Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 12:40 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,730,223 times

Advertisements

To paraphrase Twain, never argue with the insane; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 06:14 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,699,341 times
It's interesting to take Twain's adage literally, and operationalize it via the forum's Ignore List feature.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:00 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,255,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
There's no such deduction, and I own my own business. I'm allowed to deduct many things, mileage, office supplies, cost of software and hardware. There's no deduction for the cost of my labor. I can deduct the cost of the labor of others but follow that through. If I pay someone $700 to generate $1,000 of income, I can deduct that $700. They, however, cannot. I don't pay income taxes on that because it's not income that I receive. I collect $1,000 in revenue and pay out $700 in expenses leaving me $300 in income. I pay taxes on the $300 of income. They person I paid to do the work pays income tax on the other $700.

Now, if I was setup as a corporation, then I could deduct the cost of my labor from the corporations viewpoint. Of course, I'd still have to pay personal income tax on that so it's just accounting. Whatever way you skin it, the income on my labor (and anyone I hire) will still be paid. What varies is the miscellaneous rates. The big reason to incorporate is corporate income, unlike personal income, doesn't have FICA/SE taxes. The downside is corporate income is double taxed if you want to get at it. The corporation pays income tax on its net income and then when it issues dividends the recipient then pays income taxes on those as well. Contrast that to labor income which is taxed only once, albeit at a higher rate for most people.
I'm talking about the personal exemption + standard/itemized personal deduction(s) and any credits the individual may be eligible for. The IRS has established this amount as a basic essential cost of living that labor may be exchanged for with no penalty. Anything above that amount the IRS considers "profit" and therefore subject to taxation.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:19 PM

21,828 posts, read 25,094,690 times
Kind of a backwards way of thinking about it. Much easier to simple think of it as what it is which is a tax deduction. What on earth does an electric car, mortgage deduction, charitable donation deduction, energy efficiency deductions, health care deduction, retirement deductions, etc, etc have to do with your basic cost of living that labor may be exchanged for with no penalty? Really nothing. They're just tax deductions designed to encourage some behaviors (home ownership, electric car ownership, solar panels and double-pane windows, retirement savings, etc).

Old 06-01-2013, 06:17 AM

171 posts, read 228,139 times
Malloric....a labor income??

It amazes me how words are manipulated to increase someones profit.

What is labor income, numbers coming in? Did the numbers someone is paid with, magically become valuable on their own?

People need to stop referering to numbers someone is paid with, as "money", because it is lying to the employee. It makes it appear as if the company or the employer is paying something of value to the employee, but all they are doing is managing the employees pay account.

How many Companies and employers will owe " labor income tax" back to the employee for using fear as a weapon to convince the employee they owe an "income" tax on their labor?

Employees are being used to create value for numbers (falsely referred as money) so those numbers can be collected for profit.
It makes the employee a slave. Not only is it illegal, but aLso unlawful. They just haven't figured it out yet.

Time will tell.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:47 AM

1,924 posts, read 2,372,934 times
Enough time has already passed to tell us that this thread would have been better moved at the outset to the Video Games forum.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:42 AM

21,828 posts, read 25,094,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinebike View Post
Malloric....a labor income??

It amazes me how words are manipulated to increase someones profit.

What is labor income, numbers coming in? Did the numbers someone is paid with, magically become valuable on their own?

People need to stop referering to numbers someone is paid with, as "money", because it is lying to the employee. It makes it appear as if the company or the employer is paying something of value to the employee, but all they are doing is managing the employees pay account.

How many Companies and employers will owe " labor income tax" back to the employee for using fear as a weapon to convince the employee they owe an "income" tax on their labor?

Employees are being used to create value for numbers (falsely referred as money) so those numbers can be collected for profit.
It makes the employee a slave. Not only is it illegal, but aLso unlawful. They just haven't figured it out yet.

Time will tell.
Probably no companies ever.

I do lots of labor and pay absolutely no income taxes on it because I don't receive income for it. Just right now I put a load of laundry in the washer. Later I'll have to fold that up, definitely the worst part. I've got to do some house work, wash the car, work on one of my motorcycles. Lots of labor to do this weekend, and I won't pay a labor tax on any of it because labor taxes don't exist in this country.

Of course, I could "enslave" someone to do this labor for me by giving them some of my "numbers falsely referred to as money" in the form of income for their labor. Odd jobs are often "not only illegal, but also unlawful" and done under the table, but to be "legal, and also lawful" the person receiving income for doing work for me should be paying taxes on the income they are receiving.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:43 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinebike View Post
Yeah, obviously those numbers people get paid in have no value...that's why I can use those numbers to buy all this **** that has value!

Like my home, my car, a flat screen TV, my computer...all these things that have resources and labor involved in their creation and they were bought all using those magical numbers I got paid in!

Old 06-01-2013, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Probably no companies ever.

I do lots of labor and pay absolutely no income taxes on it because I don't receive income for it. Just right now I put a load of laundry in the washer. Later I'll have to fold that up, definitely the worst part. I've got to do some house work, wash the car, work on one of my motorcycles. Lots of labor to do this weekend, and I won't pay a labor tax on any of it because labor taxes don't exist in this country.

Of course, I could "enslave" someone to do this labor for me by giving them some of my "numbers falsely referred to as money" in the form of income for their labor. Odd jobs are often "not only illegal, but also unlawful" and done under the table, but to be "legal, and also lawful" the person receiving income for doing work for me should be paying taxes on the income they are receiving.
Malloric, please be honest... the 700 you paid the employee, where did it come from?
What type of work are the employees doing, sales? Labor? If labor, then they are not your numbers to give.

Did those numbers come from the Federal Reserve agency...did those numbers come from a credit coupon or certificate?

Lets determine if your employee is receiving income from you, or if the employee is 'creating' value for the numbers received. Because if those numbers did not pre exist with value...then you did not give or lose anything of value...you just managed the employees pay account.

What is the value contained within the 700 numbers used to pay the employee *before* he worked, to determine what value that you lost.

Last edited by embe; 06-01-2013 at 11:35 PM..

Old 06-01-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Yeah, obviously those numbers people get paid in have no value...that's why I can use those numbers to buy all this **** that has value!

Like my home, my car, a flat screen TV, my computer...all these things that have resources and labor involved in their creation and they were bought all using those magical numbers I got paid in!
Value was added to the numbers from working. They would not exist if you did not work first.
Do you believe the numbers create value on their own?

Do you feel the numbers exist because of the employee's labor...or does the employee's labor exist because of the numbers?

To see it different..view the paper numbers (currency) as "receipts" you receive to show proof of your labor.

You work, then you are given receipts to verify you have worked.
The receipts are not the value, they only represent the value--> of your labor.

Likewise, the currency is not the value, it only represents the value--> of your labor. The currency is the *medium* of exchange, it is not the exchange.

Think of a receipt being printed out to represent the value of a tv. Would the receipt exist without the tv? Would the receipt contain more value than the tv? What is the receipt? Paper.

Would the currency exist without your labor? Would the currency contain more value than your skills or labor? What is the currency? Paper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics