Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2015, 03:08 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
but you are a financial failure and there is no example you could dream up that will work in your case. once you dig a hole and get yourself in it the way you did there is no way out and any conventional wisdom will not apply , it can't.

All I need is 400 square feet of space and a sane living environment. I have $10K+ of stuff to sell and an endless supply of stuff I can flip for profit. Since overspending is not the problem. the solution is not all that mysterious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 03:10 AM

3,022 posts, read 2,273,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Of course there is. But it would entail unshackling yourself from the computer and using all the time you spend bleating about life's inequities in working a second job. This may be a totally alien concept to you but it's one which has proven successful for centuries.
Right because it is so easy these days to find another job let alone another job where they work with you to fit around the hours you are working at another job. Why are we for people working their life away just to survive we should strive for better then that.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:45 AM

106,668 posts, read 108,833,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
All I need is 400 square feet of space and a sane living environment. I have $10K+ of stuff to sell and an endless supply of stuff I can flip for profit. Since overspending is not the problem. the solution is not all that mysterious.
it may not be mysterious but it certainly seems to be elusive for you.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
There are no "hidden costs" to home ownership. All the associated costs are easily found. There are many, many landlords who do not think about things like maintenance, taxes, and repairs between tenants. But them not doing their homework is their problem, after all.

Owning rental property is essentially the smallest of small business. (Anything smaller requires a lemonade stand or a case of product samples such as vitamins.) Anyone who cannot make investment property work shouldn't try any other kind of business. Cash flow is cash flow, after all.

I usually suggest looking in the crawl space.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
it may not be mysterious but it certainly seems to be elusive for you.

It's called catcha-22.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:29 AM

9,858 posts, read 7,732,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Right because it is so easy these days to find another job let alone another job where they work with you to fit around the hours you are working at another job. Why are we for people working their life away just to survive we should strive for better then that.
Because we are realistic and know that you can barely survive on one part time job. If someone complains constantly that they don't have enough money to live how they want to live, we all suggest working more.

I've worked two jobs most of my life, I have no regrets at all.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:26 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,273,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
Because we are realistic and know that you can barely survive on one part time job. If someone complains constantly that they don't have enough money to live how they want to live, we all suggest working more.

I've worked two jobs most of my life, I have no regrets at all.
They should not have to though that is why min wage was created in first place. If you work two jobs you won't have time for family or friends, you will be tired all the time which will led to being sick more what kind of life is that? Is that what you want people spending their whole lives just working?

Old 02-20-2015, 06:58 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Why? Because if you don't "work your life away" to survive, your survival depends on someone else's work.

Or you starve to death.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:17 AM

9,858 posts, read 7,732,644 times
Quote:
They should not have to though that is why min wage was created in first place. If you work two jobs you won't have time for family or friends, you will be tired all the time which will led to being sick more what kind of life is that? Is that what you want people spending their whole lives just working?
So you think it's okay to watch someone struggling financially because they only work one part time job and can't figure out why they are poor? You don't think it's moral to suggest that they work more hours (like everyone else) so that they can have a better life?

Old 02-20-2015, 07:26 AM

106,668 posts, read 108,833,673 times
Quote:
minimum wage is for kiddie jobs not grownups supporting themselves ,like it or not that is what it is. adults are expected to develop marketable skills to support themselves . if they have no skillws they need more low level jobs and more working hours to take up the shortfall.

been there ,done that myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics