Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 03:38 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times

Advertisements

It is all part of the Globalist Utopia brought to us by our Dear Multinational Corporate and Banking Lobbyists.

The Trans Pacific Partnership negotiated by Unelected Corporate Heads between other nation states will be another nail in the coffin.

Pro Globalists Need to have skin in the game.
If they want to invest in other countries and still infest DC, they need to pay a 200% tax on capital gains profits while they do "Gods Work"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
That is the way it is. Fall out of the middle and go to the bottom, or clime out of the middle to the top. Time to rebuild the middle, or baring that make the bottom more comfortable by upping the minimum wage.

I don't particularly care about comfort though. Strong economic growth is what I like.
We need to throw out all Revolving Door Multinational Corporate and Banking Politicians out of DC.
It does not take Globalist Politicians to run a National Government.

Old 03-20-2015, 03:40 PM

220 posts, read 418,003 times
Unless you back up percentages with actual numbers there is no way to tell how these numbers were computed and therefore manipulated to draw the conclusion that the publisher wanted. Looks like inflation adjusted was used too. Not saying whether this is real or not but I wish they gave a link to the actual data/numbers.

Old 03-20-2015, 03:45 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,385,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
We need to throw out all Revolving Door Multinational Corporate and Banking Politicians out of DC.
It does not take Globalist Politicians to run a National Government.
We just need to take responsibility for who we elect. Pick someone you know that would do better than those serving our in public office and tell your friends to vote for them on election day. Do it on social networks. Start now and ...

Old 03-20-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Well, that's the plan. Keep voting Republican!
You will not make any headway in DC if you still have the same masters on both sides pulling the strings.

What would happen if a Pro American was chosen for President? Assuming he could even get in since they have raised the price via "Citizens" United which only the Big Multinationals aka Globalists can afford

He would be laughed out of DC and smeared in the media

Here are some of the politicians we are up against

In 1970 there were 200 Corporate and Banking Lobby Offices in DC.

In 2015, there are well over 2000 Corporate and Banking Lobby Offices in DC

Here are your "politicans"

The Revolving Door in Washington DC

37 out of 40 Goldman Sachs lobbyists in 2013-2014 have previously held government jobs

86 out of 114 General Electric lobbyists in 2013-2014 have previously held government jobs

53 out of 61 Citigroup Inc lobbyists in 2013-2014 have previously held government jobs

118 out of 141 Comcast Corp lobbyists in 2013-2014 have previously held government jobs

59 out of 69 JPMorgan Chase & Co lobbyists in 2013-2014 have previously held government jobs

39 out of 48 Koch Industries lobbyists in 2013-2014 have previously held government jobs

86 out of 116 Boeing Co lobbyists in 2013-2014 have previously held government jobs

53 out of 68 Raytheon Co lobbyists in 2013-2014 have previously held government jobs

33 out of 49 Northrop Grumman lobbyists in 2013-2014 have previously held government jobs

22 out of 30 Monsanto Co lobbyists in 2013-2014 have previously held government jobs

77 out of 103 Wal-Mart Stores lobbyists in 2013-2014 have previously held government jobs

71 out of 97 AT&T Inc lobbyists in 2013-2014 have previously held government jobs

Old 03-20-2015, 03:53 PM

5,667 posts, read 6,594,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Demographic trend. Less workers at peak earnings ability. People over age 55 tend to retire voluntarily or go on disability.
Nope. Women.

Note the two bottom lines. Much fewer teenagers working, and many more seniors.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:14 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,385,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruff View Post
Nope. Women.

Note the two bottom lines. Much fewer teenagers working, and many more seniors.
The young people aren't getting jobs. We need demand for bottom end earners.

Old 03-21-2015, 02:22 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,917,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
HIGHLY interesting and especially because this just confirms what I have been reading over and over again in forums such as these.

I also found it interesting and educational that the source used 67% to 200% of each state's median household income as its parameter for what IS the middle class. (This makes great sense to me, btw.)

Anyone want to guess if most of the people leaving the middle class are going into the lower or upper class?
67-200% of the median may define middle income but it doesn't have much to do with class. Class is a set of aspirations, attitudes, and behaviors. A Harvard student living on $5000 a year is upper middle class; a thug who just had a hit record and who's swimming in money is still lower class.

I would say that if you're a homeowner or reasonably aspire to be one, went to at least some college and your kids have the same expectation, and you have a full-time job or equivalent (such as owning a small business), you're middle class.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:42 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,126,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
67-200% of the median may define middle income but it doesn't have much to do with class. Class is a set of aspirations, attitudes, and behaviors. A Harvard student living on $5000 a year is upper middle class; a thug who just had a hit record and who's swimming in money is still lower class.

I would say that if you're a homeowner or reasonably aspire to be one, went to at least some college and your kids have the same expectation, and you have a full-time job or equivalent (such as owning a small business), you're middle class.
I knw people who fit that description making $12/hour.

I would NOT Call <$25k year/pretax "middle class"

And no, someone to went to a "certain school" making $5k/year is NOT "upper class"

Old 03-21-2015, 07:32 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
This isn't really a surprise considering the battering people took from 2008 forward and how well the economy was doing in 2000.

The Shrinking Middle Class, Mapped State by State
The American Middle Class started to slowly decline after the 73 oil crisis which hurted the US economy. Later Administrations like Reagan, Clinton, Bush Jr and Obama saw middle class decline even further with the support of tax breaks for the wealthy. I suggest you guys to watch PBS two American families. Its one of the saddest things I have watched and made me cry. The documentary shows two families in a span of 25 years living under 5 different presidents and how the economy has changed for them and their families. It takes place in industrial Milwaukee. Shows two families who were once middle class in the 80s and went through economic changes, surviving marriages, divorces, health problems, loosing homes, jobs, watch their kids grow and their situation is not even better.

Either way both the demotards and republicraps are cheating the American people heavily. Keep voting for them guys and you will see what will happen.

Video: Two American Families | Watch FRONTLINE Online | PBS Video

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 03-21-2015 at 07:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics