Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 03:23 PM

741 posts, read 1,751,194 times

Advertisements

Not sure, which forum this should belong...

Moderators please move it around to a right forum as needed....

Please provide your thoughts on this web site: ReceiptHog | Learn More

Have you used this site? If so, how useful is this?

What are the privacy and security issues associated with using this site?

Looks like the users of Receipt Hog can turn receipts from everyday grocery shopping into cash - no matter where they shop or what they buy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 07:34 AM

9,879 posts, read 14,122,777 times
Um, you need to turn in fifty receipts valued at $100 or more to earn $5. Seems like a waste of time to me.....

Old 04-21-2015, 09:17 AM

741 posts, read 1,751,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Um, you need to turn in fifty receipts valued at $100 or more to earn $5. Seems like a waste of time to me.....
On top of that, security and privacy issues associated with it do not sound that good...

Old 04-21-2015, 09:49 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,358,514 times
Quote:
yes it is. I tried it myself and grew bored of the app. I'm not a money spender. It might be fun for someone that enjoys spending their money at different places frequently.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:11 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,909,526 times
I have a buddy that already thought of the reciept hog idea years ago. He is a financial advisor for Ameriprise and writes off over $18,000 a year in meal & entertainment expenses. He doesn't even take clients out though.

Once a month, he has myself and a few buddies meet him at a bar, and he buys all of our drinks that night if we turn all of our reciepts for dinning out and drinking at bars we paid cash for over to him.

His total last year was $18,148.

He is definetely a reciept hog. LOL

Old 04-21-2015, 02:48 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,579,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
I have a buddy that already thought of the reciept hog idea years ago. He is a financial advisor for Ameriprise and writes off over $18,000 a year in meal & entertainment expenses. He doesn't even take clients out though.

Once a month, he has myself and a few buddies meet him at a bar, and he buys all of our drinks that night if we turn all of our reciepts for dinning out and drinking at bars we paid cash for over to him.

His total last year was $18,148.

He is definetely a reciept hog. LOL

And he is committing fraud and even better his friends are posting about it on the internet

Old 04-21-2015, 05:15 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,909,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
And he is committing fraud and even better his friends are posting about it on the internet

That's right !!!

But that's just the beginning of all of the fraud I witness.

My uncle had a 50 unit condominium complex built a few years ago. He 'wrote off' over $200,000 in travel expenses over the course of that project.

I had a lot of fun fishing for Marlin off the coast of Cabo with him. LOL

And then there is the trust fund princess I was banging awhile back. Over $430,000 in her totally safe and secure trust fund left by her grandfather. The same grandfather that died with a $1.2 million dollar federal lien on his cattle ranch. The government was not allowed to attach it to anything else due to some kind of loophole in the Federal Farm & Homestead Act of like 1908.

Let's not forget the billions of dollars in 'bailouts' that Wall Street received, only to redistribute that money in the form of bonuses to the same people that caused the real estate collapse.

Then there is the single mommy on her IPhone in line at the grocery store buying her food with an EBT card and walking back to a new Acura. While spending her child support money on her clothes, make up, going tanning, etc

Whole lotta' fraud going on.

Gotta love America !

Old 04-21-2015, 05:59 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,690,587 times
Interesting website, had never heard of it. My husband and I keep and use most reciepts we get as write offs also, they add up fast and without the deductions, would be taxed to death. They are all legitimate things though regarding our business.

I have to agree with skydive, America is full of fraud from the small time to big time.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:09 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,016,325 times
Quote:
$5 isn't worth the time doing that.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:44 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
That's right !!!

But that's just the beginning of all of the fraud I witness.

My uncle had a 50 unit condominium complex built a few years ago. He 'wrote off' over $200,000 in travel expenses over the course of that project.

I had a lot of fun fishing for Marlin off the coast of Cabo with him. LOL

And then there is the trust fund princess I was banging awhile back. Over $430,000 in her totally safe and secure trust fund left by her grandfather. The same grandfather that died with a $1.2 million dollar federal lien on his cattle ranch. The government was not allowed to attach it to anything else due to some kind of loophole in the Federal Farm & Homestead Act of like 1908.

Let's not forget the billions of dollars in 'bailouts' that Wall Street received, only to redistribute that money in the form of bonuses to the same people that caused the real estate collapse.

Then there is the single mommy on her IPhone in line at the grocery store buying her food with an EBT card and walking back to a new Acura. While spending her child support money on her clothes, make up, going tanning, etc

Whole lotta' fraud going on.

Gotta love America !

Was it her Acura?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics