Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 12:08 AM

28 posts, read 39,076 times

Advertisements

Their inner feelings of inferiority and their belief they won't live up to our goals or accomplishments?
-Dr Gordon PhD Clinical Psychology Class of 1963.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 12:21 AM

3,830 posts, read 4,660,669 times
no

Old 12-30-2014, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
no
State your case young man. So many millenials give up so young. When I was 25 and with a MBA in hand I was offered a job in senior management at IBM. You kids fail to make the world your oyster of opportunity and success.

Last edited by Dr Gordon; 12-30-2014 at 12:42 AM..

Old 12-30-2014, 12:41 AM

15,637 posts, read 26,239,886 times
Yes -- but what do we expect when everything has been handed to them with little or no effort? You raise kids with the belief that showing up gets you a trophy, that the way to an "A" is to browbeat and threaten the teacher, that their widdle pwecious num-num should never ever have to work hard at all....

You end up with whiny adult incapable of achieving anything on his own because WE NEVER TAUGHT THEM TO. They have no coping skills, except for whining it isn't fair.

Guess what? Life isn't fair. The first time I made spaghetti sauce, it was pink because I didn't know to brown the meat(it wasn't listed in the recipe, as you were supposed to put cooked meatballs in, and that fact didn't sink in). I now make great spaghetti sauce. The first time I made Pineapple Upside Down cake, I blew up the Pyrex dish, because I didn't know you shouldn't use that on the flame. I now make great cakes.

My mother let me fall down in the cooking department, and I've learned from that. We decided our children weren't allowed to fail. Dumbest thing I ever witnessed.

This message is brought to you by the "Get Off My Lawn" council.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gordon View Post
State your case young man. So many millenials give up so young. When I was 25 and with a MBA in hand I was offered a job in senior management at IBM. You kids fail to make the world your oyster of opportunity and success.
State the case that millennial do first. You've shown nothing to back up your claims.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:46 AM

Quote:
State the case that millennial do first. You've shown nothing to back up your claims.
Do I need to explain the theory of projection to you? You can't live in denial forever young man.

Old 12-30-2014, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Also let me get this straight. You have a PhD in psychology and an MBA and went to work for ibm?

Keep trolling. You're just another old geezer with a screw loose. Nothing new

Old 12-30-2014, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Also let me get this straight. You have a PhD in psychology and an MBA and went to work for ibm?

Keep trolling. You're just another old geezer with a screw loose. Nothing new
Yes. I graduated High School in 1951, went on to get my Bachelor's in 1955, and worked a few years as a manager of a drive in theater before going back to college for my MBA (graduating in 1959). From there I was offered a senior management position at IBM which I worked part time while I completed my PhD in Psychology so I could be promoted to VP in 1963. Is that too complex for you?
What's your life story son?

Old 12-30-2014, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Yes. I graduated High School in 1951, went on to get my Bachelor's in 1955, and worked a few years as a manager of a drive in theater before going back to college for my MBA (graduating in 1959). From there I was offered a senior management position at IBM which I worked part time while I completed my PhD in Psychology so I could be promoted to VP in 1963. Is that too complex for you?
You're lying.

People don't get hired into "senior management" with an MBA only to work part time in order to get a PhD. Also, you don't get a doctorate in 4 years part time.

Is there any other bull manure you want me to swallow?

Finally you never supported your initial claim. Please do so, gramps, so I can refute your silly argument.

Old 12-30-2014, 01:08 AM

Quote:
You're lying.

People don't get hired into "senior management" with an MBA only to work part time in order to get a PhD. Also, you don't get a doctorate in 4 years part time.

Is there any other bull manure you want me to swallow?

Finally you never supported your initial claim. Please do so, gramps, so I can refute your silly argument.
I made a good impression on my boss, I made sure to show him respect and I was an overall good person. That's why I started out as a senior manager. Plus I DID have management experience. Jobs are out there young man. You can end up just like me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics