Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 03:22 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times

Advertisements

The Super Rich are mad as hell - and doing great - Jan. 28, 2014

Can we please stop hurting their feelings?... I think someone needs to start a charity .

Can we please stop attacking these billionaires? It's getting out of hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 04:22 PM

5,477 posts, read 6,302,778 times
Quote:
It's getting out of hand.
Yes, it is. Just like everything else with you left wingers do. Shut up, get a job and earn your own pile instead of constantly stamping your feet and demanding someone elses.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:47 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,293,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
Yes, it is. Just like everything else with you left wingers do. Shut up, get a job and earn your own pile instead of constantly stamping your feet and demanding someone elses.
Considering blue states provide more federal revenue than red states maybe it is you that should get a job. This argument is such bs I get sick of it. Go get your free Safelink phone that Bush signed for while you're at it.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:58 PM

1,380 posts, read 2,397,877 times
The most ridiculous thing in that article wasn't the statement by the rich guy. He's professionally out of touch. It's to be expected. What's truly crazy is that the list of solutions to our inequality at the end are labelled as "far left." Nationalizing banks would be far left, ok I'll give them that one. But we did just have a collosal financial meltdown, after all, in which the government had to step in and save the day. The rest are hardly even left at all. Taxing unearned income at the same rate as earned income? Straight of out of the pages of Marx!!! (Sarcasm)

Old 01-28-2014, 07:18 PM

1,855 posts, read 3,609,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
Boy, just like a typical lib, you make so many ASSumptions, don't you. I live in RI (the bluest of the blue), pay for my own phone (4 of them actually), pay my taxes, live within my means, provide my family with health insurance, and have never taken so much as a dime in taxpayer handouts - EVER. How pathetically typical of you to start throwing such simple minded sterotypes out there as soon as someone challenges your self-entitled elistist garbage. You libs all claim to be the kings of compassion and tolernance when in fact most of you are the absolute worst types of hypocrites. Shouldn't you be at a Harry Reid fundraiser?

Now, I'm going to quit posting in this thread before I really get mad.

Calm down, pal. After Obamacare kicks in you'll finally be able to get the meds you so desperately need.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:07 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

The attacks are unproductive..an absolute waste of time.

OWS' time would be better spent Occupying a Work Station.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:09 PM

1,855 posts, read 3,609,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
The attacks are unproductive..an absolute waste of time.

OWS' time would be better spent Occupying a Work Station.
Right, they are just one more minimum wage job with no benefits away from freedom.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:26 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,225,008 times
As soon as I saw the name Schwarzman and the term Nazi - that was enough for me. Watch the documentary 740 Park Ave.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:18 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
Right, they are just one more minimum wage job with no benefits away from freedom.
That beats their $0 OWS pay.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:21 AM

654 posts, read 945,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
The Super Rich are mad as hell - and doing great - Jan. 28, 2014

Can we please stop hurting their feelings?... I think someone needs to start a charity .

I'm telling you, the billionaires have it rough! If we keep taxing them, not only will they have to cut down to 15 or so mansions, but they might also have to get rid of the car elevators, put off buying the 10th 200 ft yacht, and reduce the illegal immigrant estate staff. I feel for these poor, poor billionaires, I really do. I'm an empathetic, compassionate person, and I hate to see anyone experience true suffering, real adversity, hardship of such crippling magnitude. No one, absolutely no one deserves an existence of such penury, such bitter poverty. It's truly heartbreaking. The billionaires always, always fight for us, so let's fight for them! Let's all do what's right and fight for our billionaire brothers and sisters! We cannot tax the billionaires, we must not tax the billionaires! Come on everybody, shout it with me now! All together now!

Last edited by The King of Um; 01-29-2014 at 09:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics