Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 12:26 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,555,945 times

Advertisements

That's awesome

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dow-25...133201563.html

Now it all makes sense.

FED is just waiting for an excuse to expand it's balance sheet

They can print another 4 trillions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 01:18 PM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Of course they will make up the rules as they go along. You didn't see that already?

Deflation would have fixed the core problems of our economy a long time ago. Would have been too much suffering for the people at the top though. Instead, they have prolonged the suffering for all, while rewarding themselves magnificently, and preserving and promoting an inefficient economic model.

Bad behavior is supposed to be punished, not rewarded.

Old 01-26-2016, 02:16 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Brought to you by.. Lamoureux & Co.

Old 01-26-2016, 07:06 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
That's awesome

Now it all makes sense.

Yeah, I expect to see QE4 at some point.

Let's face it: Our government is owned lock stock and barrel by banks, billionaires, and multinational corporations. Who loses money when stocks go down? Banks, billionaires, and multinational corporations.

Therefore the full might and resources of the United States Government WILL be employed to ensure that stocks continue to climb. I'm betting my life savings on it- and historically this is a pretty safe bet. Would YOU bet against the United States? Many people have... a few broke even. Most failed miserably.

It could be argued that this is a good thing or a bad thing for the Average Joe. Personally I'm not weighing in on that. I'm concerned with making money- not armchair quarterbacking society.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:21 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post

Let's face it: Our government is owned lock stock and barrel by banks, billionaires, and multinational corporations. Who loses money when stocks go down? Banks, billionaires, and multinational corporations.

Therefore the full might and resources of the United States Government WILL be employed to ensure that stocks continue to climb. I'm betting my life savings on it- and historically this is a pretty safe bet. Would YOU bet against the United States? Many people have... a few broke even. Most failed miserably.

It could be argued that this is a good thing or a bad thing for the Average Joe. Personally I'm not weighing in on that. I'm concerned with making money- not armchair quarterbacking society.
LOL. Of course not, it's more fun to blame the dealer(s) than play the hand you are dealt.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:30 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
That's awesome

Now it all makes sense.

Of course you didn't put the fact that this is someone's opinion on what the Fed will do in your OP there....

If China's bubble blows up, why wouldn't there be QE4?

What about the strong dollar to compound the above? Companies are already blaming a strong dollar for weaker than expected earnings.

You're cute.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:51 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,626,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post

So like so many people in society you just want to make money by taking it from someone else. There is welfare for the poor. Welfare for corporations. Welfare for civil servants. Welfare for politicians. And now welfare for those who bet on stocks.

I suppose at some point, workers who actually are paying for all this will just be fed up with it all.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:56 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,626,761 times
Quote:
That's awesome

Now it all makes sense.

There are social, political, and economic factors that may handcuff the Fed this time around. While those betting on stocks would love that this transfer of wealth go on forever, there are those who are not so charitable. We see a hint of this outrage, not only in the Trump and Sanders insurgencies but even more serious situations all over the world.

If one simply sandboxes themselves in the world of stocks, then yes why not $25 trillion more? What harm? One has to look outside the sandbox to observe the harm and the resultant repercussions.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:48 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
I don't think there will be any QE, it will seesaw the market, up and down. Not good overall.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:54 AM

3,792 posts, read 2,383,791 times
Quote:
That's awesome

Yahoo!

Now it all makes sense.

{“We've built this model that tells us if we are at a state of complete panic, which we believe we are in, with the big drop in the Dow,” says Lamoureux. “And where we do our best work is when we get a sense mathematically of the extreme…If the crowd is too much one side of the boat, then we know the boat is about to tip over,” he says.} from the link.

Gotta love that doom and gloom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics