Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 06:50 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,792,682 times

Advertisements

Hillary Clinton's financial disclosure omitted 'pass-through' company used by Bill | Daily Mail Online

"The newly released financial files on Bill and Hillary Rodham Clinton's growing fortune omit a company with no apparent employees or assets that the former president has legally used to provide consulting and other services, but which demonstrates the complexity of the family's finances."

It's no wonder that people who want to better themselves can't. Mining political connections, advisors who made the rules no one else heard of, shell businesses, connections, Evita Perron! How can normal people even hope to win?

Of course it's legal! He made the laws and his rats ate the rewards before we even knew of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 06:52 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,581,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Hillary Clinton's financial disclosure omitted 'pass-through' company used by Bill | Daily Mail Online

"The newly released financial files on Bill and Hillary Rodham Clinton's growing fortune omit a company with no apparent employees or assets that the former president has legally used to provide consulting and other services, but which demonstrates the complexity of the family's finances."

It's no wonder that people who want to better themselves can't. Mining political connections, advisors who made the rules no one else heard of, shell businesses, connections, Evita Perron! How can normal people even hope to win?

Of course it's legal! He made the laws and his rats ate the rewards before we even knew of them.
How do the financial shielding and "disclosure avoidance" techniques of the Clintons mean one can't get ahead, and what about the people that are.....well....getting ahead? How does your economic theory handle them?

Old 05-26-2015, 06:54 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,635,022 times
Quote:

Congress makes laws; POTUS does not.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:13 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,579,426 times
The sky is falling

Old 05-26-2015, 07:21 PM

460 posts, read 778,865 times
How is this any different from the thousands upon thousands of other small consulting businesses in the US that are pass through entities (single member LLCs, S-Corps or small partnerships)?

Any income he makes from consulting is net against his ordinary and necessary business expenses and is reported to the IRS. He gets a K-1 at tax time and reports his income like everyone else. What am I missing?

Old 05-26-2015, 11:09 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times
Quote:
It's no wonder that people who want to better themselves can't.

Yup. The Clinton started a shell company = People cannot better themselves!!!

Makes perfect sense.

Next up, Oil prices raising and cost of insurance sky rocketing all because of the Clinton!

Old 05-27-2015, 10:12 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times
Hmmm. You know, I despise Hillary Clinton as a politician and a person, and I feel that Bill Clinton is the epitomy of the philandering politician. However, I don't quite see how anything in the OP relates to people not being able to get ahead...

Old 05-27-2015, 10:29 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Hmmm. You know, I despise Hillary Clinton as a politician and a person, and I feel that Bill Clinton is the epitomy of the philandering politician. However, I don't quite see how anything in the OP relates to people not being able to get ahead...
Because politician lie to get into office, saying what they know people want to hear. Vote me in and I'll help. Some people take it as far as believing that politicians will legislate their prosperity, when the only prosperity that is legislated is the politicians.

In other words, the Clintons are no different if not among the worst of the bunch.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:50 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,863,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Congress makes laws; POTUS frequently ignores them.
There. I fixed it for you.

Old 05-27-2015, 04:54 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,572,348 times
Quote:
Why no one can get ahead!
I got ahead and so have many others, so you're resolving an issue that doesn't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics