Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 08:31 PM

657 posts, read 695,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
sigh!?!?

I've explained this on the C.D. forums before when this issue comes up. I even thought about getting one of my old posts and re-posting it but I don't feel like it now.

You people sit on here and argue about a dilemma with out a problem or a solution. And there's not meant to be one.

As you know if taxpayers didn't subsidize businesses and they were forced to pay people enough to live without government assistance then they'll either raise their prices forcing you to subsidize the higher wages anyway or take the jobs away to a lower cost environment. Leaving the unemployed to be taken care of by government programs. Either way you pay.

So let's get rid of or abolish the minimum wage and have more jobs. That sounds fantastic except for the fact that even lower wages would require more government assistance for these same people.

So what do we do?

Nothing! What? Yes, nothing because there's nothing to be done. The way it's set up the people at the top of the heap have the house slaves paying for the field slaves no matter what you do.

You want to raise wages to a "living" wage you'll pay higher prices or lose the jobs.

You want lower wages for the lower classes? Have fun with higher taxes.

There's no way out. The people without enough skills to earn a decent wage. Which is well over half the population now will be subsidized by their fellow serfs no matter what. And the people at the top will keep getting richer. You know why?

Because that's how the system works. Them who have gets and them who don't, don't. It's the natural order of things for pretty much all of human history.

As George Carlin said, "They got you by the balls."
You don't think bringing all these folks into the workforce (no minimum wage) won't have any impact?

I'm not sure this would fix all our issues, but I bet prices of necessities would immediately drop helping those with low wages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 08:38 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,316,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Neither approaches solves the actual problem:
too many no/low skilled people for too few no/low skilled jobs.

A reorganization of welfare programs that can find some other place for the 20-40
million pool of surplus to ride it out could work if we're willing to insist that it include
measures to not allow the regeneration of that pool of surplus.

Get them out of the equation.
Also the heart of the matter. Excess labor. Too many people for too few jobs.

MrRational always chimes in on this issue too from my past experiences with this topic and points out the problem in a nutshell.

You can send people to college or trade school to "up their skills" until your ears bleed and a good amount would come out with more debt, more skills and no where to use them.

And then you have tadaaahhhh.... The Trillion Dollar Student Loan Bubble.

Trade in one set of problems for another. Isn't it grand? LOL

It's almost like some kind of Alanis Morissette song, "Isn't it ironic. Don't you think?"

Old 01-18-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasotaBound1 View Post
You don't think bringing all these folks into the workforce (no minimum wage) won't have any impact?

I'm not sure this would fix all our issues, but I bet prices of necessities would immediately drop helping those with low wages.
Reading comprehension? You must not have read closely.

Don't you get it? There is no problem. It just is. There is no solution.

TPTB don't seem too concerned about it. They leave it as an issue like the Riddler from Bat Man would. Or like a Rubik's Cube to occupy a child for a bit well mommy cleans or something.

"They" will continue to print the money, own the media, own the corporations, buy the politicians, get richer, buy more mansions and yachts etc...

While the top 30.8% of the population argues and complains about paying for the other 69%.

It's a nice football issue to occupy the serfs, like a cat playing with a yarn ball, while "they" cart the loot out the front door.

Last edited by CK78; 01-18-2015 at 10:03 PM..

Old 01-18-2015, 09:03 PM

657 posts, read 695,496 times
Quote:
Reading comprehension? You must not have read closely.

TPTB don't seem too concerned about it. They leave it as an issue like the Riddler from Bat Man would. Or like a Rubik's Cube to occupy a child for a bit well mommy cleans or something.

"They" will continue to print the money, own the media, own the corporations, buy the politicians, get richer, buy more mansions and yachts etc...

While the top 30.8% of the population argues and complains about paying for the other 69.2%.

It's a nice football issue to occupy the serfs, like a cat playing with a yarn ball, while "they" cart the loot out the front door.
There is an issue and the issue is far from what you describe.

The serfs are the one asking for handouts and for government interventions for the good of equality.

Do the rich buy off the media? Sure, to repeat the nonsense people want to hear.

It's us that are the issue, we are just plain dumb...

Old 01-19-2015, 06:52 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
sigh!?!?

I've explained this on the C.D. forums before when this issue comes up. I even thought about getting one of my old posts and re-posting it but I don't feel like it now.

You people sit on here and argue about a dilemma with out a problem or a solution. And there's not meant to be one.

As you know if taxpayers didn't subsidize businesses and they were forced to pay people enough to live without government assistance then they'll either raise their prices forcing you to subsidize the higher wages anyway or take the jobs away to a lower cost environment. Leaving the unemployed to be taken care of by government programs. Either way you pay.

So let's get rid of or abolish the minimum wage and have more jobs. That sounds fantastic except for the fact that even lower wages would require more government assistance for these same people.

So what do we do?

Nothing! What? Yes, nothing because there's nothing to be done. The way it's set up the people at the top of the heap have the house slaves paying for the field slaves no matter what you do.

You want to raise wages to a "living" wage you'll pay higher prices or lose the jobs.

You want lower wages for the lower classes? Have fun with higher taxes.

There's no way out. The people without enough skills to earn a decent wage. Which is well over half the population now will be subsidized by their fellow serfs no matter what. And the people at the top will keep getting richer. You know why?

Because that's how the system works. Them who have gets and them who don't, don't. It's the natural order of things for pretty much all of human history.

As George Carlin said, "They got you by the balls."
Yes and no. It won't be as scary as you think it is.

Not true either. Most of those jobs are gone. Walmart isn't going to be sending jobs over seas, can easily pay enough so taxpayers aren't subsidizing and not raising prices..

Old 01-19-2015, 10:58 AM

18,548 posts, read 15,586,958 times
Quote:
Lol... So maybe we should keep them unemployed, that will surely help us.

Here is an idea, but shaggy. Don't tell anyone, I'm going to patent it. Maybe, just maybe, builders will build more rental units helping offset that demand. Heck, maybe we can get the unemployed to help build them. Maybe we can get some of them to buy homes.

You really have no clue about rental rates, do you?
In some areas it is difficult to build more housing due to strict codes and zoning rules.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Yes and no. It won't be as scary as you think it is.

Not true either. Most of those jobs are gone. Walmart isn't going to be sending jobs over seas, can easily pay enough so taxpayers aren't subsidizing and not raising prices..
They "could" but they will not. Why would these businessman pay more than "market value"?

Do you really think they're going to pay more than they have to get a desperate slave to work for them.

Let me show you what's up:

See that yacht or ship in this link?
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/201.../#.VL1ukuk5DIV

That's not cheap to run and the servants to run it and serve on it need to be paid their stipend.

By 2016 they're going to have even more:

Prison Planet.com » Report: Richest 1% to Own More Than Rest by 2016

Couple great comments from the bottom:
"Corrupt Government • 11 minutes ago
When I was a little kid, I asked "how come the CEO of that company makes 100 million a year, and he is paying his employees minimum wage?"
"How can that be LEGAL?!?!" I asked.
That was back in 1980."

"silly • 3 hours ago
The combined lifetime efforts of all the children of the 99% cannot equal the financial, political, social, military, and ownership dominance of a single child born to a 1 percenter who applies no effort throughout life."

For the house slaves who comprise the good blue collar trades/jobs and the top 20% of white collar work that still exists and who still have a decent lifestyle and/or comfortable retirement. I suggest that you be happy with your lot in life in having to subsidize the field slaves.

Their lot is paycheck to paycheck drudgery in drug ridden neighborhoods or otherwise undesirable places to live and living conditions. Be happy you're not one of them and were able to move up "to the masters chambers" where you are given the greater illusion of freedom.

Because "they" are not done acquiring wealth. By next year as the article says they're going to have even more and so on and so on. So like I said if you're fortunate enough to be a house slave the appropriate attitude would be to be thankful for your lot instead of complaining to those who could care less about subsidizing your fellow serfs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q

Last edited by CK78; 01-19-2015 at 01:53 PM..

Old 01-19-2015, 01:24 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
In some areas it is difficult to build more housing due to strict codes and zoning rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Walmart isn't going to be sending jobs over seas, can easily pay enough so taxpayers aren't subsidizing and not raising prices..
Tax-payers don't have to subsidize squat, which is the fatal flaw in your non-economic emotional-based argument.

Quote:
I like it.

That's good way of framing it.

It's on a par with complaining that you don't like the color of our Sun.

Quote:
No, because I live in the Real World.

Quote:
You didn't get a globe Christmas, did you?

Nope, too bad.

If and when you ever do get a globe, you'll notice that the US isn't the only State on this huge Earth.

There are many States, and thanks to BRICS, those States are no longer forced under threat of death to give you their money so that you can have a bloated extravagant Standard of Living.

Since their money --- that belongs to them --- is now staying in their State, they are consuming goods, which places Demand-pressure on many commodities creating Demand-pull Inflation which drives up prices.

Those earning the minimum wages in the US cannot afford to buy some items due to Demand-pull Inflation.

That's sad, really.

But there is a happy ending here.

Those people can learn to prioritize.

Yeah, prioritize. What's more important to them? A tattoo or having NetFlix?

A difficult choice to be sure that would stymie MENSA members, but it doesn't require $600,000 in Guaranteed Student Loans to get a PhD to make that choice......it merely requires a brain and some common sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Moving is expensive. You can't afford to.

The Lame Excuse Forum for Losers is over that-a-way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I recommed reading Nickle and Dimed in America. I good "expose" on ehat living at minimum wage looks like.
It's filled with lies.

She's just an ungrateful moron that thinks she's entitled to everything "just because."

If you go through her book, there's a solution for every phony problem she invented.

Government assistance is not a requirement....

Mircea

Old 01-19-2015, 04:47 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,218,833 times
Quote:
They "could" but they will not. Why would these businessman pay more than "market value"?

Do you really think they're going to pay more than they have to get a desperate slave to work for them.

Let me show you what's up:

See that yacht or ship in this link?
Richest 1% will hold half of global wealth in 2016, Oxfam says | The Japan Times

That's not cheap to run and the servants to run it and serve on it need to be paid their stipend.

By 2016 they're going to have even more:

Prison Planet.com » Report: Richest 1% to Own More Than Rest by 2016

Couple great comments from the bottom:
"Corrupt Government • 11 minutes ago
When I was a little kid, I asked "how come the CEO of that company makes 100 million a year, and he is paying his employees minimum wage?"
"How can that be LEGAL?!?!" I asked.
That was back in 1980."

"silly • 3 hours ago
The combined lifetime efforts of all the children of the 99% cannot equal the financial, political, social, military, and ownership dominance of a single child born to a 1 percenter who applies no effort throughout life."

For the house slaves who comprise the good blue collar trades/jobs and the top 20% of white collar work that still exists and who still have a decent lifestyle and/or comfortable retirement. I suggest that you be happy with your lot in life in having to subsidize the field slaves.

Their lot is paycheck to paycheck drudgery in drug ridden neighborhoods or otherwise undesirable places to live and living conditions. Be happy you're not one of them and were able to move up "to the masters chambers" where you are given the greater illusion of freedom.

Because "they" are not done acquiring wealth. By next year as the article says they're going to have even more and so on and so on. So like I said if you're fortunate enough to be a house slave the appropriate attitude would be to be thankful for your lot instead of complaining to those who could care less about subsidizing your fellow serfs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q
So what you're saying is don't criticize the rich.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
So what you're saying is don't criticize the rich.
I'm saying he who has the gold makes the rules.

There's nothing you can do about it except to deal with it.

Unless you have the stomach for another French or American Revolution. And TPTB keep the slaves plenty sedated with bread and circuses like sports, GMO foods etc... for that. Post 60's man does not have the stomach for that sort of stuff.

As late as the early 20th century our forefathers who fought in WWI showed up to the Capital in Washington D.C. armed and ready for battle because the government was considering withholding their veterans benefits. And the stories of workers riots and battles in the beginning of the workers rights movements and the early formation of Unions are legion.

Their great, great, great grandchildren just bend over and take it.

"I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire,... The man that controls Britain's money supply controls the British Empire. And I control the money supply"

Baron Nathan Mayer Rothschild, of the Rothschild international banking cartel

http://www.newpeopleorder.com/index.html
Amazon.com: They Own It All (Including You)!: By Means of Toxic Currency (9781439233610): Ronald MacDonald, Robert Rowen: Books#_

They Own It ALL(Including YOU!)By Means of Toxic Currency
by Ronald MacDonald, Robert Rowen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics