Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 04:40 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,875,685 times

Advertisements

I believe in the near future food will be the new exchange commodity and inspite of the strengthening
dollar out valuating foreign currency rates. Beginning this Fall we most likely experience the virtual
death of the US economy albeit dollar. Could I be wrong? Hell no! I digress my charts although have
cha chinged me into happy happy they occasionally disappoint ,but I have red flagged Sept-Oct as
my doomsday economic suck time.....I love ya all don't be knuckleheads.......prepare!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 04:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Well:I am working on a wallet that cares dehydrated burgers and fries; LOL.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:11 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,454,442 times
It's already here and it's known as the Bancor. Look it up as well as SDRs created by the IMF. The scenario you describe only becomes reality in extreme survivalist conditions i.e. SHTF type scenarios.

Also historically, food (base staple grains) in ancient times has already been a currency. So I don't know what your point is other than being a 'sky is falling' advocate? I agree everyone should have an emergency food reserve for SHTF situations but that is for self consumption as vast majority of food is highly impractical due to the prescient definition Aristotle used as best for medium of exchange:

1 Durable (all food has a shelf life except Honey)
2 Divisible (can be quite cumbersome to deal with depending on the items in question)
3 Convenient (perhaps within a region but again may be more cumbersome than worth)
4 Consistent (varies based on the food item and region's ability to produce)
5 Have Value in and of itself (yes does has value but see 1 above - they have varying expiration dates)

Old 04-03-2015, 06:14 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
I believe in the near future food will be the new exchange commodity and inspite of the strengthening
dollar out valuating foreign currency rates. Beginning this Fall we most likely experience the virtual
death of the US economy albeit dollar. Could I be wrong?
You are wrong.

This thread belongs here: Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal

Closing mike.....

Mircea

Old 04-03-2015, 06:23 PM

7,899 posts, read 7,110,590 times
I have no idea if you think that your ideas have any possibility of success. I am happy to hear that you have a definite time period for your ideas to come to fruition. Why don't we watch and wait and if Fall comes and goes and your ideas are again wrong, maybe you can consider never posting another such prediction.

Old 04-04-2015, 04:32 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,875,685 times
My explaination is sort of a preivous broken record, but many haven't had access to the mapping that since 1987 to now every 7 years has seen a market crash ...every cottinpickin Fall. This year is the exciting 7 year anniversery of the 2008 crash ...predictions are fun! Why? because their predictable!

Old 04-05-2015, 09:02 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,197,833 times
Quote:
My explaination is sort of a preivous broken record, but many haven't had access to the mapping that since 1987 to now every 7 years has seen a market crash ...every cottinpickin Fall. This year is the exciting 7 year anniversery of the 2008 crash ...predictions are fun! Why? because their predictable!
You and your rabbi friend of the magical 7 year economic cycles need to find new antennae for your tin-foil hats.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:41 AM

5,667 posts, read 6,593,451 times
Quote:
I believe in the near future food will be the new exchange commodity
If it gets that bad only an idiot would sell their food. How can it be an exchange commodity, when no one exchanges it (willingly)? For unwilling exchanges, guns and ammo will be very valuable, but I doubt anyone will be selling those either.

Old 04-10-2015, 04:16 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,572,348 times
Quote:
but I have red flagged Sept-Oct as
my doomsday economic suck time.....I love ya all don't be knuckleheads.......prepare!
I'd be curious to know exactly what you are doing to prepare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics