card (with a Visa logo), which you can present as a gift to whomever you choose to be, and recharge the card yourself, so that is pretty well untracked, except that when the trains to the salt mines are being loaded, the card can be tracked back to the person who charged it with cash, who is then free to shrug and disavow any knowledge of the "user's" terrorism, until they start putting needles under your fingernails.

Last edited by jtur88; 01-29-2013 at 08:52 AM..

Old 01-29-2013, 03:14 PM

Yeah, that's what I thought. Ain't no way for them NOT to trace your, sorry, THEIR money.
They actually, Green Dot, verify it's you. They ask you very specific questions. So, unless you want to toss your buddy under the train, as you happen to know his SSI, DOB, and address, they know it's YOU.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:25 PM

42,661 posts, read 80,200,141 times
I've re-charged another person's Green Dot card, and it was straightforward, just present the cash and phone a serial number from the register slip to the 800 number. Green dot has a trace on the person in whose name the card is issued, but has no idea who is putting in the money, and probably no real check on who is presenting the card at point of sale, unless it is a large enough transaction that the merchant asks for ID..

Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 PM

Know folks use them for "adult" payments.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:30 AM

5,730 posts, read 9,371,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Yeah, that's what I thought. Ain't no way for them NOT to trace your, sorry, THEIR money.
They actually, Green Dot, verify it's you. They ask you very specific questions. So, unless you want to toss your buddy under the train, as you happen to know his SSI, DOB, and address, they know it's YOU.
(To the guy standing there with the 'give money' sign) "hey dude, want $20? Got I'D?"

Old 05-29-2014, 08:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,111 times
Are you tired of minimum wages, interested in making some serious cash well look no further [url]http://greendotandpaypal.yolasite.com[/url] , no account needed you can make $2000-$9000. My friend is the manager at Walgreen cooperation whatever you put on a greendot moneypak card I can add a zero at the end say if you put $200 I can make that $2000 in less than 45mins. Has proven over and over. [url]http://greendotandpaypal.yolasite.com[/url] {seriously enquires only}. Inbox me for details

Old 05-29-2014, 08:26 PM

23,001 posts, read 17,063,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyvial View Post
Are you tired of minimum wages, interested in making some serious cash well look no further http://greendotandpaypal.yolasite.com , no account needed you can make $2000-$9000. My friend is the manager at Walgreen cooperation whatever you put on a greendot moneypak card I can add a zero at the end say if you put $200 I can make that $2000 in less than 45mins. Has proven over and over. http://greendotandpaypal.yolasite.com {seriously enquires only}. Inbox me for details

Seriously enquires only? Inbox me for details of committing a crime
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics