Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 07:53 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,508,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Oh no, $4 a gallon.

Oh please. Welcome to the rest of the world. Gasoline is so undervalued here in relation to the rest of the planet that it is laughable. Hell milk is more expensive. UK is about 4 pounds + per gallon (US) That makes it the better part of $7-8.

Don't like the prices, drive less, or be more fuel efficient.
1. Isn't the price of gas so high in Britain because of high taxes on the gas itself not just the per barrel cost of oil.

2. I not concerned about the price of milk because I'm lactose intolerant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 01:10 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,287,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
1. Isn't the price of gas so high in Britain because of high taxes on the gas itself not just the per barrel cost of oil.

2. I not concerned about the price of milk because I'm lactose intolerant.
1) yes, but I was referring to people who lament the end of western civilization when the thought of $4 a gallon comes. You and I and everyone else will pay what it takes, because we won't walk 20 miles to work.

2) Please feel free to substitue the beverage of your choice. I think beer works out to be about $12 or so.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:18 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,508,145 times
Default yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
1) yes, but I was referring to people who lament the end of western civilization when the thought of $4 a gallon comes. You and I and everyone else will pay what it takes, because we won't walk 20 miles to work.

2) Please feel free to substitue the beverage of your choice. I think beer works out to be about $12 or so.
1.On the first point agreed.

2. Yeah. that's about what it costs to get a couple of Sammy Adams down at my bar of choice.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:42 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
The rise in oil prices is just a reminder of how much value our dollars have lost. As for supplies, peak oil has been known for decades. I for one look forward to expensive oil and a retreat from the suburbs. The whole economy needs to change, and unless it does, we are really going to be in a bad place.
Don't worry about peak oil. There is plenty.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:33 AM

31 posts, read 69,848 times
according to this news, which Market can we start to trade at?
Trade at Forex on OIL or on EUR/USD or buying a Gold real or in Forex market ?
what do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics