Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 03:37 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,123,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
I thought years of endless QE rounds and zero interest rates would be a major blow to Keynesian crooks

It seems they are going to double down on that.

Bank of Japan adopts negative interest rate policy

Probably all CBs were waiting for someone to pull the trigger so it happens

Now i assume ECB will follow more aggressively and FED later.

Anglo-Saxon land will join as well.

Another bad thing is now Chinese don't have a choice as well.

Renminbi will be devalued massively and even PBOC may start QE too

Jesus, what a world we're living!!!

Only enemies they have are gold and cash now.

Watch out people

Interesting times ahead.
What happened to all that hyperinflation that was predicted from QE a few years ago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 03:41 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,561,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
What happened to all that hyperinflation that was predicted from QE a few years ago?
It will probably come later due to massive underinvestment.

We're not past QE levels yet.

Rates are still zero.

Old 01-29-2016, 03:48 PM

106,739 posts, read 108,937,910 times
we may all be dead and buried by then .

Old 01-29-2016, 04:25 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,039,252 times
Quote:
I thought years of endless QE rounds and zero interest rates would be a major blow to Keynesian crooks

It seems they are going to double down on that.

Bank of Japan adopts negative interest rate policy

Probably all CBs were waiting for someone to pull the trigger so it happens

Now i assume ECB will follow more aggressively and FED later.

Anglo-Saxon land will join as well.

Another bad thing is now Chinese don't have a choice as well.

Renminbi will be devalued massively and even PBOC may start QE too

Jesus, what a world we're living!!!

Only enemies they have are gold and cash now.

Watch out people

Interesting times ahead.
Actually I am surprised why Fed hasnt done it till now.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:46 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,123,991 times
Quote:
It will probably come later due to massive underinvestment.

We're not past QE levels yet.

Rates are still zero.
Much later more than likely. The globe first needs to work it's way through the oversupply/overinvestment due to China and other developing countries.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:50 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,254,809 times
If rates are negative, does it imply I can earn money by borrowing money from the government and letting it sit idle?

Old 01-29-2016, 10:36 PM

22 posts, read 17,648 times
Markets went up today in hope that the US will follow Japan off the cliff and implement negative rates as well. Nothing has worked so far and there is no way negative interest rates will work. The world has never been desperate enough to do this. Pure Insanity.

Do you people even realize what negative interest rates will do? Negative interest rates will destroy the currency system we have in place. It will bankrupt the entire world. It will lead, eventually, back to the gold-backed currency system, but only after wreaking horrendous social catastrophes.

The NIRP pretenders are lying to themselves pretending this will spur growth. It won't. Our leaders are the blind men leading us into greater blindness. Let's just hope NIRP will never be implemented here in the US.

If America chooses to survive as a nation, choosing interest rates higher, and the Dollar as the surviving currency, then oil goes to $10.
If America chooses to not survive as a nation, NIRP, then oil will soar and America breaks into parts.

We have painted our selfs into a corner. Greed has to be paid for.

Old 01-30-2016, 10:48 AM

1,901 posts, read 1,830,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
What you get beat up for is the fact all you do is complain about it . Others may not be happy with the way things are done but instead of whining about things they can't control they spend their time learning to profit from it AND DO . .
This is funny considering back in the Summer when I was predicting that they would begin pushing NEGATIVE rates, you once again "laughed" at me and said I was just giving out more "poor information".

Now that they are pushing negative rates, the question is what if the Fed does it? It would wipe out every Saver in this country because:

- Putting money in the bank might COST you money, which requires you to put it into markets

- When markets tank, there's no more moves the Fed can do because you can't go more "negative" than "negative", thus, people would just be wiped out

How you guys don't see the Central Banks as a PROBLEM is beyond me, is it NOT clear as day now? But everybody is so busy being "programmed" by their financial advisor or being "distracted" by watching the next episode of Teen Mom.

Old 01-30-2016, 10:59 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Sales taxes go up and bankers get a rebates. Democracy is truly dead .

Old 01-30-2016, 11:36 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,772,388 times
Market went up due to rebalancing in some mutual funds, it's not good news to have negative interest rate. BOJ knows that QE doesn't do anything but they keep trying. Perhaps these kinds of policies have hurt Japan for years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics