U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 06:01 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,101,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Unfocused and lazy my ASS! How much a jerk can you be? I graduated college, have five years of work experience and continued my education to become a CPC while working full time for the past year and you call me lazy? Go to HELL JACKASS!
If you're 25 and have sat on unemployment since graduation how can you have five years of experience?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 06:08 PM

5,366 posts, read 6,030,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
If you're 25 and have sat on unemployment since graduation how can you have five years of experience?
I had a job as a server for 2.5 years throughout highschool, I bartended and did other bar work stuff for a year in a half, six months at Starbucks, and a year most recently in health insurance. I graduated college in 2011 and I was unemployed for a year before I found my job in health insurance.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
So you have made a choice to leave a job you like for a personal change? You can not blame the economy for that. This would also not put you in the category of "the millions who are suffering" across the world. Do you truly know what "suffering" is?

Also, a business mgmt. bachelors degree and extroversion are a dime a dozen. The CPC specialization could be a good plan (though I know nothing about it).

And no, I don't feel people with degrees/cert. are all entitled to full-time work. Actually, I have a hard time accepting entitlement mentality coming from able-bodied adults.

Sorry to be harsh, but you sound like you need a reality check. How were you raised? Just curious.
How was I raised? That is none of your business and it is quite a broad question. But maybe in summary I can say it was a lower middle class upbringing. I think my mother did a very good job with making sure I did good in school and worked hard. She raised my brother and I alone most of the time.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
No, just providing you a dose of reality...which you seem to sorely need.

You are lying by saying you have 5 years of experience, at least in your given field. As in 2009 you stated you were entering senior year, and a bartender. You already posted a thread on this so it's not like it's hard to disprove. You stated you had a year of work after being unemployed after graduation (assuming 2010 graduation to 2012 unemployed, 2012 to 2013 employed) in this thread...so you actually have 1 year of experience outside of slinging drinks.

Working a job and getting a certification is not going to wow me like you think. I spent a number of years working and getting a double masters. If you want to spend a few years working from 7:30 in the morning till class ends at 9:30 at night a number of days a week, then time for studying, projects, and such...I would be impressed.

I worked in coding offices, and quite honestly even starting out after a BA in business I earned more than most of the CPC's in our office. I will even include the survey results from the AAPC of the salary ranges. It's certainly meticulous work, but it's not rocket science...or even to the difficulty of doing well in finance classes.

Frankly if you are going to sit around drinking and feeling sorry for yourself, lying to yourself, and becoming enraged when people point out very obvious issues (even across the internet) that are harming how you are perceived....there is no wonder why you were unemployed for 2 years. These are major red flags to employers, and the people around you.

These issues, more than the economy, are likely going to affect how quickly you find a job in your new location.

The truth isn't always nice, but people come out better dealing with it then they would be ignoring it.

I provided a link to where it was described to you why U-6 was not a great measure, and argued at length. Frankly if you don't care, or simply won't listen, I don't see why we need to rehash your willful ignorance again here. You can certainly restart that thread and hash it with other people if anyone will continue it in PT&OC.
Don't tell me I am lying you jackass. You know jack **** about my life. And I drink, maybe twice a week. Today the only thing I drank was coffee, so don't post a accusing me of being a drunk or something. And kudos to you for your work ethic, but don't you dare call me lazy when I am anything but.

You are just a vile person so stay away from my thread please.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:30 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,311,050 times
Quote:
Don't tell me I am lying you jackass. You know jack **** about my life. And I drink, maybe twice a week. Today the only thing I drank was coffee, so don't post a accusing me of being a drunk or something. And kudos to you for your work ethic, but don't you dare call me lazy when I am anything but.

You are just a vile person so stay away from my thread please.
My opinion is not the minority here. You can sit here flinging childish insults at me, but it won't repair the true issues until you grow up and accept the bad with the good. I'm not the one complaining about several years of unemployment, and blaming anything else I can.

I hope you do find a job quickly. I think the likelihood though might be another extended stint of unemployment.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:42 PM

20,376 posts, read 18,415,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
Wait, you quit a job and are moving to another state WITH NO OTHER job lined up? Oh, to be young again!

Listen, most of your problems stem from your age. You couldn't pay me to be in my 20's again! It's probably one of the most difficult times of your life, with the exception of aging and needing a caregiver.

To make matters even more difficult, you quit two weeks ago and are still living in the same city? No words for that decision.

Well, it probably will all turn out for the best....don't worry. It's in your 20's that you can make mistakes, learn from them and grow. Good luck on that exam! It should help you hopeful score another job.
If its the age of 25 then perhaps you could explain why two generation ago people aged 25 were working. I am all for making the best of things, but this economy, or any other, can be isolated on its own merits. I already told him to brew his own.

This will also cut 10% costs on bread with using wild yeast:

//www.city-data.com/forum/self-...ard-cider.html

Drinking hard cider made from peach skins right now, pitched with yeast from mulberries in the summer. Making the best out of nothing....

Now back to why its different today.....The answer is the same for thousands of years, the large estate.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 08-21-2013 at 07:51 PM..

Old 08-21-2013, 08:08 PM

7,139 posts, read 10,466,703 times
Quote:
Do you all really think things will ever get good again?
No, never. The 1%ers have raped this country economically. They have exported all of our jobs overseas. They took all the profits from corporate welfare, and tax breaks that voters foolishly gave them and took that overseas. If you think they will ever bring all that loot back, you are crazy.

Now lets all blame Obama for the mess that he inherited. That will solve our problems.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:34 PM

621 posts, read 629,188 times
Quote:
... I'm not the one complaining about several years of unemployment, and blaming anything else I can.
But for the grace of God there go I
Quote:

I hope you do find a job quickly. I think the likelihood though might be another extended stint of unemployment.
And that would reflect the macro economic picture not his attitude or work ethic.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:02 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,814,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
If its the age of 25 then perhaps you could explain why two generation ago people aged 25 were working. I am all for making the best of things, but this economy, or any other, can be isolated on its own merits. I already told him to brew his own.

This will also cut 10% costs on bread with using wild yeast:

//www.city-data.com/forum/self-...ard-cider.html

Drinking hard cider made from peach skins right now, pitched with yeast from mulberries in the summer. Making the best out of nothing....

Now back to why its different today.....The answer is the same for thousands of years, the large estate.
Ummm, yeah, right. Did we have a discussion about hard cider? Okay, no we didn't.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
My opinion is not the minority here. You can sit here flinging childish insults at me, but it won't repair the true issues until you grow up and accept the bad with the good. I'm not the one complaining about several years of unemployment, and blaming anything else I can.

And I can't wait to prove you wrong. . This thread is about the economy. Try to stay on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics