Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 06:39 AM

1,924 posts, read 2,374,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
That's ok, I'm doing a bit better than restaurant management.
Me too. I've got the restaurant of course, and then I direct one charity and sit on the board of another, I still dabble in the old gig of economic research and analysis, and all that while actually kicking back in semi-retirement. Life is good!

Quote:
Owning a restaurant - no thanks. Not my dream. Have too many friends who do this - bad profit margins, bad hours, bad working conditions, major personnel issues, very low barrier to entry - that is why any yahoo can try to do it. And before you mention it, I also have no interest in coffee shops or Ebay or bread routes. I'll stick to my market where my corporate customers actually have multi-million dollar budgets - not a $10 Groupon - and require expertise you can't garner from "Restaurant Management For Dummies." Sad.
Obviously I'm not a food-runner, and the store I take care of grosses $300K in a good week. Not sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Yes, so your previous point that they are fleeing the country is without merit.
Whose point was that? Is there a language barrier here?

Old 08-11-2013, 06:49 AM

Quote:
"Wealthy people" (and people who are becoming wealthy) typically don't have a victim mentality and are proactive on things like estate planning and taking advantage of tax sheltering.
Yes, that accounts for perhaps 1% of the population. Nobody else has any need at all of protection from elephant stampedes.

Quote:
But by all means, keep assuming that the masses are idiots and incapable of such planning to defer/shelter taxes. Not everyone can be as smart as you. They should "heed your advice" and stick their heads in the sand.
Everyone probably could be as smart as me (there's no great secret to it), but the ones who aren't don't do themselves any favors by parading the fact around in the streets. My advice again is to do what you love and invest in what you know. And of course not to listen to people trying to sell you products and services that you will never need.

Quote:
A complete fabrication which is readily apparent to anyone who read my posts.
I read them. Came to a very different conclusion. And I'm a smart guy, after all.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:38 PM

125 posts, read 167,539 times
Quote:
But by all means, keep assuming that the masses are idiots and incapable of such planning to defer/shelter taxes. Not everyone can be as smart as you. They should "heed your advice" and stick their heads in the sand.
Yes, unfortunately this is a common problem for me as well, and I do realize that superior intelligence is only given to a select few of us. All the more reason why the plebs should listen to what our group has to say and stick their heads in the sand without questioning superior beings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics