Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 02:46 PM

1,901 posts, read 1,829,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGatsby View Post
I know you're well intentioned, but nobody takes Peter Schiff seriously and for good reason. The fact that you listen to him says a lot about you... I'd highly recommend studying Keynes and look at it with an open mind.

If you're looking for a debate, you will have to find someone else because it just isn't a good use of my time.
Ha! Schiff predicted the Mortgage Crash while everybody else called him crazy.

Now Schiff is explaining the situation with the Fed, and everybody is calling him crazy.

When are you guys going to realize that Peter Schiff is CORRECT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 02:50 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Things are reasonably well in Metro Detroit. Many employers struggle to fill jobs. Last time there was a recession, we felt it first.

From my vantage point, we are in a deflationary cycle. The only way to change this is to see wage growth or more of the fed's "medicine". As far as I'm concerned, the fed F'ed everything up to begin with. People are suffering as a result of stupid people playing god with our monetary and trade policies.

As a worker, I have been short changed all my life. So, I could care less what's around the corner. I know it will probably suck and there's nothing I can do about it. Rinse, wash, repeat.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:45 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,575,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
Ha! Schiff predicted the Mortgage Crash while everybody else called him crazy.
He made doomish predictions every year before that too, and has done the same every year since. He was the broken clock, and now he makes a living trading on that one time he finally got it right.

Quote:
When are you guys going to realize that Peter Schiff is CORRECT!
He might be, but it would be foolish to credit his predictions based on his previous accuracy. If you had managed your portfolio based on his calls on hyperinflation, dollar collapse, stock market ruin, etc. you'd have come out way behind, just as the funds he managed did.

Old 10-03-2015, 04:04 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,575,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Millenials have no power other than the few rich silicon valley kids like Mark Zuckerberg who is also supporting taking jobs away from Americans and only give his friends high paying jobs.
Mark Zuckerberg only gives his friends high paying jobs? Facebook has over 10,000 employees and a median salary most would consider high paying. Are you thinking those are 10,000 of his friends?

Quote:
In a decade or so, all the high tech jobs will be outsourced to Indian outsourcing companies just like how the manufacturing jobs all went to China.
1. All the high tech jobs won't all be outsourced to India, people were claiming this 15 years ago when outsourcing to India took off and they were wrong too. Domestic growth of tech demand has easily outpaced loss of high tech jobs to outsourcing.

2. All the manufacturing jobs didn't go to China. The US is way off their peak in 1980 (partly due to offshoring, partly due to productivity gains) but there are over 12 million manufacturing jobs in the US today.

Old 10-03-2015, 04:19 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,184,930 times
Quote:
People please do your SCHIFF homework tonight:
Peter Schiff is a worthless low-grade shill. Howdy Doody would be a better study when it comes to economic information.

Old 10-03-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
In a decade or so, all the high tech jobs will be outsourced to Indian outsourcing companies just like how the manufacturing jobs all went to China.
LOL! In the past 20 years, China has LOST more manufacturing jobs than the US presently has.

Old 10-03-2015, 04:29 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,273,662 times
Dude? Is that a Foreign car or truck I see you driving? Was that you I saw pulling out of Walmart? Do you care about and vote, for a strong working middle class for America, or do you spend your time just dreaming about how good things will be for you if we screw America and Americans...and You win the lottery or Inherit a Fortune from some until now, known relative?
Quote:
Dude no rate hike is coming, you are probably going to see NEGATIVE rates before soon.

The Fed's phony pumped up economy on Zero Interest Rates have failed, and they have no more damn tricks in the box left.

All of these "jobs" being created are flat out bull___ jobs that don't address raising cost of living. If you are a damn Millennial you might not EVER be able to afford to make a child on average with these so called "jobs" being created.

This is just crap man! Corporate Fascists have screwed us again! The Fed, Big Government, Big Business, Big Academia, The Media....they are all SCREWING us over!

Old 10-03-2015, 10:51 PM

210 posts, read 250,742 times
The fed is only covering up for the administration. Monetary policy cannot fix s h i t economic policy!

Old 10-03-2015, 10:55 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
Dude? Is that a Foreign car or truck I see you driving? Was that you I saw pulling out of Walmart? Do you care about and vote, for a strong working middle class for America, or do you spend your time just dreaming about how good things will be for you if we screw America and Americans...and You win the lottery or Inherit a Fortune from some until now, known relative?
Whats a foreign vs US built truck? A Ford built in Mexico or a Toyota built in USA?

Old 10-04-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkieMcCain View Post
The fed is only covering up for the administration.
Yes, but it's still fallout from the errors of the Bush administration that are being worked on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics