Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 02:06 PM

329 posts, read 460,291 times

Advertisements

it s not about me me me ... it s about screwing up your own life and expecting people to save you.

I see people drinking, smoking, using drug.... then we have to help them...

that s the problem, if people didn't have free health care they would be better. in 10 years usa will be like France...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 03:47 PM

5,641 posts, read 24,944,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapcharly View Post
well I want free health care and I don't want to pay for that.

Of course nothing in this world is free but you can believe in anything you want.

You can get health care without money by going to any emergency room with a problem and claiming poverty. The rest of us will wind up paying.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:07 PM

827 posts, read 1,089,473 times
Quote:
it s not about me me me ... it s about screwing up your own life and expecting people to save you.

that s the problem, if people didn't have free health care they would be better. in 10 years usa will be like France...
Did you not post you want free healthcare and don't want to pay anything for it?

Old 07-07-2013, 07:42 PM

1,924 posts, read 2,373,072 times
Quote:
in 10 years usa will be like France...
That would be great. We'd have just about the best overall health care in the world and pay about one-third less for it.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:10 PM

329 posts, read 460,291 times
sorry my mistake... i want affordable health care.
I want something cheap.

not a health care when people come to emergency for a bee bite or thinking they have a brain cancer and want a scan because they got headache by staying too long on their pc...

Old 07-08-2013, 08:41 PM

651 posts, read 862,412 times
So health insurance is the main driver for the cost of health care?

Last time I checked, procedures that are elective and paid for out of pocket have all fallen in price.

so what differs from this sector to other health care costs? Why the steady increase in cost?

So we all have car insurance to drive our cars. So how does car insurance effect the cost of making cars?

It doesn't.

so how would having health insurance effect the cost of health care? Wouldn't it actually get more expensive?

It's like the cost of college. Government backed school loans drove up the price of school, because now the lender has no risk of lending. kids can afford more per year with loans. sure its worse for prices and the student, but who cares about them right?

How about government backed home loans. that did great for home prices.....yea bubble. increased prices. basically anyhting the government touches increases the price.

they produce no wealth, they only have what it takes from others.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:59 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,035,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Will Obama care force the hospitals to stop running up our bills so they can care for the illegals? If not the whole thing is just a scam
Speaking of running up bills, anyone with a hospital bill should go over every detail of it. And if you happen to be well enough and conscious when the staff comes around to do "tests" make sure you ask them who ordered it and what it is for. I had someone come to take an xray (that had absolutely NOTHING to do with why I was there). I questioned it, turned down the test, and asked to speak to the doctor who ordered it. Guess what. They dropped it; the doctor never did explain why it was ordered but as I suspected, it was completely worthless in my case and unneeded. Just another way to pad the bill and give me more radiation that I don't need.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:26 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
The question is to what degree we have to help them (or anyone else).
Most are rather uncomfortable having that conversation.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:03 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Speaking of running up bills, anyone with a hospital bill should go over every detail of it. And if you happen to be well enough and conscious when the staff comes around to do "tests" make sure you ask them who ordered it and what it is for. I had someone come to take an xray (that had absolutely NOTHING to do with why I was there). I questioned it, turned down the test, and asked to speak to the doctor who ordered it. Guess what. They dropped it; the doctor never did explain why it was ordered but as I suspected, it was completely worthless in my case and unneeded. Just another way to pad the bill and give me more radiation that I don't need.
this is why one of the major things needed in health care reform is for the patient to either take on more of the cost or benefit from less spending. I know we don't want people to turn down needed care to save money; but without an incentive to reduce costs people will get any test and anything done that the doctor says. I don't have dental insurance and so when I go to the dentist; I ask how much things cost. right away, they know I don't have insurance because people who have insurance don't care what things cost.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:35 PM

1,924 posts, read 2,373,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I don't have dental insurance and so when I go to the dentist; I ask how much things cost. right away, they know I don't have insurance because people who have insurance don't care what things cost.
How do you tell whether the price they give you makes the service a good deal or not? Do you know a lot about dental care procedures and costs? Do you know what the difference between quoted cost and an insurance company's allowance is? Do you not just end up taking the expert advice that you retain doctors and dentists to provide you with in the first place? I don't see how you are any better off as a patient simply for not having insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics