Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2015, 08:15 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
How about force feeding birth control to the baby mama's since they can't seem to form the word "no" when the man comes calling. if the man has a couple of illegitimate kids to other baby mama's on welfare, what makes the woman think if she has a kid to him think that she is speeecial?

Don't woman have any pride in themselves anymore?
Ahh yes, forced Eugenics. Where have I heard that idea before?

Hey Petch! You always tell me to put my money where my mouth is, why don't you go offer sterilizations for free to poor folks, Or hey even offer to pay $100 for everyone that gets fixed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 08:19 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Hey Petch! You always tell me to put my money where my mouth is, why don't you go offer sterilizations for free to poor folks, Or hey even offer to pay $100 for everyone that gets fixed?
Yet you continue to rant how everyone else should pay more but never pay more yourself.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Many women don't have a choice. Ever try resisting a hormone-fueled 300 lb 16 year old? Basically many of the males are weaponized humans, even when unarmed.
What? You described rape.

So you're saying these baby moma's are being raped by different men and then they have and raise their children.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:21 PM

28,113 posts, read 63,642,682 times
Quote:
Many women don't have a choice. Ever try resisting a hormone-fueled 300 lb 16 year old? Basically many of the males are weaponized humans, even when unarmed.
Well... they would have to go through the daughter's father first... I grew up and live in Oakland and father's in the home are still very much the same... then and now.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Well... they would have to go through the daughter's father first... I grew up and live in Oakland and father's in the home are still very much the same... then and now.
Sad that the father should have to fend off the weaponized mammoth instead of the law taking him off the street or teaching respect of women. Then again if the woman don't demand respect they'll never get it.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Wow, I'm still surprised you used the claim of rape to defend woman who have kids to different baby daddy's. Obviously the men aren't taught to respect woman.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:30 PM

28,113 posts, read 63,642,682 times
Quote:
Sad that the father should have to fend off the weaponized mammoth instead of the law taking him off the street or teaching respect of women. Then again if the woman don't demand respect they'll never get it.
Police do not police much and this is straight from the Chief at the Town Hall last month...

The 3 priorities are... Firearms, Domestic Violence and Children... so yes, a police response may work.

Now, if your 12 year old is caught breaking into a home... good chance home by dinner.

As to the topic at hand... no I do not want to punish the top 1%...

Punishment is reserved for those found guilty through judicial proceedings...

I also do not aspire to be a 1%... not that it is something I need to worry about...

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 05-11-2015 at 09:04 PM..

Old 05-11-2015, 08:55 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Barbara View Post
Such complete confusion. They are not even remotely related.
I didn't say they are related, I said they are functionally equivalent.

Quote:
This is the preamble to the US Constitution...
I've read the entire Constitution dozens of times. If you are advocating that the federal government should do everything that the Constitution explicitly authorizes it to do, and nothing more, then I'm totally on board. But I suspect that you take a very broad, "living breathing" interpretation of the Constitution.

Quote:
Yikes! Direct democracy is one if the worst of all possible forms of government. Our own founders knew this well and went to considerable lengths to keep the country far, far away from any such notion.
That's one reason they established the federal government as a constitutional republic, instead of a democracy. Of course, lobbyists and big-money political contributors have succeed in almost completely disenfranchising John & Jane Public.

Quote:
Well, it was after the Gipper's time, but Clinton's Reinvent Giovernment initiative (spear-headed by VP Gore) did indeed bring about signifcant reductions in the size of the federal workforce
Not significant at all. It did little to eliminate the bloat, waste, fraud, and abuse that have become institutionalized in the federal bureaucracy, and government is still exercising authority in many areas where such is not Constitutionally authorized.

Old 05-11-2015, 08:56 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Yet you continue to rant how everyone else should pay more but never pay more yourself.
Rant? Ahhh thats your newest term instead of claiming im telling people take it?

No I make statements that I and others should pay more for a more robust social safety net. give examples of why, and also state that excessive wealth inequality is a problem....

Sooo..when will you respond to my question instead of dodging it?

Old 05-11-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

How about morals and a little bit of pride in oneself. Obviously woman don't think much of themselves to be willing to have children to a man who doesn't care enough to stick around. The children pay the highest price for the actions of their selfish parents. And then you claim to care so much about "the children". Look at the life these people provide "the children".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics