Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 08:32 PM

3,661 posts, read 4,801,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
Senior staff earn about $5200 per month in which food and lodging are included in that number.

There is no way I'm being someone's personal bit#h for that amount of money. After a day, I'd probably tie the owner up, take a dump in his mouth, and line their precious yacht with explosives.

I'd rather wash dishes for minimum wage.
That's why I have worked the sportfishing end of the "yachting" world. The "yachty's I have been familiar with seem to dislike their jobs. Some of their boss's can be very demanding. I worked for a good boss who had a motor yacht as well as the sportfishing boat that I worked on. The yacht was crewed by Brits and a New Zealander. He hired them because they are more service oriented. For the sportfish he wanted an american crew because he wanted us to be able to guide him to the fish and not suck up. It seems on the sportfish he liked to cook and make drinks where on the yacht he had crew members for that. needless to say there seemed to be a bit of resentment towards us from the "yachty's". The steward wouldn't even buy drinks and assorted other things when stocking the yacht unless the boss and his family liked it. On a provision run in Panama we went shopping together and the yacht crew kept saying to us that we couldn't get such & such because the boss didn't like them. Oh well, we liked them. And the boss knew we always had a secret stash of junk and he would raid the sportfish. It was actually pretty funny.

Different world. From what I've seen, I could never work on a motor yacht but crewing on sportfishers has been my life. Similar but so different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 07:27 PM

12,999 posts, read 18,838,989 times
I would like to add that while I think Mitt Romney would have been a rotten president, he may not be that bad to work for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics