Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 04:54 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times

Advertisements

Looks like there is a growing demand for servants on super yachts owned by billionaires.

This article is really interesting look into the lives of the super rich and those that serve them .

With middle class disappearing this is becoming a new reality .

Demand for butlers is also on the rise!

Who wants to serve a billionaire?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 09:56 PM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
I bet it would be interesting, and perhaps challenging in some respects. I also don't think too many people are cut out for it. Like the article said, these rich folks are looking for servants without any baggage. That means no immediate family to attend to. Ideally, that would mean someone young and unattached. You also have to roll with the punches if insults are slung. Again, many people have trouble doing that.

I would give it a go if the opportunity presented itself, and I for one don't begrudge others for their success. Sounds like the job itself is quite well paying for the nature of the work.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:59 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Yeah I could see that they could save some money since they don't have housing costs or food costs while working. Also probably not many opportunities to spend. I met someone that works on one of these yachts owned by a very rich person. He is a chef and makes about $120k or so. Apparently the yacht isn't even used that much . Of course he still has to work, but I imagine the time when the yacht is not being used for entertaining or by the owner would be less demanding.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,171 times
Well, I don't mind serving a millionaire if I had a heavy check by the end of the month LOL.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:50 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,731,637 times
I already serve a whole boatload of millionaires. They refer to themselves as "upper management".

Old 07-17-2013, 05:43 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
I was interested in the comment that these people don't think of money as do you and I.

It's hard to imagine having so much money that is so safely invested that just the proceeds from investments leave you with more than you know what to do with - and these folks also have problems in their lives.

I would think that it would get very boring, eventually, purchasing things that most people are chasing after in the world. I can understand that, to give meaning to your life, you would want to tackle a problem like world hunger or potable water in the third world or the irradiation of certain diseases or global warming. Not that we all should not care about such things, but most of us are busy chasing th the buck just to stay alive.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:25 AM

3,516 posts, read 7,781,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
It's hard to imagine having so much money that is so safely invested that just the proceeds from investments leave you with more than you know what to do with - and these folks also have problems in their lives.
As the saying goes, "Money can't buy you happiness". But you can certainly rent it. Not having to worry about money solves most problems, but not all of them.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:43 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
I would gladly serve a billionaire to the next Grizzly that come along. With salmon salad.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:24 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,053,995 times
Senior staff earn about $5200 per month in which food and lodging are included in that number.

There is no way I'm being someone's personal bit#h for that amount of money. After a day, I'd probably tie the owner up, take a dump in his mouth, and line their precious yacht with explosives.

I'd rather wash dishes for minimum wage.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:31 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,903,092 times
Warren Buffett I wouldn't mind working for, I wouldn't work five minutes for Donald Trump. Not sure about Bill Gates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics