Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 03:10 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,916,278 times

Advertisements

I get it your family may be loaded due to earning or having it handed to them, but now days you need to make your children earn their living. Reason I bring this up, a customer walk in this morning driving a Roles Royce, and of course people started to stare. Its a kid.. Seriously a 17 year old kid coming to buy some meats. He comes in and big smile as he thought he was cool and be a show off. So he steps in the line, and first thing comes out of his mouth. Yes it is mine, and it cost more what you will make in your life time speech. I wanted to throat punch that kid right their on the spot. This isnt the first time i ran into some spoon fed kiddies, you see them all over town. Non of them really do work, nor care to work. But something needs to be address to them, as they are no better than the homeless people.

So any body experience smart arse kids that makes you want to put them in their place? And dont give me that im jealous speech, as im not. I like to earn my living and will teach my son to do the same. Nothing is given free, its earned.. Unless your family is loaded. Is like they want to look down on us working people and laugh, when they are the ones that really cant survive on a hiking trip without crying for help.

Mods, please feel free to move this to another forum, as i wasnt for sure to post.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:46 PM

26,192 posts, read 21,595,618 times
It wouldn't bother me at all nor would I care. Why would I? Why does it bother you? Move on you will be better off for it

Old 04-04-2017, 05:27 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,916,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
It wouldn't bother me at all nor would I care. Why would I? Why does it bother you? Move on you will be better off for it
It doesnt bother me when they dont throw it in the working people face. But soon as you start throwing in my face or anybody face who you think is beneath you, than that is were i draw the line. We are all busting our butts off to make ends meet and have a comfortable life, but WE EARNED IT. I seriously doubt this 17 year did, nor any kid that has a 100k+ car that doesnt have a J.O.B... We have a kid working for us who parents are loaded, but you know how they got my respect. They make the kid work after school, 24 hours a week and this kid does bust his butt off. He doesnt get anything from his parents and he learn that he gets better friends when he is not gloating. I know its not every rich parents kids, but dont go throwing it people faces.. So if somebody is throwing up, what is your offensive response to them? do you think they earn it like us working class does?

Old 04-04-2017, 06:38 PM

I don't have a response for them as I don't care. I'd ignore the kid and go about my day

Old 04-04-2017, 06:55 PM

5,668 posts, read 6,597,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
I wanted to throat punch that kid right their on the spot.
What stopped you?

He was obviously looking to get a rise out of people and he did. He also believed that he wouldn't get a beat down for his mouth and he was right about that, too. Heck, maybe he is actually really smart

Kid with a Rolls sounds suspicious to me though. What 17 year old kid lusts after a Rolls? That's a grandpa car. He was probably driving gramps to his doctor appointment or something.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:15 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,344,411 times
I would of made a jerk off motion and told him "I'll try and not throw out my arm now as you walk away"

He likely is driving Dad or Granddads car, has a tiny appendage and needs money to give himself self worth. Probably needs to wave it around as well because most of the people around him likely wouldn't be there if he had nothing.

Money is nice but it isn't everything. He just hasn't figured that out yet.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:23 PM

926 posts, read 829,583 times
Rolls Royce makes more cars, I don't particularly care for the way they drive though, it feels like a RWD car, idk if it was or not it just doesn't give you that more calm approach that a CT6 or Lincoln Continetal gives. It's a very heavy car I assume.
I haven't had that experience but I don't think anyone could make a point with that, as my car is only 1/5 of the value of a Rolls Royce and I can easily make 300k in 2.5 years. There's a guy who goes to my barber shop who is in his mid twenties who drives a Bentley Continetal and he's very contempt and wants other people to strive to be their best and follow their passions and do good at it. This guy is rich as hell, idk what he does, but he's got a Bentley 2 Maserati a 7 series, a 6 series and 2 escalades and a 400k house in the suburbs. Idk what the hell he does or doesn't.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer705 View Post
Rolls Royce makes more cars, I don't particularly care for the way they drive though, it feels like a RWD car, idk if it was or not it just doesn't give you that more calm approach that a CT6 or Lincoln Continetal gives. It's a very heavy car I assume.
I haven't had that experience but I don't think anyone could make a point with that, as my car is only 1/5 of the value of a Rolls Royce and I can easily make 300k in 2.5 years. There's a guy who goes to my barber shop who is in his mid twenties who drives a Bentley Continetal and he's very contempt and wants other people to strive to be their best and follow their passions and do good at it. This guy is rich as hell, idk what he does, but he's got a Bentley 2 Maserati a 7 series, a 6 series and 2 escalades and a 400k house in the suburbs. Idk what the hell he does or doesn't.

He has a 400k house with that list of cars?

Old 04-04-2017, 09:39 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,552,235 times
Quote:
I get it your family may be loaded due to earning or having it handed to them, but now days you need to make your children earn their living. Reason I bring this up, a customer walk in this morning driving a Roles Royce, and of course people started to stare. Its a kid.. Seriously a 17 year old kid coming to buy some meats. He comes in and big smile as he thought he was cool and be a show off. So he steps in the line, and first thing comes out of his mouth. Yes it is mine, and it cost more what you will make in your life time speech. I wanted to throat punch that kid right their on the spot. This isnt the first time i ran into some spoon fed kiddies, you see them all over town. Non of them really do work, nor care to work. But something needs to be address to them, as they are no better than the homeless people.

So any body experience smart arse kids that makes you want to put them in their place? And dont give me that im jealous speech, as im not. I like to earn my living and will teach my son to do the same. Nothing is given free, its earned.. Unless your family is loaded. Is like they want to look down on us working people and laugh, when they are the ones that really cant survive on a hiking trip without crying for help.

Mods, please feel free to move this to another forum, as i wasnt for sure to post.

Yeah I have experienced such types. Unlike you I just don't let it bother me. Simply because I just don't care enough to worry about it. I'll take a rich mans money for services just as easily actually easier and faster than a average guys money. Because ultimately I simply don't let someone else's ******* grade affect me.
When I hear people like that it's in one year and out the other. I just don't care enough to even listen to what they say much less retain what they think it's important.

If the first thing a person has to tell you when he sees you is how rich they are they are pretty insecure. And probably nowhere near as rich as they claim. Teach your kid what you feel is the right way and don't worry about some 17 year old kid says. And if he's 17 unless he's some .com tycoon I doubt that RR is his. And F it is so what. A RR is about the worse car to buy. It may cost 250,000 but in 7-10 years it's about as much as a New Honda and the only person who buys it is some ruby red grade A A-hole who walks in a store claiming how rich he is.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:55 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:

You should buy a couple history books if this bothers you and you think it's new. You'll probably like the ending of most of the stories.

If you don't like to read, watch the movie Foxcatcher.

Any shame etc. you feel is on you. Me personally, i'd have either laughed or felt sorry for the poor SOB considering he'd been raised so wrong there was no chance of fixing it and they were headed for an adulthood that sucked.

Anyone with such a poor self-image that they have to roll up in a big spectacle....I wish I were a better person but I'd have laughed at their buffoonery. Frankly I'd have called them out and told them why. Because I'm a rock. I know who I am. I know how I got here and for someone like that I give 0% respect versus the guy in the next building over pushing a broom for $8/hour because he emigrated from Cuba and speaks little english.

If you took **** from some punk with daddy money then that's on you. It's not like the kid had private security with guns trained on you like in teh 3rd world. Show some spine next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics