Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2015, 09:20 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,051,968 times

Advertisements

This is the headline from the Business Insider today. Most people do not track this index. It just broke all time lows.

Quote:
The index has always been used as a bellwether indicator for global trade conditions and the state of the international economy, but it attracted special attention after it pointed to the coming financial crisis back in 2008.
Baltic Dry Index hitting record lows - Business Insider
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 11:55 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,491,864 times
at best that is just the tail following the dog... don't try to make it where the tail leads dog... sometimes they point in same direct, or times not... but the tail can't ever lead

Old 11-21-2015, 09:11 PM

98 posts, read 119,709 times
I got sent this bit of news too, by a friend.

Whenever I get stuff like this, I want to know what the point is, or what I am to be cautious about.

Is this to get me to convert to cash (on Vanguard it would be prime money market)?

Is this to get me to buy gold or silver?

What? What?!

Old 11-21-2015, 09:57 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,051,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
at best that is just the tail following the dog... don't try to make it where the tail leads dog... sometimes they point in same direct, or times not... but the tail can't ever lead
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstriding View Post
I got sent this bit of news too, by a friend.

Whenever I get stuff like this, I want to know what the point is, or what I am to be cautious about.

Is this to get me to convert to cash (on Vanguard it would be prime money market)?

Is this to get me to buy gold or silver?

What? What?!
The headline is what caught my eye. I found a different article today that says there is nothing to worry about.

Forbes Welcome

Old 11-22-2015, 05:02 AM

34,262 posts, read 19,266,610 times
Theres a few other indicators going a bit wonky lately. Nothing that screams "OMG the worlds trade and economies are doomed", but several that say "WTH is that...why is that occurring". When you start really looking into them, theres some indicators of why its occurring, but it quickly gets complex, and people start guessing.

Old 11-22-2015, 07:25 AM

29,682 posts, read 24,732,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Theres a few other indicators going a bit wonky lately. Nothing that screams "OMG the worlds trade and economies are doomed", but several that say "WTH is that...why is that occurring". When you start really looking into them, theres some indicators of why its occurring, but it quickly gets complex, and people start guessing.
It all makes perfect sense. Deflationary cycle. Nobody is prepared, which is why no one can see it coming.

Gas is cheap though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics