Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 10:00 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times

Advertisements

Our spendthrift manner will do more damage to our economy and credit lifestyle in the next couple of decades than a few years of contraction will do the Russians. They know how to do without and will survive the crunch. We are the ones that will learn that attacking Russia in any way will cost us more then we can afford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2015, 10:54 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,187,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Saudi and/or OPEC don't raise prices fwiw and they have done a poor job historically keeping oil in a price range they want.
Oh.

U.S. Oil Falls to 3-Year Low on Saudi Price Cut - Bloomberg

Old 01-03-2015, 12:02 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,565,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post

And what? Saudi's changed their price of Arab light oil, not the oil market. West Texas Intermediate fell per the article. And OPEC doesn't set the market price while they do have influence it's the oversupply and falling demand that's moving the prices currently. If those two things didn't exist the Saudis cut is meaningless

Old 01-03-2015, 12:05 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,770,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Maybe. But Russians aren't as wimpy as Americans and people in other Western countries. They'll suck it up.
True. The Russians are a tough people and more primitive than in the west. They have a lot of soul and I like the fact that Russians are not a revengeful people. But I wouldn't want to be a Russian, ethnic or otherwise. Speaking of a revengeful people us Americans are very revengeful in our nature. If you disagree go right ahead because I will admit when I am wrong.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:30 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,770,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etelaxus View Post
I am Russian, believe me, I know, everybody wants you to take revenge.
Who do they want to take revenge on?

Old 01-04-2015, 12:44 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
Its simply the same ole economic warfare seen more and more now days. I won't want to be living in Russia. But then looking just recently Putin as has acted against opposition; same as Cuba has.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:19 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,284,875 times
Quote:
Not happening here anytime soon despite your doom and gloom predictions
We will see.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
We will see.
What's your timeframe for your prediction and will you eat crow when it doesn't happen ?

Old 01-04-2015, 07:42 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,284,875 times
Quote:
What's your timeframe for your prediction and will you eat crow when it doesn't happen ?
Will you eat crow when it does? The entire so called economic recovery has been predicated on two elements, one was QE which has now ended, and the other is the oil boom which is quickly turning into the oil bust.

The stock market is supported by borrowed money, fantasy P/E ratios, and corporate stock buy backs.
The derivatives market is at all time highs, the bond market is exposed in some less than stable areas.
The demographics of the country spell recession with the boomers turning geriatric and the millennials in no position to take their place.

As South America, Russia, the EU, and Japan fall into recession, the rest of the world will soon follow.

But hey, I might be wrong, so why don't you go the other way and margin every cent you have into the market and then you can gloat when you make millions... or not.

Old 01-04-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Will you eat crow when it does? The entire so called economic recovery has been predicated on two elements, one was QE which has now ended, and the other is the oil boom which is quickly turning into the oil bust.

The stock market is supported by borrowed money, fantasy P/E ratios, and corporate stock buy backs.
The derivatives market is at all time highs, the bond market is exposed in some less than stable areas.
The demographics of the country spell recession with the boomers turning geriatric and the millennials in no position to take their place.

As South America, Russia, the EU, and Japan fall into recession, the rest of the world will soon follow.

But hey, I might be wrong, so why don't you go the other way and margin every cent you have into the market and then you can gloat when you make millions... or not.

Sure I can eat crow. Another poster did a fine job at showing your constantly negative posts of the past. Have you ever had a positive outlook?

Fwiw I can't margin my retirement accounts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics